Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Controversial opinion: The Dark World was the best Thor film.It’s the only one of the Thor movies so far to have him be at full strength for the whole film ( The first and third films depowered him for long stretches of their running times ).

Ragnorok was too much of a farce for my taste.Given what occurs,it should have the same relatively serious tone as Infinity War and Endgame.
  • I love The Dark World personally. The battle and action sequences were excellent and it had the best balance of sci-fi and fantasy out of any of the Thor films. The climax in London with all that jumping through portals is great fun.

The first Thor is pretty all right, but it really gets bogged down in that desert town. This was Marvel struggling to find its footing. They did a lot of good things with character and the ending is impactful, but if I want a thrill ride all the way through I've got to go with The Dark World.

The Thor films have just gotten better for me from one to the next. I'm hoping Thor 4 continues the trend.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Moon Knight Episode 4 very interesting and quite creepy at times, though what the hell was that thing at the end, I almost burst out laughing.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Moon Knight Episode 4 very interesting and quite creepy at times, though what the hell was that thing at the end, I almost burst out laughing.

It's Taweret, the Ancient Egyptian Goddess of childbirth and fertility.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Red_Snow wrote: »

It's Taweret, the Ancient Egyptian Goddess of childbirth and fertility.

And rebirth, which is telling.
    Screen X Trailer

This shows a lot more.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I saw a matinee screening of NTTD in that theater after seeing Gregg Wilson propping it in an ad. Can’t say I’ll ever go to one again.

Been slowly working my way through the MCU in chronological order, watching the ones I haven’t seen before. I last watched Doctor Strange. I’ve included the other Spider-Man films as they established characters used in No Way Home.

- Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
    3. Doctor Strange
    4. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    5. The Avengers
    6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    7. Iron Man
    8. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 1
    10. Ant-Man
    11. Iron Man 3
    12. Captain America: The First Avenger
    13. Black Panther
    14. Iron Man 2
    15. Thor
    16. Black Widow
    - The Amazing Spider-Man
    - Spider-Man 3
    17. Captain Marvel
    - The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    18. Thor: The Dark World
    19. The Incredible Hulk
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    Been slowly working my way through the MCU in chronological order, watching the ones I haven’t seen before. I last watched Doctor Strange. I’ve included the other Spider-Man films as they established characters used in No Way Home.

- Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2
    3. Doctor Strange
    5. The Avengers
    7. Iron Man
    10. Ant-Man
    11. Iron Man 3
    13. Black Panther
    14. Iron Man 2
    15. Thor
    16. Black Widow
    - The Amazing Spider-Man
    - Spider-Man 3
    17. Captain Marvel
    - The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    19. The Incredible Hulk

The Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy films are my favourites from the series as well as a couple of the Avengers films.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 440
    mtm wrote: »
    One nice part of the behind the scenes trailer is the glimpse of the huge sets they built at Longcross.

Interesting, I didn't know Longcross had become a big studio.

Yes. they've really grown the last few years.

As I recall, the main advantages are that it has a gigantic multi level backlot, and 5 bigger than average soundstages
    QQiXmcN.jpg

ynxZ5B9.jpg
    Moon Knight Episode 5 Best episode yet, I did not want it to end. Its good to see some emotional and character depth in a MCU show. Oscar Issacs was excellent here.
    I haven’t watched the show and probably won’t but is it true that Moon Knight is hardly in it at all?
    Just watched Dr. Strange for the first time. I thought it was great. Next one is Thor: Ragnarok.

3. Doctor Strange
    5. The Avengers
    7. Iron Man
    10. Ant-Man
    11. Iron Man 3
    13. Black Panther
    14. Iron Man 2
    15. Thor
    16. Black Widow
    17. Captain Marvel
    19. The Incredible Hulk

Interesting face off...
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    I haven’t watched the show and probably won’t but is it true that Moon Knight is hardly in it at all?

Yeah though to be fair the other aspects of the show are more compelling, which for Marvel TV is rare.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    And I don't know Moon Knight as a character anyway so I don't feel shortchanged.
    mtm wrote: »
    And I don't know Moon Knight as a character anyway so I don't feel shortchanged.

Likewise I knew nothing about the character before watching the show. Though I have done research since to get context and think the show is good.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Interesting face off...

That s cool. We already know Professor X is there, but perhaps we shall see Reed Richards and Sub-Mariner appear as well. My interest has peaked.

Interesting face off...

That s cool. We already know Professor X is there, but perhaps we shall see Reed Richards and Sub-Mariner appear as well. My interest has peaked.

Yeah the hook for this film will be which members of the Illuminati are there. The
    Captain Carter scene looks awesome just from the shot of the shield.
    ‘Spider-Man’ Director Jon Watts Exits Marvel’s ‘Fantastic Four’
    https://deadline.com/2022/04/spider-man-jon-watts-exits-marvel-fantastic-four-film-1235013110/
    Both great news.
    I didn’t even realize a Fantastic Four was in the works.

Good for Jon Watts doing something different like that thriller with George Clooney and Brad Pitt. This is the kind of thing I want to see these directors do.

Interesting face off...

It seems all the hype for this film is how many Marvel celebrity cameos are in there.So much for it being a solo Dr.Strange movie.

And the beauty part of it is that Disney will make money and continue to make the YouTubers cry about it when they should be focusing more on fighting for child custody from their ex wives.
    In preparation for the new Doctor Strange film I thought I better watch What IF Doctor Strange lost his Heart instead of his Hands. I have to say that was pretty impressive and would have made a good film.

I will make an effort to watch the rest of the What IF series.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, I didn’t finish the series but I thought that was the strongest I saw by a long way.
    Dr. Strange 2 banned in China..

edited May 2022 Posts: 23,271
    A few early reviews I have listened too, both said Doctor Strange 2 is a mess. The pandemic causing No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness to switch around may have hit Doctor Strange 2 the worst. I may just wait till Doctor Strange 2 is on Disney +.