Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• So Lashana Lynch is going to be
    a Captain Marvel variant I'm Dr Strange 2
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's fun.
    The presence of Sir Patrick Stewart in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness has been confirmed by the man himself :

https://www.herocollector.com/en-gb/Article/patrick-stewart-confirms-doctor-strange-2-role
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 1,394
    Gerard wrote: »
    The presence of Sir Patrick Stewart in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness has been confirmed by the man himself :

https://www.herocollector.com/en-gb/Article/patrick-stewart-confirms-doctor-strange-2-role

I think Stewart doesn’t seem to understand this whole “ deny everything and don’t give away any spoilers “ thing.

Also,if that’s true then it’s a pity as Logan was a great final appearance for him in the role.Then again he’s ruining his Star Trek legacy on that awful Picard show as well so it’s hardly surprising.

I REALLY hope Hugh Jackman doesn’t appear as Wolverine.It would be nice to know some Hollywood actors know when to leave a role behind.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I don’t think an appearance by either negates what was done in Logan . This is the Multiverse, and it’s filled with endless variations. What happened in Logan will always be the reality for that universe. There are many more from which to choose
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    I don’t think an appearance by either negates what was done in Logan . This is the Multiverse, and it’s filled with endless variations. What happened in Logan will always be the reality for that universe. There are many more from which to choose

Not just that, but wasn t Logan set in the future? All X-Men movies were, and I think this took place later this decade. The MCU is perhaps catching up now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, doesn’t he drive around in a terrible future car? Like the 6000 SUX?
    talos7 wrote: »

I mean as a curtain call for them playing their characters.Jackman has always seemed proud in interviews that Logan was his final say on the character and was adamant he would not return.It would be a shame if he ruined that just for a cameo to make Marvel fanboys go “ Ohhhhhhhhh!!! “

And isn’t it a shame that Dr Stranges own solo sequel seems to revolve around “ How many cameos and future MCU movies can we set up in this ? “.

This is exactly what ruined Iron Man 2.Great first movie with the second just being a set up for other Marvel movies.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    LOGAN was pretty dull.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    LOGAN was pretty dull.

I must admit I didn’t love it as much as everyone else did. It was well done but not my kind of thing, ultimately.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Looks terrible.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2022 Posts: 14,948
    I saw this earlier and expected to hate it (there's usually nothing worse than a sassy kid), but I thought it's a pretty good trailer. The music especially is terrific, what a clever idea to do an epic version of that tune. It's a proper pop classic.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2022 Posts: 5,869
    mtm wrote: »
    I saw this earlier and expected to hate it (there's usually nothing worse than a sassy kid), but I thought it's a pretty good trailer. The music especially is terrific, what a clever idea to do an epic version of that tune. It's a proper pop classic.
    Yeah I was pleasantly surprised personally. I might even give this a watch. I'd also say to I'm more of a fan of the Disney+ Marvel shows than the films, although I have always preferred content that takes its time and delves a bit deeper.

Also @mtm, if you loved the music for this trailer (as I did), you'll love a section of this edit that does the same thing. I wouldn't put it past Marvel to have been inspired by this for the trailer. The section I'm talking about starts at 2:11 :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I finally got around to seeing Loki. My response: mèh. I kind of like the '50s design of the TVA and whatnot, but Hiddleston doesn't really seem to be into it and I had a tough time forcing myself to sit through all six eps within a reasonable amount of time. I found the story pretty uninteresting, boring even. Wilson was okay... I guess. But Sophia Di Martino did nothing for me, Richard E. Grant was phoning it in, but worst of all, Jonathan Majors played his big role like an insult to the viewer. What the hell was he doing? Auditioning for a school play? This is one of the weakest things I've seen from Marvel in recent times.

So there's a season 2 being written, I see. Well, at least the names of Benson and Moorhead are attached to that season... I guess they might be able to squeeze something better out of it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,327
    Moon Knight Episode 1 was good, admittedly I knew nothing of the character before watching this, though I certainly want to see more of this world. Some great imagary and genuinely unsettling at times.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Moon Knight Episode 2 and 3 enjoying this show. It has an interesting concept, I have rewatched the first episode looking for clues as to when the
    third hidden personality possibly appears (Jake Lockley)
    This is my favourite MCU show up to now.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yeah, I have to admit that I'm liking MK as well. Loki let me down, Hawkeye was cute, but MK is interesting. This one keeps me wanting to see more, and given how TV challenged I am -- I am a film person, not a TV person -- that's a triumph.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    To the folks here that dismiss glorious stuff like that as “kiddy crap”.

Red_Snow wrote: »

Yeah.No thanks.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,327
    I am not that bothered about Thor Love and Thunder I will wait for streaming, Thor Ragnarok had some good moments though I found much of the film a bit odd and the humour fell flat for me, this new film looks more of the same.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 440
    One nice part of the behind the scenes trailer is the glimpse of the huge sets they built at Longcross.

A (good, IMO) change from Spiderman:NWH where they essential only built facades for a couple of entrances and then green-screened the rest.

EpCIk6C.gif

• I am not that bothered about Thor Love and Thunder I will wait for streaming, Thor Ragnarok had some good moments though I found much of the film a bit odd and the humour fell flat for me, this new film looks more of the same.

The fact Taika Waititi is directing is enough to have me excited for this one. Thor: Ragnarok was one of the very best of Marvel's output, IMO.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    One nice part of the behind the scenes trailer is the glimpse of the huge sets they built at Longcross.

Interesting, I didn't know Longcross had become a big studio.

I am not that bothered about Thor Love and Thunder I will wait for streaming, Thor Ragnarok had some good moments though I found much of the film a bit odd and the humour fell flat for me, this new film looks more of the same.

The fact Taika Waititi is directing is enough to have me excited for this one. Thor: Ragnarok was one of the very best of Marvel's output, IMO.

I am not a fan of Taika Waititi, Ragnarok is not in my top 5 Marvel films may only just make the top 10.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2022 Posts: 7,972
    I’m conflicted; I’m a Chris Hemsworth fan snd really like his portrayal of Thor but other than Thor: Ragnarok really haven’t loved the solo Thor films.

I did thoroughly Ragnarok. It was a fun film.
    Given this is by the same people that did RAGNAROK, you’ll probably enjoy it.

I do have a soft spot for the original film. I thought I would absolutely loathe it when it came out but was surprised that it was enjoyable. THE DARK WORLD is just kind of there. Other than a few things with Hiddleston it’s largely disposable.