Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• THOR 4: Love And Thunder "Mighty Thor VS Gorr" Trailer (2022)

One shot in this trailer has peaked my interest, I actually want to see this film now.

The shot of
    the Guardians walking through the flames?
    Hoping to see this within the next couple of weeks! :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    THOR 4: Love And Thunder "Mighty Thor VS Gorr" Trailer (2022)

One shot in this trailer has peaked my interest, I actually want to see this film now.

The shot of
    the Guardians walking through the flames?

There was one shot that tipped me off to what is likely to happen.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 440
    The second season of Loki (one of the few recent MCU things I've liked) was filming yesterday at an abandoned Indian restaurant near Pinewood, dressed to look like a 70s US McDonalds.
    60216637-11009525-image-a-28_1657712429974.jpg
    60216657-11009525-image-a-13_1657711827476.jpg
    60216633-11009525-image-a-14_1657711868177.jpg
    60216615-11009525-image-a-3_1657711499926.jpg
    60216625-11009525-image-a-11_1657711681831.jpg
    60216659-11009525-image-a-5_1657711538346.jpg

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I still have all the boxsets of the show, great news it's returning.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,347

Looks rough.
    ---
    Phase 5 slate
    FYZA1rAVQAAsiIa?format=jpg&name=small

Interesting it was also announced Fantastic Four will open Phase 6 and 2 Avengers films will close out Phase 6 Avengers Kang Dynasty and Avengers Secret Wars

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/marvel-avengers-5-6-secret-wars-kang-dynasty/amp/

Emotional trailer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Looks rough.
    ---
    Phase 5 slate

Interesting it was also announced Fantastic Four will open Phase 6 and 2 Avengers films will close out Phase 6 Avengers Kang Dynasty and Avengers Secret Wars

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/marvel-avengers-5-6-secret-wars-kang-dynasty/amp/

Looking forward to the new Ant-Man, and possibly Blade. Captain America: New World Order is an intriguing title.

Looks rough.
    ---
    Phase 5 slate

Looking forward to the new Ant-Man, and possibly Blade. Captain America: New World Order is an intriguing title.
    Captain America: New World Order is certainly an ominous title, overall Phase 4 has been dissapointing. The future films having me looking forward. The two Avengers films could be mind blowing it will be interesting to see who directs.
    As for the Shrek and Fiona series-not interested.
    As for the Shrek and Fiona series-not interested.

Lol the Uncanny Valley CGI it looks awful.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited July 2022 Posts: 3,390

Looks rough.
    ---
    Phase 5 slate

Thanks for the updates..... @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    Looking forward to those future Marvel Films.

I do wonder if that Ironheart was somewhat connected to Iron Man.
    Is that the one that allegedly stars Tom Cruise?

The title of the new Captain America felt like Star Wars, New World Order? Did George Lucas somewhat entered the making of that title? 😅
    Their is no sign of Marvel slowing up anytime time soon?!!!
    Disappointed that the trailer for QuantumMania is only available to a select few. But I guess it's just a question of time until we see it. The sooner the better, methinks.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Disappointed that the trailer for QuantumMania is only available to a select few. But I guess it's just a question of time until we see it. The sooner the better, methinks.

There is a microscopic version available here:
    MI6HQ wrote: »

Looks rough.
    ---
    Phase 5 slate

Thanks for the updates..... @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    Looking forward to those future Marvel Films.

I do wonder if that Ironheart was somewhat connected to Iron Man.
    Is that the one that allegedly stars Tom Cruise?

The title of the new Captain America felt like Star Wars, New World Order? Did George Lucas somewhat entered the making of that title? 😅

I think they teased Ironheart in the Wakanda Forever trailer, there was a brief scene that shows her (Ironhearts) suit being made.

Groot looks so cute.
    I did not expect to write this but I am waiting for this series. Especially for this fight with those tiny aliens.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Watching the finale for MS. MARVEL.

After this and BAD BOYS FOR LIFE, directors Arbi and Fallah have made my watchlist of must see directors. I hope they continue to have a good run behind the camera.

I see their next project is BATGIRL. I’ll definitely pay attention to that one.
    Awesome Bill Murray is in Antman and the Wasp Quantumania just watched some leaked footage and then audio from the trailer, thankfully the tone appears to be more serious. This version of Kang seems less jokey. Looking forward to seeing this character in the film
    modok.jpg
    MODOK
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

The release date of She Hulk has moved from the 17th to 18th of August.

So I watched all five shorts with Groot. What a nice surprise. It was a really nice show.

I mostly enjoyed shorts Groot's First Steps and The Little Guy.

edited August 2022 Posts: 23,347
    Librarian wrote: »

So I watched all five shorts with Groot. What a nice surprise. It was a really nice show.

I mostly enjoyed shorts Groot's First Steps and The Little Guy.

Not got round to watching it yet though will at some point. GOTG are some of the best MCU content.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Watching the finale for MS. MARVEL.

After this and BAD BOYS FOR LIFE, directors Arbi and Fallah have made my watchlist of must see directors. I hope they continue to have a good run behind the camera.

I see their next project is BATGIRL. I’ll definitely pay attention to that one.

lol :D
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,347
    She Hulk Episode 1 much better than the trailers would suggest, the lead actress is very endearing. The writing was pretty good, though does slip into cliche on occasion.
  • MV5BOWIyZTdkYjktZjkxMC00YjRlLWJmMjItNjg2M2IyYzJjMTY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQWRvb2xpbmhk._V1_.jpg

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Finally! a good Phase 4 movie. Maybe even a great one. I'll have to give it a rewatch to be sure.

Raimi's fingerprints are all over this film in the best way possible. The Evil Dead homages helped bring an extra layer of fun. I had no idea where any of it was going at any point in time. The film seemed to leap genres as frequently as it leapt universes. All in all, Multiverse was every bit as enjoyable to me as the first Dr. Strange film, which I consider a very strong if not quite uppermost-tier entry in the MCU.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that you evidently had to have seen WandaVision to understand Scarlet Witch's backstory. As someone who hasn't had the interest to watch any of the TV series, it was pretty random starting the movie off with two of the leads discussing events I'm not at all familiar with. I feel like I was definitely missing out on something important regarding Scarlet Witch's motivation. As far as the movies are concerned, she went from being one of the good guys to the villain in the blink of an eye.

Multiverse of Madness certainly has enough else going on that you can just kind of roll with it and figure things out along the way, but linking Strange's sequel so heavily to one of Marvel's many TV series was not a good idea in my opinion. It's quite enough to ask audiences to have kept up with 25+ movies. To make any number of random TV series required viewing as well is a storytelling/franchising model I have to question. Hopefully that is not the way forward for the MCU.

The battle at Kamar-Taj was my least favorite part of the movie—partly because it felt more like something out of Shang-Chi than Doctor Strange and partly because I had no idea what was going on with Scarlet Witch or why I should care. Fortunately, the film had already grabbed my interest and things only took off from there.

I have no idea what the post-credits scene means for Doctor Strange, but I'm very much looking forward to the third installment in the trilogy and to any future stories featuring America Chavez. Shame she wasn't in No Way Home as originally planned, since it would have been much better to simply have her using her portal-opening abilities than to let Ned suddenly be able to wield a skill Stephen Strange trained for years to master. At any rate, she's a solid new addition to the MCU and had a great debut here.

Finally, Danny Elfman really let loose and had some fun with the score. I particularly enjoyed the novelty of having a reality-defying battle with musical notes. Once again, Raimi indulging to the hilt in his own personal style helped liven up this franchise (which has been threatening to stagnate) in a way that hasn't been seen since James Gunn's first Guardians of the Galaxy and Taika Waititi's Thor: Ragnarok. I don't know that Multiverse of Madness quite reaches the heights of either of those two (repeat viewings may tell), but it sure was a breath of fresh air.
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero , Elfman s score for this one really stood out. I thought it was superb.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I saw that film but I’m afraid I don’t remember much about it. To me these recent Marvels just feel so minimum effort, like they shoot against a green screen for a couple of weeks and decide that’ll do. It was fine, but not very cinematic.
  • @Some_Kind_Of_Hero , Elfman s score for this one really stood out. I thought it was superb.

It really was a joy to listen to. Elfman sometimes lapses into caricature of his own sound, but this sounded like a really fresh and invigorating score from him.
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero , Elfman s score for this one really stood out. I thought it was superb.

It really was a joy to listen to. Elfman sometimes lapses into caricature of his own sound, but this sounded like a really fresh and invigorating score from him.

I didn t know it was him when I watched it, and was surprised when the credits came up.