SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Volante, couldn't agree more. I'm really looking forward to what the rest of the year is going to bring us.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great read. Thanks for the link @Germanlady.
    Is that possible?
    XXXX ‏@Colasante

I just saw a James Bond Heineken commercial that made me irrationally excited for Skyfall. I can't wait.

@Samuel - you're welcome
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    An online survey has apparently screen the new James Bond-themed Heineken television commercial to a few lucky survey responders.

As <a href="www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10128">MI6 reported back in April</a>, the hotly anticipated and highly debated Heineken/007 tie in advertisement was shot at Shepperton Studios and that, contrary to press speculation, the ad was not helmed by Sam Mendes ("Skyfall" director). Rather, the project was in the capable hands of Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., director of the 2011 film, "The Thing". Matthijs is the son of a successful Dutch producer and has enjoyed a successful career directing commercials for among other big brands, Peugeot, Delta Lloyd, Orange and Heineken.

Twitter user @Colasante posted this description of what they saw:

<i>It starts with Daniel Craig walking along a train station, being followed by some men, with the classic Bond music playing in the background. He bumps into an average looking man, who happens to be wearing the same outfit as him. Bond disappears and the men following him start running toward the man, thinking he's Bond. The man jumps on a nearby train to elude them.

The rest of the commercial is him going through a couple different cars on the train, with weird things happening in each car. At one point he passes a room in which Dr. No is being offered a Heineken- the waiter asks "Dr?" and he says "No," then grabs the Heineken off the tray. One of the cars was covered in ice and the main guy slid through it- I thought this might have been a reference to Die Another Day, and another of the cars featured some classic looking Russians trying to build a house of cards, and this might have been a reference to GoldenEye.

At the end of the commercial the main character runs into Bond and an attractive woman at a bar. Bond offers the main guy a Heineken then disappears, and the woman nudges a briefcase toward the main guy as the villains burst into the room. The next shot is of Bond parachuting off of the train.

Nothing seemingly overly connected to Skyfall that I could tell. The attractive woman might have been part of the cast, but I didn't recognize her. Overall a fun piece of marketing and better than I thought Heineken was going to do when they invested in Bond. </i>
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Parachuting off the train? I'm guessing it was on a bridge or something.

I wonder if Dr No looks anything like Jospeh Wiseman.
    OK, then. When do we see it? I hope it's well before October.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It sounds interesting!!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I want to see it! Now, please.
    And I'm thirsty.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I NEED TO SEE THIS!!!
    Me too and ASAP!
    Ben Wishaw, Naomi Harris, and Eva Green were all up for the BAFTA Orange Rising Star Award in the same year..

Wow.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Ben Wishaw, Naomi Harris, and Eva Green were all up for the BAFTA Orange Rising Star Award in the same year..

Wow.
    Yes, I remember it. Here's a clip:

I love Dan's reaction! :D
  • Technicolour at Paramount will be sound mixing Skyfall, at least according to a studio visit by High Def Digest.com.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/HDD_Visits_Technicolors_New_Paramount_Post-Production_Facility/9738
    Not totally true, as in the end, it was Daniel, who chose THE trunks...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/fashion/shorter-swim-trunks-are-the-look-for-men.html?_r=1
    Germanlady wrote:

I saw that on Ebay claiming NOT to be a print, and it made me suspicious because there were about a dozen following it that were prints, and looked identical. It was running for $500 big. It's got to be a print. That one you linked I'd be unsure about.. likely a print.
    That's a nice poster to win. One of a kind, I think, that's for sure.
    On second thoughts...
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/news/skyfall/

Nice resource on all things Bond above plus old titbits below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/10/eva-green-in-talks-to-sta_n_1267539.html?utm_hp_ref=ukfilmgossip

Nice she's going to bring them out again---her acting talents in a high profile movie

http://www.imdb.com/list/qKn4SBrSXck/

20 directors who might be considered for bond
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    http://www.imdb.com/list/qKn4SBrSXck/

Ans here's my two cents:

1hell no!
    2 yes
    3 yes please!!
    4 eh.. no (although it might actually result better than QOS, which borrowed heavily from his style)
    5 might be interesting, although i don't know if he'd actually come back...
    6 don't know him
    7 don't know him and XMO doesn't really help
    8 yes
    9 yes
    10 no
    11 hmmmmmm...
    12 no
    13 no
    14 no
    15 no
    16 no
    17 hell yes!
    18 no
    19 yes
    20 might work...

And may I just add: Christopher Nolan, Duncan Jones,
    Director Steven Spielberg had repeatedly stated that his new biopic "Lincoln", based on the life of the epic Civil War-era presidential portrait, would not open during the 2012 Presidential Election in the United States. This also happens to be the week that "Skyfall" opens in the USA, just days after the country goes to the polls.

"I’m not willing to allow the film to be part of the gristmill of the 2012 election cycle," Spielberg said as filming started. "So I’m going to make the movie, which of course would be ready for release before the election, but it won’t come out until December of 2012".

However, news from <a href="http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/18/steven-spielbergs-lincoln-release-007-twilight/"; target="_blank">EW</a> today confirms that the release of "Lincoln" has been brought forward.

It will now open in a limited release on November 9th, the same weekend as Daniel Craig's third outing as James Bond (which premieres in the UK two weeks prior). From there, "Lincoln" — which stars Daniel Day Lewis as the 16th U.S. president — will open wider on November 16th against "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2".

A limited release of a historical biopic should not worry Sony too much, as "Skyfall" is opening almost uncontested during its first week of release in the States.

<a href="http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_boxoffice_competition.php3">Click here to see the release calendar and box office competition for "Skyfall" in the UK & USA.</a>
    More competition for SF at the box office then.
    More competition for SF at the box office then.

I think 'some' would be a fairer description. Limited release means only a handful of screens compared to the thousands that will be running Skyfall.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Skyfall will be fine as long as it has a good second week hold. It will open bigger than any Bond, so things will be OK.
    Skyfall Box Office will do just fine the whole world over! Regardless of what's around at the time.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I want to see Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln; an amazing actor! Speilberg directing; hopefully memorable. But it does not really compete with Skyfall - two totally different kinds of films.
    SF will do fine, sure, and it will probably be the highest grossing Bond film, but with Twilight and now this, it does have competition.