SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's positive news they say they will stay be made but I'm sure we'd all like a little more than "we're moving ahead" with them after so long. It just makes me remain doubtful, as if they are just saying that as there is no update to give - because Sony don't really plan on making these two films at all.

To October then, I hope Craig can spill the beans on what's really going on.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Craig has nothing lined up after his publicity for SF, and I think Mara will be done any films she's on shortly thereafter, so it would be great timing. I just hope something official comes out soon.
    I would thzink, if they didn't plan on making them, nobody forced him to talk about it at all. Be silent and be done with it. But pushing ahead sounds promising and at this point, they should know, what they will decide. Also - the actors need to know finally. I say, its a Yes, we will do them and soon.
    I want Danny Boyle. Not at all keen on Fincher returning and he will not. I believe, they counted on more acculates for it and would have deserved these, too.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Craig has nothing lined up after his publicity for SF, and I think Mara will be done any films she's on shortly thereafter, so it would be great timing. I just hope something official comes out soon.

This is probably the reason, he has nothing lined up - knowing they will come through in the end.
    There is only TinTin on the horizon as sequel.

Hopefully Tattoo in fall/winter this year and 24 at the end of next year.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

This is probably the reason, he has nothing lined up - knowing they will come through in the end.
    There is only TinTin on the horizon as sequel.

Hopefully Tattoo in fall/winter this year and 24 at the end of next year.

What do you mean by that?

Well, for Bond 24 coming out in 2014 it needs to be filmed at the end of 13 at least.
    Ohh, okay, 'Bond 24.' I thought you were talking about a film adaptation of the television series '24.' This is also a perfect time, too, because they were hoping to shoot both TGWPWF and TGWKTHN at the same time, because it's one big story.
    As far as I know, it was always the decision to shoot them back to back. Make them both for 100 Mill and they gonna have themselves a nice profit.
    Germanlady wrote:
    As far as I know, it was always the decision to shoot them back to back. Make them both for 100 Mill and they gonna have themselves a nice profit.

I'm sure they would save money by shooting both films straight through, but I just wonder if the film will be lowered in quality by having a $100 million budget for two films, unlike 'Tattoo,' which had the same for just one. Either way, I'm sure I'll have a great time if they decide to move on with the two movies and release them.
    I think, a lot of the high amount is due to Fincher taking a long, long time for this - almost a year. Even though I believe, the film deserved a Best Picture and Best Director nod, it didn't happen, so I believe, there are other worthy directors, who can make great films for less money in a shorter period of time without sacrifying quality.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yeah, I think this is going to happen, and that makes me really happy. The film was awesome, the best actors, filmed and scored top notch. I am happy with another director, just keep Craig, Mara, and a really tight script. I've read all 3 books, and the first was my least favorite.

The Girl Who Played With Fire: The entire opening of the 2nd book reads like a great movie scene! In fact, I just re-read it. With a good director, the next two should be even better. Filming them at the same time just makes sense. In the books, the new characters and plot twists introduced are really good and would transmit to film no problem.

I like Noomi Rapace, but Rooney Mara really looks the part (per the books) and is a good actress. So this news does make me happy. Films need to make such ridiculously huge amounts of money these days to turn a profit or justify a sequel. A tough industry, for sure.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 6,601
    First of all, Tattoo made 232 Mill worldwide. (100 Mill in the US) I agree, it was the wrong date to release it, but it was quite successful on DVD and not such a failure like they say here with the BO. They expected more, but should have thought about the fact, that people might not want such a dark X-mas film. BTW - it did have the best holdover nonetheless and got better after the first week, when X-mas was out of the way.

Salander is the most interesting character, no question about it and despite the fact, that i want DC's Blomkvist on display, having more of her then in the books might do the film some good. My two...

Look at the date - its from January 10..
    Dark christmas films can be successful, but I wouldn't release them AT christmas. Look at Die Hard or Silent Night Deadly Night (which outgrossed Nightmare On Elm Street), they were really successful, but weren't released at xmas.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    They released The Exorcist XMas weekend. Needless to say churches around the world where up in arms. :)
    They released The Exorcist XMas weekend. Needless to say churches around the world where up in arms. :)

OMG Really? I only remember, it scared me shitless...
  • Germanlady wrote:

Nice to hear you will be empty for a change.
    Germanlady wrote:

Looks like I got myself a new fan. ;) But rest assured, I am never so empty, that I can't answer to fanposts.
    1h Joel Coulson ‏@JoelCoulson11
    That 'Our Liverpool: You'll Never Walk Alone' series will air Sept Fridays @ 9pm. Just been emailed the sponsorship opp £180k for all 6 eps.Daniel Craig is the narrator as well.
    Ian Bond ‏@CllrIanBond
    Rumours actor Daniel Craig will take torch over Fairlop lake; no official confirmation. If we hear the 007 theme it's not for me ;-(
  • it's on the home page news - here's the link anyway - it is v.good:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kxzr6/Saturday_Drama_From_Russia_with_Love/
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Looks like I got myself a new fan. ;) But rest assured, I am never so empty, that I can't answer to fanposts.
    Empty? Fans? I don't understand this conversation...
    :-/
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I am not sure, it can be called a conversation either. Its rather senseless bla on both sides I am afraid.. :(
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I think they are keeping it all friendly. But he said (just teasing I hope) basically that she is usually full of sh*t. (relates to her previous statement of being sh*tless.)
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Basically he said she was full of sh*t and she said something back.
    Germanlady wrote:
    That 'Our Liverpool: You'll Never Walk Alone' series will air Sept Fridays @ 9pm. Just been emailed the sponsorship opp £180k for all 6 eps.Daniel Craig is the narrator as well.

I'm not a Liverpool fan (as shown by my tattoo of the west ham badge), but I'd rather have Bond supporting them than United, Chelsea, etc.
    Germanlady wrote:

I'm not a Liverpool fan (as shown by my tattoo of the west ham badge), but I'd rather have Bond supporting them than United, Chelsea, etc.

Well, DC is a known Liverpool fan, so it makes sense.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Basically he said she was full of sh*t and she said something back.

Oh, so @forgotmyusername is an ignorant child then? Gotchya.
    Germanlady wrote:

Off topic, but up the Mighty Hammers!