Bond 26 Title

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    QBranch wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Anything with 'shadow' sounds good. I remember playing around with M's line in TWINE where she talks about a shadow being in front or behind, but never on top. My take on that was 'A SHADOW ABOVE', which rolls off the tongue rather nicely.

Well, why not finish it off wherer you started: A SHADOW ON(A)TOP(P)

;-)
    "You don't need the pun, Commander." ;)

"that depends on your definition of safe titles"
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The Bond Identity
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    The Bond Identity

LOL
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,896
    The Bond Identity

That's the title the press would use to put the boot in if EON ever did amnesiac Bond from YOLT and brainwashed Bond from TMWTGG - even though Fleming did it years before Ludlam!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    News Never Gets Old.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2022 Posts: 17,729
    Venutius wrote: »
    The Bond Identity

That's the title the press would use to put the boot in if EON ever did amnesiac Bond from YOLT and brainwashed Bond from TMWTGG - even though Fleming did it years before Ludlam!

Yes, though in truth, as you say, we'd only be taking back that which was originally ours. Of course, as we know, the Press and real in-depth knowledge about pretty much anything are strange bedfellows.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Kananga wrote: »
    I think they should start using some of the Gardner titles...

For Bond 26 I'd go for one of these...

Licence Renewed
    For Special Services

All depends if the titles fit the mood of the script.

I do like some of Gardner's titles (They're better than the books)

I really like the title For Special Services
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Survive Another Day
    No Time To Survive
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    James Bond: No Way Home
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The Bond Identity

Yes, though in truth, as you say, we'd only be taking back that which was originally ours. Of course, as we know, the Press and real in-depth knowledge about pretty much anything are strange bedfellows.

I think Fleming nicked the idea from The Manchurian Candidate.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    echo wrote: »
    The Bond Identity

Yes, the TMWTGG part certainly and the brainwashing someone in a foreign land to kill an important figure aspect of Richard Condon's 1959 novel.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Die Unto Others
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Bond bombs back
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    echo wrote: »
    The Bond Identity

Yes, the TMWTGG part certainly and the brainwashing someone in a foreign land to kill an important figure aspect of Richard Condon's 1959 novel.

Agree on the novel connections.

Extending to film and NTTD, I relate Bond's outburst at Madeline ("How did Spectre know I was here?!?") to Frank Sinatra's Marco in The Manchurian Candidate and his out of control shouting ("What was Raymond doing with his hands?!?").

Different setups, Bond experiencing effects of shock from the blast at the grave site is different from brainwashing, but there are similarities. The repeated question. Both are searching for the truth in an impossible scenario.

695.jpg
  • GustavGravesGustavGraves Ukraine
    I would be glad for any of more complex Fleming-esque title that has more than just one word, and none of those words are "dies" or "kill" and their variations.

I believe it's time to start using other Fleming Foundation Bond authors' work as a source material.
    I would be glad for any of more complex Fleming-esque title that has more than just one word, and none of those words are "dies" or "kill" and their variations.

I believe it's time to start using other Fleming Foundation Bond authors' work as a source material.

There is still enough Fleming to be used and make another 25 films to be honest
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Kananga wrote: »
    I think they should start using some of the Gardner titles...

For Bond 26 I'd go for one of these...

Licence Renewed
    For Special Services

All depends if the titles fit the mood of the script.

I do like some of Gardner's titles (They're better than the books)

I really like the title For Special Services

Yes that's always been nice, and with a good Fleming link too (I think he was presented with a pistol which had that inscribed).
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    The Matrix of Love... though I think that may just be the new Matrix film
    Searching Bullet.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Searching Bullet.

A bullit with his name on it

• LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Last Vestiges (and introduce the Aston Martin Vestige)
    Objet d'Mort
    I've always loved Once Upon A Spy...
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Brothers From Langley: A Felix Leiter Story
    GoldenRocket.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Silvertoe.
    Red Retina.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Given the fact that B26 is gonna be a huge challenge to make after such a successful (and long) era I’d say that Risico might feel quite appropriate.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »
    Given the fact that B26 is gonna be a huge challenge to make after such a successful (and long) era I’d say that Risico might feel quite appropriate.

Or indeed one that someone else suggested for B25 which I rather liked:
    DOUBLE OR NOTHING
  • matt_u wrote: »

How about On a Wing and a Prayer? ;)
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    Fair Warning
    Eclipse
    Stolen Moments
    Bloodshot
    Misfire
    A Turn of Events
    Silent Storm
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,247
    Black Snow.