Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

I wonder what the reaction would be if they decided to make Bond a german nazi =))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Just cosmetic, superficial type changes you mean. No sweat.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jobo wrote: »
    I wonder what the reaction would be if they decided to make Bond a german nazi =))

Just as long as they keep him white.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Anyway, lol ….. I believe Barbara mentioned that an earnest search for a new Bond would not begin until 2022. With the Craig era complete it’s time to look ahead. What I wouldn’t give to be able to watch the process; it has to be fascinating.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Just as long as they keep him white.

:))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think that was an interesting pic of Aidan Turner…. He looks like an extra in the Al Pacino classic…..

CRUISING
    talos7 wrote: »
    Anyway, lol ….. I believe Barbara mentioned that an earnest search for a new Bond would not begin until 2022. With the Craig era complete it’s time to look ahead. What I wouldn’t give to be able to watch the process; it has to be fascinating.

You would think they'd have a couple of main candidates already in mind. Will be interesting to see what happens.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,032
    Zarozzor wrote: »

You would think they'd have a couple of main candidates already in mind. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Turns out EON have used the last 18 months well and have super secretly:

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script
    - Scouted filming locations
    - Casted the supporting actors

They’ve fully used their lockdown time to think about these issues and resolve them.

We’re all good to go for the minute the MGM / Amazon deal gets sealed.

🤞🏻
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Mallory wrote: »

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script

They’ve fully used their lockdown time to think about these issues and resolve them.

🤞🏻

If they're worth a dime they should have. Any sane producer would have done so.
  • QsCatQsCat London

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script

🤞🏻

just a guess??

QsCat wrote: »

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script

🤞🏻

just a guess??

Clutching at straws.
  • cwl007cwl007 England

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script

🤞🏻

I'm not saying they will have it ALL locked and ready to go but surely, surely, BB and MGW would have used the very extensive and unexpected Covid delays to move things forward. It's inconceivable in my opinion that they would have simply delayed NTTD and done nothing. Storyline and script development and director choices must have moved forward.
    Also if the Bond number 7 shortlist or auditions did not well and truly start some time ago then I'm Dr No.
    Call me naive but I believe Oct 5th 2022 will be a bit special!
    cwl007 wrote: »

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script

🤞🏻

I'm not saying they will have it ALL locked and ready to go but surely, surely, BB and MGW would have used the very extensive and unexpected Covid delays to move things forward. It's inconceivable in my opinion that they would have simply delayed NTTD and done nothing. Storyline and script development and director choices must have moved forward.
    Also if the Bond number 7 shortlist or auditions did not well and truly start some time ago then I'm Dr No.

It would seem unlikely that, having just spent a ton on MGM, Amazon would be willing to wait 3-4 years for EON to get rolling on the new stuff.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The sale hasn't been finalized
    peter wrote: »
    The sale hasn't been finalized

I am sure the minute after it is finalised, Amazon will be giving EON a call 😂
  • baerrttbaerrtt United kingdom
    cwl007 wrote: »

- Cast a new Bond
    - Signed a director
    - Finished the script

🤞🏻

It would seem unlikely that, having just spent a ton on MGM, Amazon would be willing to wait 3-4 years for EON to get rolling on the new stuff.[

Yes I've a feeling ,hopefully,that come the anniversary month the new Bond will be revealed and before that the director and title of Bond 26.
  • baerrttbaerrtt United kingdom
    https://google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/years-speculation-idris-elba-reportedly-200000113.html

Plus there's the above story which given the source is suspect yet I'm slightly intrigued by if there's any truth to it (Elba as the villain of B26).
    I do hope there are talks going on at Eon about B26 and the future of the franchise. I am still somewhat pessimistic about a new Bond actor being announced this October. Perhaps a release date announcement instead?

On the other hand, perhaps Amazon could speed things up?

2022 marks the 27th anniversary of GOLDENEYE, Barbara's first Bond film as a producer. The same time span Cubby produced his Bonds from 1962-1989.
    He did 16 films in 27 years, she's done 9. If the productivity were to continue to decrease at that rate, we'd probably only get around 4 more films between now and 2049.
    Two films a piece for the next 2 Bond actors with several years in between. I keep harking on that, but that is the rate these films have slowed down.

I really hope the ball is rolling behind the scenes at Eon, especially after the ending of NTTD.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don’t know if 27 is an anniversary most folk celebrate! :D
    Also I doubt they’ll be aiming to hit James Bond Day with the reveal: they’ll just reveal their actor when they’re ready, and I would imagine fairly soon after he’s been cast.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Like everyone here and James Bond fans all over the world, I'll be so excited when EON reveals Bond 7....I wonder how he would arrive this time. I really like Craig's speedboat arrival with the Royal Marines on the Thames. Maybe Bond 7 would arrive driving an Aston Martin wearing a business suit or parachuting out of a plane, wearing a business suit too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess after the speedboat thing backfired on them they might not try a stunt next time! Just have him walk out, backlit as a silhouette, into a gunbarrel and then bring the lights up :)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    I guess after the speedboat thing backfired on them they might not try a stunt next time! Just have him walk out, backlit as a silhouette, into a gunbarrel and then bring the lights up :)

Yeah. That would be cool too. Almost like a stage performance :)
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Craig showed his inner curmudgeon a couple of times at that very first press conference, but imagine if he'd stuck to his guns after that first refusal to put on the life jacket and the whole thing had gone down the pan! :-O
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Venutius wrote: »
    Craig showed his inner curmudgeon a couple of times at that very first press conference, but imagine if he'd stuck to his guns after that first refusal to put on the life jacket and the whole thing had gone down the pan! :-O

What you mean, if he drowned? :))

Perfect!

Perfect!

Whenever it is, I dont think we will be completely in the dark as to who it is. The trades will have unofficially confirmed it prior to the official unveiling. I would be surprised if we didnt have a really good idea beforehand.

Perfect!

Whenever it is, I dont think we will be completely in the dark as to who it is. The trades will have unofficially confirmed it prior to the official unveiling. I would be surprised if we didnt have a really good idea beforehand.

True. I recall the papers announcing Craig a couple days before his official press conference.

ToTheRight wrote: »

Perfect!

True. I recall the papers announcing Craig a couple days before his official press conference.

Wasnt that because Craigs Mother accidentally broke the news to a journo?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Perfect!

Wasnt that because Craigs Mother accidentally broke the news to a journo?

Yep!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/daniel-craig-s-mother-blows-the-new-james-bond-s-cover-319546.html
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I remember when Matt Smith was due to be announced as Doctor Who there were a flurry of bets on him taking the role in his home town, which the papers rather cottoned on to as his family and friends looking to make some cash and blowing the reveal somewhat! :D