Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I hope with the next era of Bond Eon plan out an actual "arc", have a tone in my mind and stick with it. Daniel's era has been my favourite but I do wish the tone had been more consistent. Hopefully having the rights to Spectre and Blofield from the start will help

I agree 100% . As much as I’ve enjoy the Craig era, there was a certain aimless to it

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Publicly campaigning for the Bond role, either by an actor (Hiddleston) or his fans (Adrian Paul) seems to be the kiss of death. Holland's probably blackballed himself already.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 12,837
    I don’t think Holland’s desperate, or that he’s under any illusion that he’s actually in with a shot, he’s just having a bit of fun getting off on the idea. I mean, who wouldn’t, right? If I was an actor then of course I’d say I was up for playing Bond, whether I thought it would happen or not. I have to agree he’s not right for it though. Seems like a nice guy and he’s a good actor, but he’s not Bond.
    mtm wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    @thelivingroyale ... What an astute post. You have a very level head my friend.

Yes indeed, royale and yourself are two of the more sensible posters on this place :)

Thanks guys. Always enjoy seeing what you two have to say too :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @Risico007 I am hoping that IOI go the other way, with Project 007, and cast a lesser known actor that, like the films, can be moulded into Bond without any baggage.
    Why is anyone still discussing Holland ? He could play Q, at best. Just not physically credible. That's a reason he gets to play SpiderMan. SpiderMan is the story of a kid who, by virtue of a bite from a Spider under unusual circumstances, gets to be a man of action. It deliberately contains incongruities. Move on ! Will you really pay attention to everyone who says something about wanting to play the part ? As for the Lucifer guy, please, watch the show before saying anything further. I like the show, sure, but...his voice. Have you heard it ?
    Every photo that I’ve see of the actor from Lucifer, he looks like someone portraying a caricature of a stage magician; think David Copperfield “hypnotizing “ an audience with an intense gaze. Lol.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Every photo that I’ve see of the actor from Lucifer, he looks like someone portraying a caricature of a stage magician; think David Copperfield “hypnotizing “ an audience with an intense gaze. Lol.
    Ok now this is random but all i can think of is Tom servo saying Sleep from the mst3k episode Devil Doll..

and for those who know the episode yes I know I cant have Ham or any luncheon meat.
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    At least Tom Ellis looks the part unlike a lot of other current choices
    :))
    talos7 wrote: »
    :))

SLEEEEEPP
    H40p7I0.jpg

Little cleanup needed, maybe a touch up on the hair cut, clean shave, better fitting suit...looks fit, could probably easily get more cut and be directed in action scenes just fine I'm sure. In my opinion definitely fits the literary Bond mold. I don't think the franchise needs another brown or blonde haired blue eyed Bond
  • KenAustin wrote: »

What is it with the name Tom and potential Bonds.
    Tom Hiddleston
    Tom Ellis
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Bateman
    parkert5 wrote: »
    KenAustin wrote: »

Tom Hiddleston
    Tom Ellis
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Bateman

Tom Hardy
    Tom Holland
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm going to state the obvious but I'd rather take their time and get things right, rather than rish things and risking messing up the debut of a new Bond. Let's err on the side of caution.

I agree, however, it's film, it is easier to conform to the literary work and mold the actors than it is to wait for the perfect actor to be born and aged to the correct form later...we'd end up with one film per generation instead of continuous works of art

I was not merely talking about the casting but the whole creation process. Also I think the casting is a chicken and egg thing: they cast according to the project as it stands, but adapt the story according to the strengths of the new Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm not sure I'd ever get over the idea of the guy from Miranda playing Bond.

p08mpjnq.jpg
    mtm wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd ever get over the idea of the guy from Miranda playing Bond.

p08mpjnq.jpg

Amusing...people can't seem to get over the guy from Remington Steele even though he played a detective which job description probably translates a lot close to agent than other actors' roles...maybe they should just cast out of shape ice cream truck driver and see if that choice makes everyone happy
    Risico007 wrote: »

Tom Hiddleston
    Tom Ellis
    Tom Cullen
    Tom Bateman

Tom Hardy
    Tom Holland

Indeed ! The talk of these Toms makes for a lot of...apologies in advance but here it comes...Tom Foolery.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Tom Ellis, currently 43 and only upcoming project is a sleazy film called 'Players,' does not seem like a realistic candidate at this point. I think they'll go a bit younger, but in another life I could see him in the role.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Talking about Toms:

6r392s1713b81.jpg?width=1382&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=664ea685aef84b6fb783298f5913f5a702a5c083
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,919
    This Tom gets my vote:

jamesbondcats3.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=php-3.3.0
    To portray Bond, or Pussy Galore in a return of that character ?
  • Talking about Toms:

6r392s1713b81.jpg?width=1382&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=664ea685aef84b6fb783298f5913f5a702a5c083

Every since I saw him in Cold Pursuit he's been going up my list.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Must admit I missed this one, but on this podcast Ms Broccoli repeats that the search for a new Bond hasn't begun yet. It's also an hour-long interview with Daniel Craig, so that's got to be worth a listen:
    https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3Muc2ltcGxlY2FzdC5jb20vcG9kY2FzdHMvMTM5Ni9yc3M/episode/ZjU3MDZmNjAtMDk4Ny0xMWVjLWFmNzgtZTdmMzFlZjMwNzhm?hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjntqCTjqv1AhWKk4kEHedpBwIQieUEegQIAhAF&ep=6
  • parkert5 wrote: »
    For me, it was Murder On The Orient Express. Not that I particularly liked this adaptation, but Bateman seemed to me to be a credible candidate. Side note, he would also, despite his name, be a great contender for Superman.

Tom-Bateman-murder-onthe-orient-express.jpg
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    It's Roger Federer!
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    For me, it was Murder On The Orient Express. Not that I particularly liked this adaptation, but Bateman seemed to me to be a credible candidate. Side note, he would also, despite his name, be a great contender for Superman.

Tom-Bateman-murder-onthe-orient-express.jpg

He strikes me as more of a Zod than a Superman.
  • 00Heaven wrote: »
    It's Roger Federer!

There is a resemblance there for sure.
    How about Jamie Dornan as the next 007? Got the physicality and the looks - may scrub up well
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Troy wrote: »
    How about Jamie Dornan as the next 007? Got the physicality and the looks - may scrub up well

But can he play tennis?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Yep the Idris for Bond horse has bolted.

Or shot it’s bolt. Or whatever.

He will clearly never be Bond.

But there should be a black Bond.

They could even reuse the old Goldeneye trailer - “expecting someone else?”

I don’t really understand this sentiment. I’m not against a black Bond, although my preference would be for him to remain roughly as is, but why ‘should’ there be?

That's the burning question I have every time I see an article saying "it's time" for a black Bond. Well, why? And as others have echoed, why is it "time" then for a black Bond but not, say, an Asian Bond or Spanish Bond?

As only 3% of the UK population are Black, we have a lot of Bonds to get through before we are due a Black Bond