NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    The Numbers has NTTD at $771m worldwide as of this weekend

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/No-Time-to-Die-(2021)#tab=box-office

Expect Spidey to suck out all the air from the Box Office next weekend....but it might still add $1m to its US total by the time the blu-ray is released.

It’s curious since The Numbers three days ago had NTTD at $761M while Mojo provided a bigger gross, $765M, and now they both list the estimated total of $771 so there’s definitely something off.
    Let’s see what happens with the actual numbers tomorrow.

The Numbers just didn't update last weekend.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited December 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Jan1985 wrote: »

Expect Spidey to suck out all the air from the Box Office next weekend....but it might still add $1m to its US total by the time the blu-ray is released.

It’s curious since The Numbers three days ago had NTTD at $761M while Mojo provided a bigger gross, $765M, and now they both list the estimated total of $771 so there’s definitely something off.

They did actually. Monday after the actuals NTTD had $763.1M on their site but Wednesday went down to $761M.
    Just for the record The Numbers and Mojo shows a lot of discrepancies.
    For example, CR’s original release gross on Mojo is $606M while on the Numbers is only $594.4M… while QoS has $589.6M on Mojo and $591.7M on Numbers…

They did actually. Monday after the actuals NTTD had $763.1M on their site but Wednesday went down to $761M.
    Just for the record The Numbers and Mojo shows a lot of discrepancies.
    For example, CR’s original release gross on Mojo is $606M while on the Numbers is only $594.4M… while QoS has $589.6M on Mojo and $591.7M on Numbers…

The Mojo numbers are more accurate in the end.
    The numbers, they just stop updating figures at some point.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    And ETERNALS has now surpassed NTTD.

Maybe Bond needed to be more “woke”. ;) Make Bond 26 the stuff of nightmares for the Fandom Menace.
    In France, NTTD is close to 4 000 000 seats sold (at this moment, JPBoxOffice gives the numbers at 3 961 234). Not bad at all.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 214
    And ETERNALS has now surpassed NTTD.

And NTTD surpassed A Quiet Place 2 so it remains at #6 for the year until Spidey pushes it down to....7th place for 2021. Not too bad for a Top 10 that will include 5 Marvel movies.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    How does private video release affect numbers? IE: when the film is released to be purchased on the 21st
    Bond grossed roughly $6M worldwide over the last seven days if that $771M figure will be confirmed tomorrow... so it's pretty much over. I'd say NTTD has another $8-9M in the tank so I still hope it will hit the $780M mark.

Anyway those $610M and counting grossed internationally are impressive and since Spidey won't come out in China as it seems, NTTD still has a chance to beat NWH internationally.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Are VOD sale numbers reported? I haven't seen volume in terms of number if buys or total revenue. Only that it topped charts for a couple weeks.
    770-780m is an incredibly impressive result in this climate.
    VOD won’t be reported, unfortunately…
    https://numero.co/reports/2021/12/13/dune-still-no1-in-australia

With $22.6M and counting NTTD is the highest grossing film of 2021 in Australia.
  • Forbes seemed to confirm the 771m ww figure
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Are VOD sale numbers reported? I haven't seen volume in terms of number if buys or total revenue. Only that it topped charts for a couple weeks.
    770-780m is an incredibly impressive result in this climate.

I can't agree more. Look at Spielberg's West Side Story. Packs all the ingredients of a guaranteed Christmas money-maker, yet seems to have a long way to go to even make its money back. We mustn't underestimate the uphill battle many of these films, even the big "franchise films" are fighting. NTTD has so far been able to pocket close to 800 million dollars, which I'd call nothing less than staggering in an era where lots of people still refuse to set foot inside a movie theatre.
  • manovermanover uk
    It's done very well indeed..Still an outside chance it could be biggest movie of the year, depending on spideys world wide boxoffice.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    manover wrote: »
    It's done very well indeed..Still an outside chance it could be biggest movie of the year, depending on spideys world wide boxoffice.

It still could be (of the year), can Spidey do $770m world wide in 15 days?
    Mallory wrote: »
    manover wrote: »

It still could be (of the year), can Spidey do $770m world wide in 15 days?

We'll see. If Spidey can make $200 mio+ in the US on the first weekend, it can make $400 mio+ in the US until New Year's Eve for sure. And if it does the same overseas, it's may be close of $800 million before the year is over.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Is anyone really crying out for west side story? Seems like a pet project of Spielberg’s rather than a highly anticipated must see
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think it is a pet project. Is anybody crying out for a musical anyway?
    Would that get me into a cinema? No.
    Doing a musical is one thing. What’s crazier is that his musical cost $100m. That’s twice as much as other contemporary musicals like LA LA LAND and IN THE HEIGHTS.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll check it out eventually but I'm not rushing to theaters to see it (and apparently no one else is, either, considering its awful opening weekend).
    Wow the UK boxoffice sinked last weekend. NTTD grossed just £300K over the last seven days. Omicron panic..?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited December 2021 Posts: 4,378

You love NTTD and you don't care for musicals? You are a very likeable person ;)

I quite enjoyed the greatest showman (daughter loves it)
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 719
    Matt007 wrote: »

I quite enjoyed the greatest showman (daughter loves it)
    I think that the campy, fantastical sequence set in a highly-stylized "Cuba" of the imagination is very much choreographed like a musical! And I can easily imagine ... oh, say, a muscular Gene Kelly in the Craig role and a sleek Cyd Charise as Paloma. Old timers here will get what I mean .....
    Is anyone really crying out for west side story? Seems like a pet project of Spielberg’s rather than a highly anticipated must see

Me.
    Already went twice to the theatre to see it. It's that good.

You feel, that it's a pet project of Spielberg's. But that's what it makes so good. You feel it at every second, that he had the time of his life making this.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    Wow the UK boxoffice sinked last weekend. NTTD grossed just £300K over the last seven days. Omicron panic..?

Nah...they're probably watching it on VOD instead

Nah...they're probably watching it on VOD instead

I mean… all movies dropped a lot and WSS had a catastrophic opening.

“Covid fears seem to have hit audience confidence.”

https://www.screendaily.com/news/west-side-story-pips-clifford-the-big-red-dog-to-top-uk-ireland-box-office/5165958.article

Me.
    Already went twice to the theatre to see it. It's that good.

You feel, that it's a pet project of Spielberg's. But that's what it makes so good. You feel it at every second, that he had the time of his life making this.

I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon.

It's Spielberg, I'll catch as many films as I can from him before he finally retires. He's earned it. It's too bad his name no longer means what it used to be in the 70s/80s/90s where he was as much of a big star as the actors.
    WSS is a film that faced also problems with marketing because of its male star’s sexual allegations. To me it looks like Disney doesn’t really care about this project inherited from the Fox merge.

Regarding Bond it looks like the $771.1M figure is not updated since it lacks $1M from China and other territories like Pakistan. This week it will come out in the Philippines.