The Bottom Three

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    DAF and OP are definitely here; not sure what the third would be at this moment.
    Tempting to put DAD, but honestly I think there is enough in there I like to keep it off the bottom 3.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,102
    23. TWINE
    24. SF
    25. SP

(DAD is technically worse than the three films mentioned though at least DAD is entertaining despite being bad)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    22. DIE ANOTHER DAY
    23. THUNDERBALL
    24. SKYFALL

Including NTTD is to soon, besides that i whant Skyfall a bit longer on the 24th place.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    24. Goldeneye
    25. Live And Let Die
    26. The World Is Not Enough
    Easy list!
    24 TND
    25 GE
    26 DAD
    23. Diamonds Are Forever
    24. A View to a Kill
    25. Die Another Day
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Skyfall
    Die Another Day
    Live and Let Die

If the non-EONS count, CR67 would take SF's place.
  • EON films only...

23. OCTOPUSSY
    24. MOONRAKER
    25. DIE ANOTHER DAY
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Bottom 4:

CR / QOS / SF / SP
    (*ducks for cover*)

NTTD is #5, but counted from the top.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    marc wrote: »
    Bottom 4:

CR / QOS / SF / SP
    (*ducks for cover*)

Lol, wow, a break from seeing DAF or DAD (I actually enjoy the space-laser duology).
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Counting NSNA here.

24. AVTAK
    25. TWINE
    26. DAD
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Counting NSNA here.

24. AVTAK
    25. TWINE
    26. DAD

Well, if we're counting NSNA....

24. MR
    25. SF
    26. NTTD
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    @chrisisall would not like my bottom three. >:)

Yes, I am well aware of them, you Brosnan-hater, you. Admit it, you never saw him as anything more than Remington Steele in a tux... :))
    I remember watching that on streaming for the first time and thinking how GLAD I was that he didn’t simply play his Remington Steele persona!

If I was a Bond fan in 1985 and heard about Brosnan being a favorite based on his TV show I would be utterly PERPLEXED. But then again, Roger Moore had the role for over a decade at that point, so I guess people saw Brosnan fitting that mold.

Thankfully, it seemed he always intended to break that mold. THE FOURTH PROTOCOL and TAFFIN feel like Brosnan trying to break away from that RS perception audiences has of him. I’m not sure he would have persuaded EON to go darker as Dalton did in ‘86, but we’ll never know.

For what it’s worth, I think he’s actually brilliant in DAD. So much so, I wish he was like that in his previous films.

For what it’s worth, I think he’s actually brilliant in DAD. So much so, I wish he was like that in his previous films.
    Are you trying to get a virtual fist-bump or hug out of me? Because you're close.
    chrisisall wrote: »

Are you trying to get a virtual fist-bump or hug out of me? Because you're close.

1015240498-bffs_by_hanndabear-d76y1gx.gif
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    DAD
    DAF
    SP

Yes, I am well aware of them, you Brosnan-hater, you. Admit it, you never saw him as anything more than Remington Steele in a tux... :))

You must have skipped over my list then!?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Currently, and in no particular order:

TWINE
    DAF
    TMWTGG
    I don't do many lists or rankings. The tops and bottoms are pretty clear, it's the middle that is so fluid for me.

Bottom (counting NSNA)

NSNA

AVTAK

TWINE (still dead last)
    If only counting Eon films, it would take some pondering.
    I remember watching that on streaming for the first time and thinking how GLAD I was that he didn’t simply play his Remington Steele persona!

If I was a Bond fan in 1985 and heard about Brosnan being a favorite based on his TV show I would be utterly PERPLEXED. But then again, Roger Moore had the role for over a decade at that point, so I guess people saw Brosnan fitting that mold.

Thankfully, it seemed he always intended to break that mold. THE FOURTH PROTOCOL and TAFFIN feel like Brosnan trying to break away from that RS perception audiences has of him. I’m not sure he would have persuaded EON to go darker as Dalton did in ‘86, but we’ll never know.

Brosnan as Bond nominations started practically from the time RS hit the air in '82. US Magazine did a poll in fall of '83 when NSNA came out and Moore was rumored to retire and he overwhelmingly won it. I do think the Moore influence was what made him such a strong candidate.

I also like his DAD performance. It gets lost in all the other madness of that film. Then again, anything would've looked better than how he came out in TWINE
  • These haven't changed for me in a very long time::

25. DAD
    24. AVTAK
    23. DAF
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 214
    23. AVTAK (but great theme)
    24. DAF
    25. DADay

NSNA is not considered in the 25 to date, but is still trash.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    23. A View to a Kill

50 layers of hot garbage

24. For Your Eyes Only
    25. Licence to Kill
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited December 2021 Posts: 2,161
    23. MOONRAKER
    24. TWINE
    25. SPECTRE
    23. AVTAK (but I still like Jenny Flex and “intuitive improvisation”)
    24. TND
    25. TWINE

None is truly terrible though.

If we include non-Eon then that’s easy, because we just add them right at the bottom

26. NSNA
    27. CR 67
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    marc wrote: »
    Bottom 4:

CR / QOS / SF / SP
    (*ducks for cover*)

Lol, wow, a break from seeing DAF or DAD (I actually enjoy the space-laser duology).

Lasers (are) forever!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    23. A View to a Kill

50 layers of hot garbage

24. For Your Eyes Only
    25. Licence to Kill

But you still enjoy them, right?
    This is actually incredibly easy for me, I don't think there's much of a gap at all between these three films - they're all turds - and there's even a significant step up from these three and my #22 entry.

23. The Man with the Golden Gun
    24. Die Another Day
    25. Diamonds Are Forever
  • NickNackeredNickNackered Underneath the mango tree
    edited December 2021 Posts: 6
    I really struggle with the Lewis Gilbert movies, I've been unable to complete a viewing of YOLT for a long time now.

Currently:

23. DAD
    24. TSWLM
    25. YOLT