The Bottom Three

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 553
    Sorry, double post. Wrong thread
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Hey we're all different, but even after Skyfall OHMSS for me still has the most beautiful locations and cinematography of the entire series. It's very beauty is one of the reasons I rank it so highly. The score is also my favourite of the series.

I agree, SF and OHMSS are just magnificent in their cinematography, I'd throw CR on that list too, I never saw the Bahamas look better than in this film, at least above water.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I think one of the best films for cinematography is TSWLM. There are some shots that just look brilliant.
  • I can't disagree with that...beautiful film to look at.
  • Agreed, and MR is a gem as well in that respect at least. See, I can say something nice about it after all ;)
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,329
    Hey we're all different, but even after Skyfall OHMSS for me still has the most beautiful locations and cinematography of the entire series. It's very beauty is one of the reasons I rank it so highly. The score is also my favourite of the series.

I rank ohmss so highly for these reasons ,I love the story , cinematography and soundtrack , truly stunning! Up there with the very best of the series. This after hating it as a lad and rediscovering it it in my twenties.
    The soundtrack in particular has provided me great escapism from the terrible smelly commute to college especially with all this snow we've had!.
    I also think we have our best incarnation of blofeld.

Anyway to explain my bottom 3
    DAF- I have a soft spot for it because it was one of the few bonds I had on VHS as a young lad, you know the VHS cases that when stored next to each other showed all the bonds in a type of firey action pose? ( I thought my bond 'collection' of YOLT,DAF,LALD,TMWTGG and TWINE looked cool without the other 14 films ) .
    Why Santa chose to give me that selection of 007 flicks I will never know .
    I still can't get over how boring I find the story , characters and locations thou , I think we have a half decent Barry score but that dosent make up what to me feels anything but a bond movie most of the time . If you were trying to get someone who had never seen a bond film before into the films you wouldn't even contemplate showing them DAF , just dull and boring for me . A damp squib with annoying campy characters , amsterdam and vegas as dull locations and a bond who can't be arsed.

OP- the bond I have seen the least probably and maybe that's because I can never get into it, maybe I've never given it chance ( it'll get another soon as up next is moonraker on my current bond50 marathon) .
    One of the main reasons Its in my bottom 3 is I've never had time for it , the annoying maud Adams being a big factor, I never really liked her in TMWTGG and yes the clown suit puts me off massively! This has nothing to do with the 'silliness' some members seem to suggest plagues Rogers films, I actually think he has perfect delivery, is a terribly underrated actor/bond and had some of the best stunts/lines,storylines and bond girls in the series. This isn't an attack on rog! I love roger Moore!
    But I can't get over the Tarzan scene and I think rog is at his worst dressed throughout this movie!
    Also all time high is an appalling song.
    The main factor thou is simply I find my self loving bits of alot more in all the other bonds

DAD-
    Jinx,Graves,Zao,Mr Kill,MADONNA!

All appalling characters dreadfully acted
    Most cringeworthy bond? I'd say so
  • Moonraker at #22 ! :(

I'd appreciate it, if you could, after a viewing, place it a more favorable position. I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as that, and in my top five of all things

I just don't like to see that Moore release get bad reviews that's all

I rewatched Moonraker yesterday. I think I will bump it up to #21, having being slightly better than YOLT.
    I enjoyed the beginning quite a bit (more than I remember) up until the Venice canal chase. Everything went downhill from there, and aside from Manuela (who was adorable), there was nothing that really redeemed it. Drax was forgettable, as was Goodhead. Plus there were lasers... and the Romeo & Juliet overture to Jaws meeting his future girlfriend was just embarrasing.
    There were some funny bits though, and I'll definitely watch it again. Maybe it will grow on me.

At least it's better than DAD and Sean Connery "turning Japanese".

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Sticking OP on now to see if it can change my opinion that I've held since I was a youth
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote:
    Sticking OP on now to see if it can change my opinion that I've held since I was a youth

Enjoy it son. I can see why some people don't like the India scenes but keep pushing on till it gets to Germany and you get one of the best half hours of the series.

And remember even when it comes to the Tarzan scene you could always be watching Downing trying to beat his man and deliver a cross so life could be worse.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DCisared wrote:
    I shall be fascinated to hear the results!
  • jackdagger wrote:
    Moonraker at #22 ! :(

I'd appreciate it, if you could, after a viewing, place it a more favorable position. I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as that, and in my top five of all things

I just don't like to see that Moore release get bad reviews that's all

I rewatched Moonraker yesterday. I think I will bump it up to #21, having being slightly better than YOLT.
    I enjoyed the beginning quite a bit (more than I remember) up until the Venice canal chase. Everything went downhill from there, and aside from Manuela (who was adorable), there was nothing that really redeemed it. Drax was forgettable, as was Goodhead. Plus there were lasers... and the Romeo & Juliet overture to Jaws meeting his future girlfriend was just embarrasing.
    There were some funny bits though, and I'll definitely watch it again. Maybe it will grow on me.

At least it's better than DAD and Sean Connery "turning Japanese".

Any James Bond release that can keep your attention for the whole duration, is a good watch - and Moonraker does just that. But that's how I see it. It's not a movie for everyone, granted

There's simply so much to get involved in, and it's not a restrictive Bond with regards to locations, such as License to Kill or You Only Live Twice, as Bond gets to a number of fine locations, and the background scores could well be the best of the franchise

Hugo Drax is a great villain though. Anyone who can come up with classic lines such as "You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season" - really deserves a mention
    The bottom three for me....

21. Moonraker (1979) - 5.5/10
    22. Die Another Day (2002) - 5/10
    23. The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) - 5/10
  • Just the Eon's:
    TND, DAD & DAF
    But Brosnan's good though
  • Good Morning Everyone, New Guy Here. My worst 3 Bond Movies have to be -
    TMWTGG - absolutely cringe-worthy. Lazy film-making.
    DAF - an absolute joke of a movie. a dreadful non follow on from OHMSS.
    QOS- a complete mess of a film. non sensical story and arty shots of lizards!!
    Thankyou
    Was told to post here for mine:
    23. A View to a Kill
    22. Moonraker
    21. Tomorrow Never Dies
    21. TLD
    22. LTK
    23. QoB
  • SaintMark wrote:
    21. TLD
    22. LTK
    23. QoB

I'm guessing you don't like Mr. Dalton. :-(
    SaintMark wrote:
    21. TLD
    22. LTK
    23. QoB
    AngryMonkey.jpg
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    23- Die Another Day
    22- Moonraker
    21- Tomorrow Never Dies

Though all do have saving graces. In fact, I don't have anything in particular that annoys me about TND, its just I find it really generic. Too many explosions, bloated finale.

Moonraker, some cracking scenes (e.g centrafuge scene), but the latter half was just...well, cheese.

And same old same old for DAD, I'm afraid.
    Coldfinger wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    21. TLD
    22. LTK
    23. QoB

You are right, I do have the movies even in the UE dvd form but when ever I try to watch them I find that within minutes I find an excuse to do something else, even if that is cleaning or ironing.

SaintMark wrote:
    Coldfinger wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    21. TLD
    22. LTK
    23. QoB
    You are right, I do have the movies even in the UE dvd form but when ever I try to watch them I find that within minutes I find an excuse to do something else, even if that is cleaning or ironing.

You need some help IMO. Q's ghettoblaster comes to mind... :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    21.AVTAK
    22.DAF
    23.TMWTGG
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just EON:
    21 TND
    22 TWINE
    23 DAD
    chrisisall wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Coldfinger wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    21. TLD
    22. LTK
    23. QoB

You need some help IMO. Q's ghettoblaster comes to mind... :))

Not liking Daltons 007 has not altered my universe in any way, some actors just do not work for me.

SaintMark wrote:
    some actors just do not work for me.

It's all about personal likes & dislikes. Just kidding about the gettoblaster thing. It's all good.
    Interesting thread - how one fan's favourite is another's worst!

My bottom three are:

3. AVTAK
    2. DAF
    1. MR

JB in space just doesn't cut it for me!
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    21. QOS
    22. DAD
    23. TB

With unofficial

24. DAD
    25. TB
    26. NSNA
  • 21. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
    22. ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
    23. THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
    DAF
    MWTGG
    DAD
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    21. Die Another Day
    22. The Man With The Golden Gun
    23. Diamonds Are Forever