007 Legends Announced

Comments

Some nice new screen shots there!
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2012 Posts: 10,512
    Piz Gloria in a game. As long as it feels like OHMSS then I'm very happy with this.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Also, an eighth screenshot for Moonraker has been released on 007 Legends site.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Moonraker...OHMSS!!!! the deal is sealed for me!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2012 Posts: 16,333
    Murdock wrote:

Also...looking at the screenshots, it has a very big Ken Adam design vibe. :D

sorry for the double post, I hit quote instead of edit.
    :-w
    Activision need to make another gaming engine. Graphics aren't everything honestly, I don't mean to be pretentious, but they do factor. Activision's best looking game I've played is Blood Stone, but their CoD games looks horrid.

Yes, I completely agree! I'm really tired of the GoldenEye Reloaded engine already, which is what Legends seems to be running on. I mean I want the graphics to be great, yes, but why can't it be like BloodStone and have superb graphics along with one of the best game engines and handling systems I've ever played?! I don't like the way the weapons are handled in the GER engine, the repetitive AI deaths, unlike BloodStone which utilized creative deaths for the thugs, and the fact that the bodies disappear immediately after you kill them. That's a bigee with me.
    Considering how cheap Activision are would one of the films be 'Goldeneye'?
    Virage wrote:
    Considering how cheap Activision are would one of the films be 'Goldeneye'?

As much as I love all things GoldenEye, I'm with you on that. I really don't want to waste a space for an overlooked Bond movie to include one which has already had at least three variations, possibly four if you include Rogue Agent, though it doesn't really connect much. I don't want the best Bond movie in the franchise to become an irritated and typical cash-in.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I refuse to believe that they will do GE. It just seems like fact at this point. The N64 version, the Wii remake, and then the remake for 360/PS3 last year, it would be foolish of them to do GE yet again. I've grown tired of it, as the remake was pretty bad when I played it.

We haven't had TWINE/TND since PS1, so I wouldn't mind seeing that, but a real treat would be to have DAD, since we have yet to have that one on consoles.

But, the title does contain the world 'legends,' and that most certainly isn't one of the most legendary films of the bunch.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I refuse to believe that they will do GE. It just seems like fact at this point. The N64 version, the Wii remake, and then the remake for 360/PS3 last year, it would be foolish of them to do GE yet again. I've grown tired of it, as the remake was pretty bad when I played it.

We haven't had TWINE/TND since PS1, so I wouldn't mind seeing that, but a real treat would be to have DAD, since we have yet to have that one on consoles.

But, the title does contain the world 'legends,' and that most certainly isn't one of the most legendary films of the bunch.

Unfortunately you are so right about that. I would love to see TND or TWINE re-made for Legends, and even better would be to get a freshly made DAD, complete with all the terrific action sequences that were practically made for a video game!
    @00Beast, imagine an off-the-rails hovercraft or ice chase. It would be great.

With the latter, you could either use everything at your disposal to slow down Zao, or pump the brakes, go on the offensive, and use your rockets, shotguns, etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It would be the biggest arse hole move of the year if Activision included GE again. Then we would know for certain that they were deliberately trying to make us mad.
    It would be the biggest arse hole move of the year if Activision included GE again. Then we would know for certain that they were deliberately trying to make us mad.

I would refuse to spend a single dime on the game if they did that. I've played enough of GE already, I don't need it again. It's funny how the N64 version is leagues better than the new version in almost every department.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @00Beast, imagine an off-the-rails hovercraft or ice chase. It would be great.

With the latter, you could either use everything at your disposal to slow down Zao, or pump the brakes, go on the offensive, and use your rockets, shotguns, etc.

Oh man....SET THAT UP!! Haha, it seems to me like we need to make Legends instead of Activision!
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,492
    @00Beast, they just need to contact the most hardcore of James Bond fans for ideas, tips, and requests. Wouldn't that be amazing?

And look at both sequences: a dirty trail with old bunkers and large trees, and an entire sheet of ice; how tough would that be to make?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can't wait till we actually get a trailer for this mission. I wonder what order they'll be in. Will it be chronological, or will it be necessitated by the story?
    I'm not sure what the layout of the film is, but it should just be two or three missions per film in chronological order, ending with SF...which sucks for those who can't connect online. It's another reason why post-release instant DLC is a terrible idea.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm not sure what the layout of the film is, but it should just be two or three missions per film in chronological order, ending with SF...which sucks for those who can't connect online. It's another reason why post-release instant DLC is a terrible idea.

The game is released weeks before Skyfall. For this reason, they have to make the DLC available after Skyfall is released. I'm sure if you aren't on the PSNs or XBLs, if you buy the game later (and make sure it's a fresh copy), the DLC will be there. If not, well, it's 2012.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I said already, and i'll repeat here.

I Don't understand why does activision only uses Dan as Bond (nothing wrong with that) if on Brosnan's era, they even used Sean Connery for FRWL, and not Brosnan. They should at least invite the actors to make the voices and likenesses.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I Don't understand why does activision only uses Dan as Bond (nothing wrong with that) if on Brosnan's era, they even used Sean Connery for FRWL, and not Brosnan. They should at least invite the actors to make the voices and likenesses.

No, FRWL was made in 2005, when Brosnan was out and no Bond was yet to be announced. When a Bond actor is signed they have to be the Bond in the game, but when EON is between actors they are free to have any actor in the role.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,492
    Oh, I wasn't aware that it was going to be released before SF. To make it easier for everyone, why not just add it on the disc and wait until SF's release? The Tuesday after, perhaps?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

No, FRWL was made in 2005, when Brosnan was out and no Bond was yet to be announced. When a Bond actor is signed they have to be the Bond in the game, but when EON is between actors they are free to have any actor in the role.

Oh. But I thought Brosnan got out at 2005's end.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've read that as well, but I also read that he was let go in 2002, but brought back for EON. I don't know, I don't really care. I personally consider him Bond from 1994-2005, but I don't really know.
    I heard he was out in 2004.
    It was 2004, check MI6's archives. He did mention in October 2005 of wanting to do another though, so he never really gave up on the idea of coming back.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_brosnan_back2.php3?t=bond21&s=bond21&id=0944
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It was 2004, check MI6's archives. He did mention in October 2005 of wanting to do another though, so he never really gave up on the idea of coming back.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_brosnan_back2.php3?t=bond21&s=bond21&id=0944

Probably denial and disbelief that it was all reality. Poor Pierce.
    DId he even wanted to come back? Oh Gosh.
  • Murdock wrote:
    Yep. I'm sold!

I won't post another link for fear of going off topic but this was the original from 2004:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_brosnan_quit.php3?t=&s=articles&id=0586
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    DId he even wanted to come back? Oh Gosh.

I think he loved it so much he truly never felt it would end.