No Time To Die - Deleted Scenes *SPOILER warning*

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2021 Posts: 4,343
    That was 100% cut.

This one was kept tho and it's even better imo:

xgkckxigo5r51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=007462ebd650197e50aab944de08467c961ee52a

Anyway I suggest to go see it again. Every time gets better for me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks like they cut at least half of the car chase in Matera. This is what I expected the most from this film, and in the end it's ok but very short and not really spectacular.

I love the Matera and Norway chases but considering how much they praise these moments in the BTS videos, I was hoping they'd be longer. Still great, though.
  • Yeah the brevity and lack of punctuating moments in the action sequences was a bit disappointing.
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    I saw the film again. Can someone explain to me what happens after meeting the sheep? It really looks like they hooked up two shots at random, it's not working. Such a shame considering the amount of stuff shot for this scene.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I saw the film again. Can someone explain to me what happens after meeting the sheep? It really looks like they hooked up two shots at random, it's not working. Such a shame considering the amount of stuff shot for this scene.
    Bond does a U-turn while his rear-mounted machine guns fire at the enemy vehicle. Not the most cohesive editing there, I'll grant you.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 48
    He does a U-turn but it doesn't look like it's happening in the same place. And we're not aware that he has machine guns in the rear. Very bad editing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I believe the car that explodes while he's U-turning touched some unexploded little bombs that destroyed the previous car left on the ground...
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,165
    matt_u wrote: »
    I believe the car that explodes while he's U-turning touched some unexploded little bombs that destroyed the previous car left on the ground...

This was actually my interpretation both times I saw it, I only mention the rear-machine guns due to a BTS photo someone shared. Either way, it worked for me and didn't stand out as too jarring.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Minion wrote: »
    Bond does a U-turn while his rear-mounted machine guns fire at the enemy vehicle. Not the most cohesive editing there, I'll grant you.

What about the sheep?! :D
    matt_u wrote: »

That's it. But some plans are missing to make it clear to us. For me Fukunaga isn't a great action director. Actually, he's just ok.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    he drops mines on the ground which blow up a car, he then does a u turn and another car hits those same mines
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,165
    I shouldn't have confused things by mentioning rear-guns; you're both right, it's more tiny bombs going off.
    he drops mines on the ground which blow up a car, he then does a u turn and another car hits those same mines

True.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Doesn't he drive in the direction he dropped the mines?

He's driving along, a car comes at him head-on, he flicks the car around the hairpin bend and drops the mines from the back of the car, which throws them forward into the front of the oncoming car. If he has to spin around to avoid the sheep and come back the way he came would that not mean he hits any of his own mines still unexploded first? I'll have to watch it again :)
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 440
    I do get the impressions that this movie had to be sliced to the bone, which you can't normally say about a movie that's almost three hours long.

There is absolutely a longer cut of the movie out there and it would be nice if EON either released it, or at the very least put the deleted scenes on the Bluray.

Ideally of course, the physical release of the films on 4K for the 60th anniversary (which is 100% why they've been kept back until now) means we might get some kind of boxset that features the unreleased deleted scene from the films.

And hopefully, the unused features for the never released QOS special edition as well.

I'd also be fascinated to see how many of these are bits that had to be cut out either during filming or post because the rewrites meant they no longer worked with the final version.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think a longer version would probably likely just feel a bit slacker: they've presumably trimmed these bits out to tighten it up and keep it pacy.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited October 2021 Posts: 467
    Isn’t there a deal that grants Fox/Disney some timed exclusive over the existing UHD Craig titles, while the rest of the MGM catalog is now distributed by Warner?
  • mtm wrote: »
    I think a longer version would probably likely just feel a bit slacker: they've presumably trimmed these bits out to tighten it up and keep it pacy.

Normally I'd say yes, but given how long the film is already I don't doubt there was a mandate to keep it under 2.75 hours.

There are definitely some parts that feel a bit overtightened in places, to me, anyway.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    mtm wrote: »

Normally I'd say yes, but given how long the film is already I don't doubt there was a mandate to keep it under 2.75 hours.

There are definitely some parts that feel a bit overtightened in places, to me, anyway.

I expect the mandate was to get it under 165 mins, which I believe is the maximum amount of film an IMAX 70mm projector can hold.

Seeing as they never did a imax 15/70mm release in the end, it was a bit pointless.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Wasn't the Aston Martin Valhalla spotted on location at some point? Was that in Scotland?

So how would that have fitted in? Nomi's car and replaced by the DBS?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,518
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    We saw pictures of Daniel smoking a cigar in Jamaica, were they cut scenes from the film or was that Daniel in between takes?

It would have been a nice scene to segue from the dingy to London, if we went back to Bond's villa, he begins to smoke the cigar for Felix and that's what drives him to go to back to MI6

Oh my goodness, maybe, but how they handled that transition in NTTD is one of my favourite parts of the film!

Closeup of a furious Bond looking at Leiter's cigar, in the dingy.

Wideshot to a huge British vessel blowing it's horn and approaching Bond.

Black.

In this way NTTD is a nice callback to LTK; Leiter is attacked and it galvanizes Bond.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wasn't the Aston Martin Valhalla spotted on location at some point? Was that in Scotland?

Apparently so, it was touched on in this article shared here a couple of pages back:

https://www.commander007.net/2021/mourir-peut-attendre-les-scenes-coupees-autres-differences-avec-les-bandes-annonces/

That article also suggests that Bond's watch gadget was not shown unlocking the door. Is this true?

https://i1.wp.com/www.commander007.net/wp-content/uploads/1900/10/No-Time-To-Die-deleted-omega-spot-1.png
    QBranch wrote: »
    That article also suggests that Bond's watch gadget was not shown unlocking the door. Is this true?

https://i1.wp.com/www.commander007.net/wp-content/uploads/1900/10/No-Time-To-Die-deleted-omega-spot-1.png

The scene where Bond unlock the door is in the movie, but not this particulary close-up shoot (in the movie it's only a larger shoot). The two last sections of the article are dedicated to 1) scene in the movie, but differents shoots 2) scene in the movie, but altered with by computer visual effects.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    @Pierce2Daniel I've seen it 3 times, enjoyed it more each time, caught more things, and felt more overall satisfied with it after my third. I am taking this weekend off to actually get other stuff done in my life (go figure), then hope to see it a 4th time next weekend. It is such a GREAT Bond film to see on the big screen. Not tired of seeing; not at all.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

The scene where Bond unlock the door is in the movie, but not this particulary close-up shoot (in the movie it's only a larger shoot). The two last sections of the article are dedicated to 1) scene in the movie, but differents shoots 2) scene in the movie, but altered with by computer visual effects.
    Thanks buddy.

Disappointing to learn all those other stunning shots didn't make the cut. And that iconic spear gun shot as he walks past his window...to think I spent money on that thing. Feels like a bit of a cop-out for the companies and collectors alike.

Thanks buddy.

Disappointing to learn all those other stunning shots didn't make the cut. And that iconic spear gun shot as he walks past his window...to think I spent money on that thing. Feels like a bit of a cop-out for the companies and collectors alike.

Well maybe one day theses adverting things that are not in the final product will be considered like "false advertising".
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Apparently so, it was touched on in this article shared here a couple of pages back:

https://www.commander007.net/2021/mourir-peut-attendre-les-scenes-coupees-autres-differences-avec-les-bandes-annonces/

Very curious, I wonder why. If it was Nomi's it seems a better fit for her, as being part of a new breed of Double Os.
  • the bit in the trailer where bond says "If we don't do this, there will be nothing left to save" appears at the end in safins lair, instead of the Cuba scenes or so I believe.
  • I personally think fukunaga would probably call the theatrical cut his directors cut. But who knows maybe we will get an extended cut on the blu ray with all these bits added. which would be amazing. Extended cuts do seem to be bit of a thing with physical media. fingers crossed.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    maybe one day theses adverting things that are not in the final product will be considered like "false advertising".
    When I watch SF, I still miss the wry tilt of the head that Bond gave immediately before 'We're going to kill them first' in the trailer. That was way funnier than the ejector seat gag and cutting it trimmed, what, literally a second from the running time? Bad call, Sam.