Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll forever want a sequel to Michael Mann's Miami Vice, which will never happen.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll forever want a sequel to Michael Mann's Miami Vice, which will never happen.

They left it so open ended im surprised they didn't.

I'm sure he would've enjoyed returning for a sequel, but a worldwide gross of $164 million on a $135 million budget ensured that wouldn't happen, sadly.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I'm sure he would've enjoyed returning for a sequel, but a worldwide gross of $164 million on a $135 million budget ensured that wouldn't happen, sadly.

I remember seeing it in theaters right before I left for Basic Training and thought it was just ok. I reevaluated it a few years later and loved it.
    Dredd indeed screams for a sequel
    The Shadow always needed a few sequels based upon the wealth of stories
    The Saint should return but in the thirties of last century.
    BubbaHotep is hilarious and could have had a sequel as well.
    November man With Brosnan deserved one
    Liam Neeson in another Matthew Scudder adventure as in Walking among Tombstones

I remember seeing it in theaters right before I left for Basic Training and thought it was just ok. I reevaluated it a few years later and loved it.

I was happy to see it in theaters, as Mann's gunfights are always incredibly loud and realistic.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The video of my birth.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The Man From U.N.C.L.E. please :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,441
    Bond 26..
    The A-team 2
    November Man 2
    Epic 2
    Madagascar 4 (Playing in Asia. Inspecialy India and China.)
    Fun With Dick and Jane 2
    The Thomas Crown Afair 2
    Spider-Man 4. (As sequel and return of Dr Octavius as Sam Raimi promosed.)
    Entrapment 2
    The Tuxedo 2
    The Italian Job 2
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith 2
    Elektra 2
    Daredevil 2

New sugestions:
    Return Of The Man From Uncle
    Tomb Raider 3 (second movie expect in 2022)
    Mission Impossible 9..
    Johnny English 4, for release in 2024 (Spoof 24, SF/Spectre)

Also i think there should consider to make Fantastic Beasts a 6th movie series.
    @M_Balje, I'd be more than happy with a lot of those, especially sequels to The A-Team, The November Man and The Thomas Crown Affair.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Good call. I missed this one in theaters and didn’t get around to it for the longest time because of the tepid reviews. Once I saw it, I loved it. It’s got everything you’d want from a great Mann film. But then, I never saw the original series, so maybe that’s why audiences were so cool on it.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The Man From U.N.C.L.E. please :)

Another film based on a TV show that received a lukewarm response. Loved this one. The best thing Ritchie’s done since Snatch as far as I’m concerned.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes to Heavy Metal, Dredd, Tuxedo 2. Very enjoyable films.

You shouldn't make a Miami Vice film and not set it in the 80s! The fashion, music etc., was all part of the TV show's appeal.
    Someone mentioned 'Mad Max, Fury Road'
    I enjoyed it, but just couldn't warm to Tom Hardy as Max, dammit, Mel will always be Rockatansky to me!!
    Have all four movies on bluray, but Fury Road is my least watched. So i would have to say No to another sequel! Would like to see George Miller do another type of movie though, great Director!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned 'Mad Max, Fury Road'
    I enjoyed it, but just couldn't warm to Tom Hardy as Max, dammit, Mel will always be Rockatansky to me!!
    Have all four movies on bluray, but Fury Road is my least watched. So i would have to say No to another sequel! Would like to see George Miller do another type of movie though, great Director!

He's already lined up a Furiosa sequel that'll be filming sooner rather than later, and I'd imagine he's still got a Fury Road sequel to do eventually.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Upgrade
    Lifeforce
    Conan The Barbarian (1982)
    Spectre
    :-w
    Spectre :-w

Off of that, give me a 2010 QoS sequel with the same exact crew returning.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I can't argue with that statement, hopefully NTTD will at least have the tone and energy of Craig's first two great films, and I have a good feeling NTTD just might.

I can't argue with that statement, hopefully NTTD will at least have the tone and energy of Craig's first two great films, and I have a good feeling NTTD just might.

I certainly hope so. Regardless of my thoughts on the last two films, he's had a great, long run and I really hope he goes out with a proper bang. I'm just ready to see the damn thing already.

I certainly hope so. Regardless of my thoughts on the last two films, he's had a great, long run and I really hope he goes out with a proper bang. I'm just ready to see the damn thing already.

The last trailer that was released sold me, there were some great subtle things going on which impressed me.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    A new Jaws sequel or prequel.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    A new Jaws sequel or prequel.

A prequel focusing on Quint and his escapades would be interesting.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 13,012
    The Rock 2 would work like gangbusters. With Connery I mean.

506ec26892959c00b1cd8a4e021784f9.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Funny, when I opened this thread I didn't realise the first comments were from 2011. In the mean time at least one Johnny English film has been made, so some of those requests were not that bad. And another tomb raider film was made, albeit not with jolie.

Anyway, for me another Thomas Crown (yes, others already asked in 2011). Top gun, but that one is finally on its way. Tailor of Panama was a good suggestion too. And a new Uncle one would be cool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dune. Sad if the planned second part doesn t get made.
  • The Man from UNCLE was just a bit dull for me. Story and characters were too bland for it to grab me as a spy thriller, and there wasn’t enough action for it to thrill me as a blockbuster. I thought it lacked its own identity a bit, and the leads were bland. Great soundtrack though.

If we’re talking spy films, then I’d be up for an Atomic Blonde sequel. Like UNCLE it wasn’t the most original film in the world, but it was stylish and fun enough for me to be interested in more. And if we’re talking Guy Ritchie, I still want to see that RocknRolla follow up, and another Downey Jr Sherlock film.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 301
    I want a sequel of "Nobody" made by Ilya Naishuller. It was really a nice action movie with good role of Bob Odenkirk as title hero.
    I felt vibes of John Wick movies (both have the same screenwriter) :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote: »
    The Shadow always needed a few sequels based upon the wealth of stories

Yes! The Phantom too, maybe even a shared universe.

Stratton - It died on its arse at the box office, but I was so hoping that it would earn enough money to gain at least one sequel, preferably, Undersea Prison.
    Masters of Universe (they could always do animated follow up)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DUNE.
    Flash Gordon. And, yes, with the Original Cast !!!