NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The series has achieved its best domestic preview numbers ever with NTTD, netting $6.3 million on Thursday:

https://deadline.com/2021/10/no-time-to-die-weekend-box-office-1234852700/
  • RainyRainy Skyfall
    Those previews seem to include Wednesday which don't paint as good of a picture. Seems to be going in line with industry expectations. Those puff pieces about the $100 mil opening weekend really messed with people's expectations I'm afraid.

Good news though, with over 500+ verified reviews, the movie has a 90% audience score on RT.
    Rainy wrote: »
    Those previews seem to include Wednesday which don't paint as good of a picture. Seems to be going in line with industry expectations. Those puff pieces about the $100 mil opening weekend really messed with people's expectations I'm afraid.

Good news though, with over 500+ verified reviews, the movie has a 90% audience score on RT.

I think many like myself were relieved to see the whole woke Bond thing didn’t really come to fruition. And the film is just very well done in most aspects.
  • The woke brigade can go back to sleep! 😄
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 2,015
    Critical reaction from 1820 viewers in France after two days :

3.8/5

(but it's more than 7.6/10 IMDB rating because 0 star rating exists on this French site ! I'd say it's rather close to 8/10 IMDB rating)

Unusual amount of 0 stars review though

C4OOAa2.jpeg
  • RainyRainy Skyfall
    That doesn't seem great.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    pal mal
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 2,015
    For reference on this French site :

CR : 4/5
    QOS : 3,1/5
    SF : 4,1/5
    SP : 3,6/5
    NTTD : 3,8/5 (early rating)

The 4 first movies have been ranked by about 30.000 to 50.000 French viewers each, NTTD has only 2.000 so far.

Don't forget this site has a 0/5 rating, so it's better than you think if you're used to IMDB ratings which starts with 1, multiply by 2 won't give you the IMDB equivalent note, the IMDB equivalent note is a bit above twice these figures.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 1,314
    Got to say the numbers based on me trying to get tickets tonight are pretty astounding in 3 London cinemas. Odeon Leicester Square is sold out, my local is around 80% capacity. Amazing for second weekend

Even more impressive in that it’s playing every half hour. The vue sales are very good. Predict a very good second weekend. Maybe people are feeling more confident due to good word of mouth and steady covid numbers
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I was underwhelmed by the turnout at the 4 pm showing I attended yesterday. I don't think there were even 10 other people there (though it was a theater in the middle of nowhere in Maryland, so perhaps that helped. I saw the midnight release of The Dark Knight at the same theater and I've still never come close to seeing an opening night that packed and busy.

Northern VA the Wed 7pm IMAX early release had a full theatre. Thu 4pm show with the wife was half full. Went to a third venue 1230 matinee today just a smattering of folks. I expect theaters to fill up tonight.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    A lot of folks aren’t aware of Thursday showings. Years ago Thursday showings used to start at 10pm. Before that it was Friday midnight. My friends were surprised that I went to a Wednesday IMAX screening because they thought it wasn’t out until Friday, as Oct 8 was what was heavily promoted in marketing.
    A lot of folks aren’t aware of Thursday showings. Years ago Thursday showings used to start at 10pm. Before that it was Friday midnight. My friends were surprised that I went to a Wednesday IMAX screening because they thought it wasn’t out until Friday, as Oct 8 was what was heavily promoted in marketing.

You are in the US aren’t you makeshiftpython?
  • RainyRainy Skyfall
    Some box office insiders are predicting 17m Friday in the US excluding previews. Not the best but in line with projections I suppose.

You are in the US aren’t you makeshiftpython?

I am.
  • I would have thought with the embarrassing disaster that was the Afghanistan withdrawal US audiences would have flocked to Bond for a bit of cheer.
    Eh we’re kind of over that now, except for veterans.
  • I'd be pretty pissed if the only movies that are getting crowds are MARVEL

Although some of those stunts in Black Widow were damned good....
    Black Widow is a fan of MOONRAKER, which for me earns her a spot at the cool kids table.
  • Yeah, I saw her looking at that in the movie and smiled....

And Craig's wife was her 'mom'
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like David Arnold's comment here ... B-)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I’m getting anxious about the domestic opening weekend.
  • I can't believe Venom made so much money. It has had very mixed reviews.
    It’s a little bit depressing but it looks like monster opening weekends are a comic book movies privilege only in the US…
    NTTD is doing fine box office in the U.S. so far.
    Let’s wait yesterday’s numbers.
    Relax until Monday. B-)
  • Come on the US of A. Don't let us down. We have faith in you "brother" as the boys from Langley like to say.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I’d go see it again this weekend if I had the time. Can’t stop thinking about it.
    I’m starting to believe that bloody Venom could really damage Bond’s gross.
    In Russia yesterday Venom on its second weekend beated Bond in its first…
  • I will only watch Venom if Bond beats it at the US box office.