NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions NO SPOILERS please

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Well I bloody enjoyed that! Not sure what I will make of it in subsequent viewings because there's a hell of a lot to take in. The long runtime simply flew by. It really felt like it was under 2 hours. It's really well paced.

Simply put It's far superior to SP. The action is one of It's strengths. It's thrilling and has lots of suspense.

Performances are all good. I though Leah Seydoux was a real stand out.

The film moves so fast It's plot all seems a bit of a confused hodge podge of ideas, but I'm sure repeat viewings will either make or break it.

The score seemed pretty good although it harks back to previous films too much for my liking.

The climax is nerve shreddingly good with some brutal gunplay.

I will relish watching this again on Bluray at home.

My opinion so far is It's a great time in the cinema.

Look forward to discussing it at length on here 👍

Glad you enjoyed it mate! Am still in a bit of a quagmire about it, but I certainly will be giving it another watch! One thing is for sure, like CR, I will never forget my first viewing of it!!

Thanks mate. Like you I was nervous going in and I only started to relax and enjoy it during the scenes in Cuba.

I'm sure I'll have a more objective view of it on repeat viewings. Some of its iffy plot motivations could be it's downfall on more viewings.
    jobo wrote: »
    Watched it today, and was blown away! It was more or less everything I hoped it would be. Some of the best quality action and acting I have seen in a Bond film which makes me forgive that the plot became a little messy towards the end. Some comments from earlier asking for "more Fleming" seem particularly ironic given that there are far more nods to Fleming in this than in most of the films, far more than what I expected anyway.

Oooh, Fleming nods? I did not expect that kinda, even tho they did some in SP.

Cool, I am hyped to notice some of those when I see the movie
    If the story is tighter, that's all I'll need from it I think.
    I second your opinion

Watched it today, and was blown away! It was more or less everything I hoped it would be. Some of the best quality action and acting I have seen in a Bond film which makes me forgive that the plot became a little messy towards the end. Some comments from earlier asking for "more Fleming" seem particularly ironic given that there are far more nods to Fleming in this than in most of the films, far more than what I expected anyway.

But that's enough about Octopussy, what did you think of No Time To Die?

Haha! That was great! :D
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    ToTheRight wrote: »

But that's enough about Octopussy, what did you think of No Time To Die?

Haha! That was great! :D

Just a little bit of fun.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This has been mentioned before, but it was a bit odd that Blofeld was born in 1946. He would ve been in his 30s when he was jealous of little James.
    My comments from April 3:
    QBranch wrote: »
    Blofeld has two conflicting birth dates in NTTD (04/07/46 and 28/05/64), so there's definitely something fishy going on with him.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Blofeld has two conflicting birth dates in NTTD (04/07/46 and 28/05/64), so there's definitely something fishy going on with him.
    When or where was this revealed? I must’ve missed it.
    During the first trailer where Tanner talks about Blofeld being a valuable asset, the screen indicates 04/07/46 as his birthday - implying his character around 74 years of age.
    And the other date - 28/05/64, can be seen on Madeleine's folder on Blofeld, when she bumps into Bond at MI6.
    I haven't seen the film yet to get a grasp on what Ernst's story is, but I thought it possible that the year '46' was an error and is meant to read '64'. However, the month and day is different too. Not sure what's going on there.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I haven't seen the film yet to get a grasp on what Ernst's story is, but I thought it possible that the year '46' was an error and is meant to read '64'. However, the month and day is different too. Not sure what's going on there.

Yeah that was clearly a mistake. 1964 makes perfect sense: Blofeld would be 9 years older than Bond, so that means he was 21 when little James first came into his house.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 13,928
    matt_u wrote: »

Yeah that was clearly a mistake. 1964 makes perfect sense: Blofeld would be 9 years older than Bond, so that means he was 21 when little James first came into his house.
    I read here that the shots of Blofeld on the computer screens (along with the 1946 date) was not seen in the finished film.

Probably due to them detecting it as an error.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I'm 100% sure that the 1946 date is still present on Q's monitor. It's just a different shot. I watched a 2020 copy of the film tho. It would be cool to know if the UK/US updated copies (that feature the new MGM CGI Leo) still feature this error.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It says 1946. It was very visible on the screen. Couldn t see anything written on the folder.At least I didn tnotice.
  • I think I'm going either tomorrow or Thursday (I'm in the States). Kind of difficult to explain how excited I am, even though two of the major spoilers have been given away for me.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think I'm going either tomorrow or Thursday (I'm in the States). Kind of difficult to explain how excited I am, even though two of the major spoilers have been given away for me.

I’m in the same boat as you. Really looking forward to seeing the story they’re gonna tell.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I forgot there were showings tomorrow in the States - is that IMAX only, I believe?

And yes, just two days and one hour to go now, I'm pretty surprised, considering the level of spoilers I've read, how excited and ready I am still for this one. I hope it delivers.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I forgot there were showings tomorrow in the States - is that IMAX only, I believe?

And yes, just two days and one hour to go now, I'm pretty surprised, considering the level of spoilers I've read, how excited and ready I am still for this one. I hope it delivers.

The one I'm going to tomorrow in Canada is an IMAX screening. It's the only one I found, although it's also the second- or third-closest major theater to where I live, so I didn't really have to do much searching.
  • The screenings in the US tomorrow are indeed only IMAX.
    If not, this would be the first DC Bond film in which it never rains – curious, since it had never rained in a single Bond film *ever* before CR.
    It rains in the PTS of SF.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Zekidk wrote: »
    If not, this would be the first DC Bond film in which it never rains – curious, since it had never rained in a single Bond film *ever* before CR.
    It rains in the PTS of SF.

SF doesn't predate CR...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Also, it does rain in OHMSS.

I remember in 2006 fans making a big deal about how CR was the first since OHMSS to feature rain.
    I'm going to a regular screening here in Vancouver tomorrow, and then on Thursday, IMAX (earliest IMAX date here was Thursday).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I have never had the chance to see any film in IMAX. I wish!
    At least I am happy with my current huge, gorgeous cinema's screen.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I have never had the chance to see any film in IMAX. I wish!
    At least I am happy with my current huge, gorgeous cinema's screen.

You're lucky. My nearest cinema presentation is abysmal. Their screen needs a good wash. Especially evident in the NTTD PTS snow scenes. The whiteness showed up the dirt...

I much prefer watching films on Bluray at home.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Well, thanks to the last few posts I went and looked, and sure enough, it's showing 7 pm tomorrow night in IMAX right near me. I purchased two tickets and am attending with a different friend than the guys I'm going with on Thursday. I'm too embarrassed about having to tell the Thurs. guys that I saw it already without them, so I'm going to try to act like it I am seeing first time as well. Last time I did that was with BATMAN in 1989. Someone was so excited to take me opening night, but I had found a screening the night before. I didn't want to disappoint them.

Lol this mirrors my situation exactly.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I've had to do that before.

Sometimes I can't help myself when I'm super anxious to see a Bond flick.
    Well, thanks to the last few posts I went and looked, and sure enough, it's showing 7 pm tomorrow night in IMAX right near me. I purchased two tickets and am attending with a different friend than the guys I'm going with on Thursday. I'm too embarrassed about having to tell the Thurs. guys that I saw it already without them, so I'm going to try to act like it I am seeing first time as well. Last time I did that was with BATMAN in 1989. Someone was so excited to take me opening night, but I had found a screening the night before. I didn't want to disappoint them.

Blessing in disguise... I love watching my friends or family react to something I've already seen, it's always fun to know what's coming and anticipate how they will react.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Gotta do what you gotta do. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts later today, I hope you find some enjoyment in it.
    My second screening is about to start here in Whitby and the auditorium is PACKED. I hope this continues through the weekend!
    I'm 2 hours out here in Vancouver! Can't wait!
    My second screening is about to start here in Whitby and the auditorium is PACKED. I hope this continues through the weekend!

Wow almost a week after the release over there!
  • My second screening is about to start here in Whitby and the auditorium is PACKED. I hope this continues through the weekend!
    As in "Dracula arrives in England" Whitby?
    JoeBond wrote: »

Wow almost a week after the release over there!

No, sorry, Whitby in Canada. This was an advance IMAX screening.