The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

• I've got tickets for the RAH world premiere. I am really happy and looking forward to it - of course! - my only concern would be the screen size of this huge hall. But it won't be my last screening anyway... ;)
    I've got tickets for the RAH world premiere. I am really happy and looking forward to it - of course! - my only concern would be the screen size of this huge hall. But it won't be my last screening anyway... ;)

I've seen films there with live orchestra and the size is actually pretty good if seated in stalls. If you're further up closer to the gallery then it's different. You're either off to the side, or really far away from the screen.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I may have to go by myself opening weekend in the states. I find it hard to believe that my wife will be able to sit through 163 minutes while being pregnant. I dont have any friends in my area that are interested in Bond.
    I may have to go by myself opening weekend in the states. I find it hard to believe that my wife will be able to sit through 163 minutes while being pregnant. I dont have any friends in my area that are interested in Bond.

I always go to my first viewing of a new Bond movie on my own! Dont like any distractions! Have seen all Bond movies in the same cinema and same screen since OP, but that cinema has now made structual changes, and changed their awsome large screen 1 into 2 screens to compete with the multiplexes!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I dont have any friends in my area that are interested in Bond.

And you call them friends..?

Just kidding. :D
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    In a bizarre turn of events, I'll bee seeing it four(!) times this coming week. I had my tickets booked with some friends on the 30th at 0.07AM, and with my partner the 2nd, but since then I've been given tickets to both the press screening and the actual premíere, so this week is going to be pure Bond madness. God I've missed this level of excitement, I'm so ready for all of it...
    THREE MORE SLEEPS!!!

Also very pleasantly surprised by so many of the North American press screenings also being open to the public through giveaways and whatnot. While we UK regular folks have to wait only 24 hours more until the 30th...
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    The few hours between reviews going live and having my arse planted infront of that beautiful laser IMAX projection are going to be akin to having ones balls walloped by Le Chiffre and his rope.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So just to confirm again, the 28th is when the first viewings take place and reviews should start going up an hour or two after they finish up? Debating staying up to check them out once they go live. I seriously cannot believe we’re this close now. Excited to be sharing in this with you all.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So just to confirm again, the 28th is when the first viewings take place and reviews should start going up an hour or two after they finish up? Debating staying up to check them out once they go live. I seriously cannot believe we’re this close now. Excited to be sharing in this with you all.

Correct. First press shows around the world are simultaneous with the premiere, and reviews will go live midnight UK time on 29th (so just over an hour after the screenings finish)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    someone could start a thread where we all bet on the final Rotten tomatoes score... my guess is 84
    someone could start a thread where we all bet on the final Rotten tomatoes score... my guess is 84

Ooo, I'll play along:

• Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Start a new thread…
    I’m going 91.
    antovolk wrote: »

Correct. First press shows around the world are simultaneous with the premiere, and reviews will go live midnight UK time on 29th (so just over an hour after the screenings finish)

Excellent, thanks.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Wednesday the 6th in Vancouver, and Thursday the 7th in Richmond IMAX. So excited!!!

Any other Vancouverites?
  • MeanwhileMeanwhile Brooklyn
    Earliest NYC show I could find was the losery fake IMAX at Kipps Bay. Anybody else headed there?
  • I am now also seeing a press screening for NTTD THIS Tuesday at the same theatre in Toronto at 3 PM.

Congrats @StirredNotShaken ! I entered a contest for tickets to that screening, but no luck.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Start a new thread…
    I’m going 91.

I'm gonna say mid to high 70s. Only because we completely overshot on what we thought Spectre was going to be. Alot of high 80s and low 90s based on what Skyfall was. It took me years to release that it was down at 63%
    Biggest IMAX in the world set to open in Germany for NTTD:

https://deadline.com/2021/09/james-bond-no-time-die-germany-biggest-imax-world-1234844862/
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Start a new thread…
    I’m going 91.

I'm gonna say mid to high 70s. Only because we completely overshot on what we thought Spectre was going to be. Alot of high 80s and low 90s based on what Skyfall was. It took me years to release that it was down at 63%

I’m anxious, but I’m also preparing myself for a possible disappointment. After six years with the last one being SP, it would seem like a miracle if NTTD ends up as good as CR and SF. IMO, there hasn’t really been a case where we jumped from one solid Bond to the next since FYEO/OP. It’s been a series of ups and downs, with only the downs being consecutive (TND/TWINE/DAD).
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I fundamentally appreciate all Craig entries so far, with CR being the highlight of his era. I'm a little bit anxious only because NTTD deals with pretty explosive stuff that MUST be handled properly, if you know what I mean. I'm optimistic anyway.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 3,164

only shame is that it's the wider 1.90 format, not the full-height 'traditional' 1.43! IMAX very much moving away from this, aside from Nolan...and of course NTTD and Dune this year.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    DCisared wrote: »
    The few hours between reviews going live and having my arse planted infront of that beautiful laser IMAX projection are going to be akin to having ones balls walloped by Le Chiffre and his rope.

Hahaha post of the year this. I second this
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »

Hahaha post of the year this. I second this

More like 7 days for me haha.
  • Its kind of fascinating that there's still such a staggered release given the lengths they've gone to not reveal anything. If the spoilers are of the magnitude that has been speculated, I'm sure a week is plenty of time for news, tabloids, social media, etc. to spoil things for a good chunk of the North American audience.
    Its kind of fascinating that there's still such a staggered release given the lengths they've gone to not reveal anything. If the spoilers are of the magnitude that has been speculated, I'm sure a week is plenty of time for news, tabloids, social media, etc. to spoil things for a good chunk of the North American audience.

All they need is a day or two, really. Would've loved all of the worldwide releases aligning on the same exact day but alas.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Start a new thread…
    I’m going 91.

I’m anxious, but I’m also preparing myself for a possible disappointment. After six years with the last one being SP, it would seem like a miracle if NTTD ends up as good as CR and SF. IMO, there hasn’t really been a case where we jumped from one solid Bond to the next since FYEO/OP. It’s been a series of ups and downs, with only the downs being consecutive (TND/TWINE/DAD).

We can only go up from SP!
  • echo wrote: »
    Start a new thread…
    I’m going 91.

We can only go up from SP!

This is true. So far, it looks as though the 3rd act will be thrilling.
    For me, and I'm sure many film critics, the film will be reviewed best by how it nails the ending. A definite ending for Daniel Craig's Bond. Hopefully that won't let us down.
  • DB007DB007 Toronto
    Does anyone know how to get tickets to the press screening in Toronto? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • Might be of interest to those going to Cineworld in York, Glasgow, Sheffield or Cheltenham on opening night.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/static/en/uk/blog/vip-cineworld-no-time-to-die