NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• Would love a PM too! Can’t wait to hear it!
  • 'Good to Have You Back' just made me smile so wide, what a welcome return to the Bond franchise.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 13
    Does the title song get used throughout the score?
  • NoTimeToLiveNoTimeToLive Jamaica
    'Good to Have You Back' just made me smile so wide, what a welcome return to the Bond franchise.

With all the references to those
    OHMSS melodies
    I wonder if the movie will also feature Vesper's theme.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Would love the link if possible! Thanks !
  • PM would be deeply appreciated!
  • TheNickofItTheNickofIt Devon
    What a gorgeous score!
  • NoTimeToLiveNoTimeToLive Jamaica
    I think I heard a few references to
    Adele's Skyfall
    in I'll be right back, but that might be a coincidence.
    Also, definitely some music from
    the first trailer
    in Track 19.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Not got the link doing the rounds - but can't wait to listen to this in due course- fingers crossed it's won't disappoint. Sounds like a blend of John Barry, David Arnold, Thomas Newman and Hans Zimmer - which seems pretty fitting for the Craig era.
    Hate to be a broken record, but I'd appreciate the score if anyone could spare a link!
  • FunnyBondManFunnyBondMan Greece
    Compared to Newman's stuff, this is dynamite. Absolutely loving it, welcome back bombastic Bond.

e49df6fdd93a69c26169cbbc52a7bf5b.jpg

• RossDinwiddyRossDinwiddy Brighton
    I'd also be grateful for a PM.
    I think I heard a few references to
    Adele's Skyfall
    No, I didn't hear any musical references taken from Adele's Skyfall, hence why I'm not placing it into a spoiler bar. I think perhaps you're confusing those instrumental cues with the NTTD title song melody that's been woven into the score?
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I, too, would be grateful for a PM.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    jake24 wrote: »
    I am refraining from listening to the soundtrack until I see the film (first time I gathered up the willpower to do so) but I’m absolutely loving what I’m hearing about it. Can’t wait to experience it in the theatre.

@jake24 Are we allowed posting the link in here - with spoiler tag - instead of DM people?

I am refraining from listening to the soundtrack until I see the film (first time I gathered up the willpower to do so) but I’m absolutely loving what I’m hearing about it. Can’t wait to experience it in the theatre.

First time for me as well, @jake24. Let's stay strong, my friend ;)
  • The violent aggressive Zimmer style in some of these tracks elevates this incredibly. Oh man I can't wait to see it in the context of the movie.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Just for the record, this is a private link to a stream only of the score. It's not downloadable. It's no torrent.

The recipient made the big mistakes of sharing his/her private link, that as a consequence started to flow online since at least 17 hours.
    Condolences to all the fans who enjoyed Newman's style. I was not one of them.
  • Univex wrote: »

First time for me as well, @jake24. Let's stay strong, my friend ;)

I'm with you both, too!
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    matt_u wrote: »
    Listening to the score. I'm crying. "Home" gave me goosebumps. This is gonna be incredible.

Can you PM a link please? I would really appreciate it :D
    Same!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I can't DM each and everyone.

Forum: If you have the link then help out if people asking for it in here.
    Newman is a terrific composer but Bond, for me, did not seem his cup of tea.
    A great Bond score can save a mediocre Bond film. We might just have a classic on our hands.
  • So where do people think the title song will fit in chronologically? After Square Escape?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So where do people think the title song will fit in chronologically? After Square Escape?

100%.
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    Anyone to send me this link in DM? Thanks!
  • Some excellent pieces in there - overall gets an 8/10 from me. Hope the movie is just as good if not better.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    My old friend @peter sent me the link so had to just pop back and say, Zimmer has brought it.

Just on my first listen I'm calling this the best score since TLD, it's that good.
  • Would love to listen to this! Thanks in advance!