No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• cwl007cwl007 England
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    Absolutely bluffed by the chemistry between Bond and Paloma in the trailers/spot tv.

I would have so much liked that she was the main Bond girl and that they collaborated throughout the film, like in The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker. Very afraid to be frustrated during the film when the Paloma scenes are over.

Completely agree with this mate. This is my only concern going into NTTD, hopefully the Cuba sequence will be one of many highlights of the film
    I can't believe we're less than 3 weeks away from seeing this film

As long suspected on this thread I do now feel certain that Paloma's is a very limited role. I feel this was inadvertently confirmed on episode 2 of the NTTD podcast. James King complemented Ana on her dress and asked of she loved her wardrobe or words to that effect, to which she replied it's only the one dress!
    Shame
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    On Twitter, people had access to the production notes and someone tweeted this excerpt.
    (SPOILERS for the PTS, you have been warned)
    On Twitter, people had access to the production notes and someone tweeted this excerpt.

So can we expect everything to be leaked ahead of schedule now? I would not be surprised if there are missing notes regarding the ending...
    FoxRox wrote: »

So can we expect everything to be leaked ahead of schedule now? I would not be surprised if there are missing notes regarding the ending...

Those are the production notes I mentioned earlier! Not a leak thing, Universal legit released them to press today ..
    antovolk wrote: »

Those are the production notes I mentioned earlier! Not a leak thing, Universal legit released them to press today ..

Got it, thank you.
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Absolutely bluffed by the chemistry between Bond and Paloma in the trailers/spot tv.

I would have so much liked that she was the main Bond girl and that they collaborated throughout the film, like in The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker. Very afraid to be frustrated during the film when the Paloma scenes are over.

Completely agree with this mate. This is my only concern going into NTTD, hopefully the Cuba sequence will be one of many highlights of the film

As long suspected on this thread I do now feel certain that Paloma's is a very limited role. I feel this was inadvertently confirmed on episode 2 of the NTTD podcast. James King complemented Ana on her dress and asked of she loved her wardrobe or words to that effect, to which she replied it's only the one dress!
    Shame

The one thing that intrigues me most regarding Paloma's involvement is the brief shot we saw of her in the trailer when she seems to be around for the "gassing," or whatever it is exactly, in the SPECTRE party. Is this before or after the action sequence?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    antovolk wrote: »

Got it, thank you.
    cwl007 wrote: »

Shame

The one thing that intrigues me most regarding Paloma's involvement is the brief shot we saw of her in the trailer when she seems to be around for the "gassing," or whatever it is exactly, in the SPECTRE party. Is this before or after the action sequence?

I think the gassing happens before and leads into the action.
    They really should bring this forward a week. I have a suspicion there may well be a firebreak restrictions for mid October in the Uk
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited September 11 Posts: 1,014
    If Nomi and Paloma are popular with the general public, maybe we can get a spin-off featuring those two as we wait for the next 007 flick. :D

This has the lines about the explosive that were posted yesterday in English

This has the lines about the explosive that were posted yesterday in English

His grin at the end is so Bond. Between this and the martini tray, seems to be a lot of tropey Bond elements sprinkled throughout his action in this one. Love it!
  • StarkStark France
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    @Stark

I think PWB is basically the one who scripted and came up with Paloma as a character, as De Armas didnt know what here character or role was (beyond a name) at the Jamaica press conference, and PWB was still tinkering at the time.

Speaking of Bond 26 script writers, the latest Empire magazine has a piece on screenwriter Krysty Wilson-Cairns (1917, Last Night in Soho, the upcoming Taika Watiti Star Wars film) and one of her career ambitions is to do Bond. She certainly knows the right people.

Didn't Cary say he wrote the part specifically for de Armas?

Cary only wrote the basics of the character I think, because I remember Ana saying in an interview that Phoebe wrote all her scenes.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Korean spot had new footage at 0:05 and 0:07. Overhead shot explosion Havana set/car /// shooting on the balcony

• MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    @Stark

I think PWB is basically the one who scripted and came up with Paloma as a character, as De Armas didnt know what here character or role was (beyond a name) at the Jamaica press conference, and PWB was still tinkering at the time.

Speaking of Bond 26 script writers, the latest Empire magazine has a piece on screenwriter Krysty Wilson-Cairns (1917, Last Night in Soho, the upcoming Taika Watiti Star Wars film) and one of her career ambitions is to do Bond. She certainly knows the right people.

Didn't Cary say he wrote the part specifically for de Armas?

Cary only wrote the basics of the character I think, because I remember Ana saying in an interview that Phoebe wrote all her scenes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/no-time-die-ana-de-armas-phoebe-waller-bridge-paloma-script-james-bond-a9343576.html
    I thought the opening scene after the gunbarrel is Stefin on the frozen lake?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    fjdinardo wrote: »

It is, but the PTS this time around will be very long.
    It opens at the lake with Safin and young Madeleine, then flashes forward to Matera and Bond and Madeleine, then we get the jump off the bridge, the motorbike/car chase, then Bond puts Madeleine on a train. The moment the train pulls away, the titles will kick in.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

It is, but the PTS this time around will be very long.
    It opens at the lake with Safin and young Madeleine, then flashes forward to Matera and Bond and Madeleine, then we get the jump off the bridge, the motorbike/car chase, then Bond puts Madeleine on a train. The moment the train pulls away, the titles will kick in.

Gotcha
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I wonder when we will get some sort of screening reviews. I know nothing about this release is typical because of covid but usually when the studio is sure a film will do well with critics they start screenings earlier to hype up the film, no?
    skropper13 wrote: »
    I wonder when we will get some sort of screening reviews. I know nothing about this release is typical because of covid but usually when the studio is sure a film will do well with critics they start screenings earlier to hype up the film, no?

Not if they want to keep the secrets, and don't trust some of the journalists to keep their mouths shut.
    So this time I don't expect any reviews until the day of the premiere.
    skropper13 wrote: »
    With the previous Craig films the first press screenings and reviews were the week before UK release, ahead of the world red carpet premieres
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I managed to avoid most spoilers for Spectre until I watched the premiere live and David Walliams decided because he'd seen it, it was okay to mention that Oberhauser and Swann survived the film. The gimp still wasn't sorry when he brought it up to Zaritsky on his YouTube channel.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    DCisared wrote: »
    I managed to avoid most spoilers for Spectre until I watched the premiere live and David Walliams decided because he'd seen it, it was okay to mention that Oberhauser and Swann survived the film. The gimp still wasn't sorry when he brought it up to Zaritsky on his YouTube channel.

Yeah same thing happened to me mate, stayed away from everything and then saw that. I was in disbelief that he just effectively spoilt the film at the premiere.
    I'm probably going to avoid watching the premiere, until I've seen the film, for that reason

aJXBG94.jpg
    SPxLBA2.jpg
    BhOQQoh.jpg
    ZXK3pe4.jpg
    UMYMtVj.jpg

• silva13silva13 Australia
    @Contraband this is the one you were having trouble viewing on Instagram the other day.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    In 2020 there was this trailer for Dutch subtiteld podcast but as we know the podcast was delayd and even back then and now too i cant find a Dutch subtiteld or English subtiteld version.

silva13 wrote: »
    @Contraband this is the one you were having trouble viewing on Instagram the other day.

Yeah at first. Manage to fix it. Thanks anyway :-)
  • StarkStark France
    Contraband wrote: »
    aJXBG94.jpg
    SPxLBA2.jpg
    BhOQQoh.jpg
    ZXK3pe4.jpg
    UMYMtVj.jpg

A shame if no new poster is unveiled soon, if the film is good it would be frustrating to have such uncreative posters...
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    edited September 12 Posts: 198
    It is in all the trailers but when Madeline says 'You don't know what this is' do we think that
    She is referring to a situation or something on Bond's hand. Poison maybe? He has his hand up at that point as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for all the new TV spots. I do love that overhead shot of Paloma shooting the two guys on the ground.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It is in all the trailers but when Madeline says 'You don't know what this is' do we think that
    She is referring to a situation or something on Bond's hand. Poison maybe? He has his hand up at that point as well.
    Maybe she's referring to the Blofeld dossier she holds. Maybe Bond went to grab it and have a look inside.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    Maybe she's referring to the Blofeld dossier she holds. Maybe Bond went to grab it and have a look inside.

It could also be a DVD copy of DAD, hence Bond's confusion.