No Time to Die production thread

Comments

fjdinardo wrote: »
    On Twitter, people had access to the production notes and someone tweeted this excerpt.
    (SPOILERS for the PTS, you have been warned)
    I thought the opening scene after the gunbarrel is Stefin on the frozen lake?

It is, but the PTS this time around will be very long.
    It opens at the lake with Safin and young Madeleine, then flashes forward to Matera and Bond and Madeleine, then we get the jump off the bridge, the motorbike/car chase, then Bond puts Madeleine on a train. The moment the train pulls away, the titles will kick in.

Gotcha
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I wonder when we will get some sort of screening reviews. I know nothing about this release is typical because of covid but usually when the studio is sure a film will do well with critics they start screenings earlier to hype up the film, no?
    skropper13 wrote: »
    I wonder when we will get some sort of screening reviews. I know nothing about this release is typical because of covid but usually when the studio is sure a film will do well with critics they start screenings earlier to hype up the film, no?

Not if they want to keep the secrets, and don't trust some of the journalists to keep their mouths shut.
    So this time I don't expect any reviews until the day of the premiere.
    skropper13 wrote: »
    With the previous Craig films the first press screenings and reviews were the week before UK release, ahead of the world red carpet premieres
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I managed to avoid most spoilers for Spectre until I watched the premiere live and David Walliams decided because he'd seen it, it was okay to mention that Oberhauser and Swann survived the film. The gimp still wasn't sorry when he brought it up to Zaritsky on his YouTube channel.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    DCisared wrote: »
    I managed to avoid most spoilers for Spectre until I watched the premiere live and David Walliams decided because he'd seen it, it was okay to mention that Oberhauser and Swann survived the film. The gimp still wasn't sorry when he brought it up to Zaritsky on his YouTube channel.

Yeah same thing happened to me mate, stayed away from everything and then saw that. I was in disbelief that he just effectively spoilt the film at the premiere.
    I'm probably going to avoid watching the premiere, until I've seen the film, for that reason
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

aJXBG94.jpg
    SPxLBA2.jpg
    BhOQQoh.jpg
    ZXK3pe4.jpg
    UMYMtVj.jpg

• silva13silva13 Australia
    @Contraband this is the one you were having trouble viewing on Instagram the other day.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    In 2020 there was this trailer for Dutch subtiteld podcast but as we know the podcast was delayd and even back then and now too i cant find a Dutch subtiteld or English subtiteld version.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    silva13 wrote: »
    @Contraband this is the one you were having trouble viewing on Instagram the other day.

Yeah at first. Manage to fix it. Thanks anyway :-)
  • StarkStark France
    Contraband wrote: »
    aJXBG94.jpg
    SPxLBA2.jpg
    BhOQQoh.jpg
    ZXK3pe4.jpg
    UMYMtVj.jpg

A shame if no new poster is unveiled soon, if the film is good it would be frustrating to have such uncreative posters...
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    edited September 2021 Posts: 198
    It is in all the trailers but when Madeline says 'You don't know what this is' do we think that
    She is referring to a situation or something on Bond's hand. Poison maybe? He has his hand up at that point as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for all the new TV spots. I do love that overhead shot of Paloma shooting the two guys on the ground.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It is in all the trailers but when Madeline says 'You don't know what this is' do we think that
    She is referring to a situation or something on Bond's hand. Poison maybe? He has his hand up at that point as well.
    Maybe she's referring to the Blofeld dossier she holds. Maybe Bond went to grab it and have a look inside.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    Maybe she's referring to the Blofeld dossier she holds. Maybe Bond went to grab it and have a look inside.

It could also be a DVD copy of DAD, hence Bond's confusion.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »

It could also be a DVD copy of DAD, hence Bond's confusion.
    "Threw it away years ago. What is this?"
  • StarkStark France
    edited September 2021 Posts: 177
    When we know that it is Craig who brought back talented artists like Mendes, Phoebe Waller Brige (and maybe Fukunaga ?), I'm very afraid of Barbara's choices when he will not be there anymore.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 6,665
    I agree, although Barbara brought Fukunaga in. That much is clear from his interviews.

It's true that Craig was the one who brought many of the talent that latter brought other talent. Case in point, he called for Mendes, his pal, and then Mendes called for Deakins and Newman. I do hope that some of the quality earned during Craig's tenure will survive his departure. But, who knows? Let's hope for the best. We're a long way from knowing for sure.

Many of the stylistic choices were Craig's as well. And they worked brilliantly for him. But who knows what the next fella will contribute with? Let's really hope for the best, and that maybe some of the right choices will remain in play, if they make enough sense for the next iteration.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2021 Posts: 5,834
    I would really like to see what Fukunaga would do with a clean slate.

Also, I think some of us are being unfair to Barbara, let's not forget she cast Craig in the first place, and facilitated and also continued the relationships he wanted to start. Not to mention all the choices she's obviously made outside of Craig himself.
  • StarkStark France
    edited September 2021 Posts: 177
    Where did you pick that from?
    Great pic.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
  • StarkStark France
    Where did you pick that from?

Twitter
    Damn it, I'm changing wallpapers on a day to day basis now. Must be a good sign ;)
  • Stark wrote: »

Cool!! :) Thanks!! (y)
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Cracking image that. Loving that one and Bond on the pier with the fish.
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Cracking image that. Loving that one and Bond on the pier with the fish.

Yep, those are the ones I love as well. Cracking imagery, classic undying scenes, I bet.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    17 days.