Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Murdock wrote: »
    Here you go. Complete with gunbarrel music.

Just listened to that one. I actually think it's the best gunbarrel since TMWTGG. Arnold's dramatic scoring complements the on screen opening surfing stunt perfectly. Definitely the best Bond composer post-John Barry.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,347
    Murdock wrote: »
    Here you go. Complete with gunbarrel music.

Just listened to that one. I actually think it's the best gunbarrel since TMWTGG. Arnold's dramatic scoring complements the on screen opening surfing stunt perfectly. Definitely the best Bond composer post-John Barry.

Amongst the DAD score there are some truly superb music cues and themes from Arnold. I love the cue when PB blasts the oxygen tanks through the wall at the clinic...

3:10
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Target Terminated

Great track to a great scene.

Not a Bond track though in a alternate reality it should be.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,247
    Great tracks! @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Target Terminated is one of the best Bond tracks for a great Bondian action scene and one I often listen to from QoS' score. And agreed, Bjork's Play Dead is a perfect 90s Bond theme. Arnold just can't resist sounding like Bond, even in a non-Bond song. That shows how much of Bond flows through his musical veins.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Great tracks! @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Target Terminated is one of the best Bond tracks for a great Bondian action scene and one I often listen to from QoS' score. And agreed, Bjork's Play Dead is a perfect 90s Bond theme. Arnold just can't resist sounding like Bond, even in a non-Bond song. That shows how much of Bond flows through his musical veins.

The Target Terminated scene for me feels pure Spectre, the action and design really makes me think of the early films.

Arnold really does have the Barry influence in his work, I recall listening to his Shaken and Stirred album for the guest time, I was over joyed he got the Bond gig. In the cinema I was literally humming all the TND score whilst watching the film.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,247

The Target Terminated scene for me feels pure Spectre, the action and design really makes me think of the early films.

Arnold really does have the Barry influence in his work, I recall listening to his Shaken and Stirred album for the guest time, I was over joyed he got the Bond gig. In the cinema I was literally humming all the TND score whilst watching the film.

Exactly. I still own and enjoy Arnold's Shaken and Stirred album. The man really gets Bond. Let's hope he makes a return in the next era.

Exactly. I still own and enjoy Arnold's Shaken and Stirred album. The man really gets Bond. Let's hope he makes a return in the next era.

I was hoping Arnold was going to return for NTTD, though he is still young relatively speaking. I believe he still has a lot to contribute to Bond and with CR and later QoS his over all scores were improving. QoS is one of my favourite none Barry scores in it entirety.

Listening to this now on my PC, great track...

Space March (feat. Leftfield)

I was hoping Arnold was going to return for NTTD, though he is still young relatively speaking. I believe he still has a lot to contribute to Bond and with CR and later QoS his over all scores were improving. QoS is one of my favourite none Barry scores in it entirety.

Listening to this now on my PC, great track...

Yeah. I feel the same about Arnold and his music.
    Aaaah! Yes!!! Leftfield great electronic duo. I also enjoy their Song of life and Inspection: Check One song. Not surprised about their Bond connection.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Not a Bond track though in a alternate reality it should be.
    The intro in particular is so delightfully Bondian.

One of the best tracks of the album in my opinion.
    James Bond with Bongos-FRWL

I think I like it ever more than the DN opening titles version
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 1,469
    This song pops - Keep Your Hair On. And may I say, nice brass.

Necros Attacks

Runaway

Just as I was finishing of my last sets whilst weight training this started playing, love this track got me pumped.
    Very nice recreation of the Concert John Barry arrangement of Thunderball.

Another fine interpretation from Q The Music Show.

edited August 2021 Posts: 23,347
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Another fine interpretation from Q The Music Show.

Excellent.

---

Clair de Lune | Debussy CR67

Air | Johann Sebastian Bach TSWLM

I was listening to a classical station and these two classical pieces played one after the other, sheer coincidence both being Bond related.
    Heavenly music.

Air is used very well in TSWLM. It's heavenly music all right, but accompanying images of death.

That film also features a gorgeous version of Chopin's Nocturne No. 8 in D-Flat for strings and piano, heard when Bond Sterling meets Stromberg.

---

This version of the Bond theme earned a place in my Bond music collection. It's pretty straightforward but I like the energetic pace, and I love those high screaming trumpets that move upwards at 1:25.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 13,933
    YOLT right now on Double J radio Australia
    Jamaican Rock (Remastered 2003)

I just love the atmospheric vibe of some of the tracks from DN

---
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Heavenly music.

Air is used very well in TSWLM. It's heavenly music all right, but accompanying images of death.

That film also features a gorgeous version of Chopin's Nocturne No. 8 in D-Flat for strings and piano, heard when Bond Sterling meets Stromberg.

---

This version of the Bond theme earned a place in my Bond music collection. It's pretty straightforward but I like the energetic pace, and I love those high screaming trumpets that move upwards at 1:25.

Feels very late Moore/TLD love it, great version.

---
    QBranch wrote: »
    YOLT right now on Double J radio Australia

One of the best scores for me.
    3:58, so good.

edited September 2021 Posts: 23,347
    DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER;SPACE LASER THEME EXTENDED REMIX

Greatness.
    The last Bond track I listened to was the OHMSS Theme used in...

WARNING: only click on this if you really, really want to know the answer...
    No Time To Die soundtrack and it's beautiful!!
    bondsum wrote: »
    The last Bond track I listened to was the OHMSS Theme used in...

WARNING: only click on this if you really, really want to know the answer...
    No Time To Die soundtrack and it's beautiful!!

Really wow... I clicked on the answer.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 13,933
    AVTAK on now, on 'Easy 80s Hits' radio Australia.
    NTTD score preview...

This is more like it.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 6,726
    This version of 007 from 1995's Moviola II is based on John Barry's concert arrangement from 1972, only the percussion is slightly different and, beginning at 0:55, the background phrase (that includes an upwards slide in every other bar) has horns in addition to strings, which gives it a beautiful and more muscular sound. I prefer this one to the original. The changes bring out the lyrical quality of the music a bit more. It's also slightly more lively.