Bondian Ads

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Chevrolet 1966 Chevelle, Spy theme, 8:19 length.

Ten Bond ads, a few I've seen before, and others I didn't :

This one surprised.

CKoQSGCUsAQo7Pj.jpg

This one surprised.

CKoQSGCUsAQo7Pj.jpg

Fair enough! :))
    007.jpg

gBOND GLUEDEVIL
    41BxHJn2O%2BL._SY445_.jpg
    81zFZG1YIUL._SL1500___63849.1572024684.jpg?c=1

Arrested? Call Bond, James Bond.

SJfSUGU_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 6,844
    Arrested? Call Bond, James Bond.

I must have dialed the wrong number.

The other end said, "Sorry, this is Dick Tracy."

And I said, "And I'm still under arrest" and hung up.
    Roger Moore Milk is Supreme.mov

Large-scale Christmas Promotion Purchase Your Favorite Classic Furniture| James Bond

3 Days, James Bond Christmas Promotion, Countdown!

5 Days, James Bond Christmas Promotion, Countdown!

8 Days Countdown to The Christmas Promotion| James Bond Furniture

webp
    webp
    For Your Eyes Only Optometry, San Francisco

• DaltonFanDaltonFan California
    Timothy Dalton also did a tv commercial for Lark cigarettes.
    Those are great, @DaltonFan, posted on the Birding Bond (Page 5) and other discussions.

And now here.

2388f8adcbc1b4df0eb66a2debacdb36.jpg

Also note there was product placement in his own Bond film.

Lark.png
    james-bond-license-kill-replica-lark_1_0c651485e00c04ad6940aecde59b22d0.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There are some great Lark ads with Brosnan too.

https://pbfiles.proboards.com/thread/939/speak-lark
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    An old advert in Aussie Women's Weekly:

50937521876_aced9ba40e_o.jpg

How many Goldfinger connections can you spot? How many for Die Another Day?
    Pierce Brosnan Vegas Club commercial, Italy, 2012

Pierce Brosnan TV commercials SPAR Austria, 2010-2018
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/video-pierce-brosnan-spar-premium-tv-adverts
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Roger Moore Milk is Supreme.mov

Are those milk drinkin’ shots from LALD?
    With Director Guy Hamilton on board, yes.

007 Live and Let Die | Milk Commercial [007 Commercial Clips]
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ah good: I thought it didn't look like '79 Roger!
    A few more :

I think I know what I'm getting my grand nephew for Christmas. And I love the free runner.
    MMK x 007 Capsule Collection (1:54)
    After the Dalton and Brosnan Lark cigarette mentions.

There is also Lazenby in Benson & Hedges ads. Maybe from 1977 to around 1980. More under the Spoiler tag.

newdoc018.jpg
    tumblr_lnr9ptz57V1qm3vs6o1_1280.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg.e446c2da48f4bac6e38cca3a14117804.jpg
    b613f34dcaaf89fd0c17a804592f0e545b3e3897.jpg
    17197735_1__22822.1637558570.png?c=1
    may_82.jpg

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,400
    delete
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    After the Dalton and Brosnan Lark cigarette mentions.

There is also Lazenby in Benson & Hedges ads. Maybe from 1977 to around 1980. More under the Spoiler tag.

Well these are delightful!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The San Francisco one is something special. Extra 70s points for nicknaming a Chinese man 'Charlie Chan' and calling him 'inscrutable'!
    Interesting description of Laz as an "Australian International." Nice Tony Manero Saturday Night Fever suit in the second ad. I wonder if it was intentional not mentioning him as a former James Bond? I guess Cubby would've likely sued as he was almost as quick as Connery to do that back in the day.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I hadn't seen this one before :)

And the story of shooting it :)

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/remembering-roger-moore-director-recalls-non-stop-hilarious-shoot/1434512

When you make TV commercials you occasionally film celebrities. Almost all of them are very nice. Charm is one of the things that helps people achieve fame in the first place. When you encounter them while making ads, they are being very well paid which will do wonders for anyone’s mood.

But among all the genial footballers, thespians, comedians, politicians and celebrity chefs I’ve had the good fortune to work with, none remain fonder in the memory than Sir Roger Moore.

The ads we made were for Banks Bitter. The scripts were written by Jon Harrison and Richard Elwell and Sir Roger wanted to film them in Dublin, so off we set for the Emerald Isle. I would normally meet the star before the shoot but the great man arrived quite late the night before and I had gone for my mandatory early night.

The next day we were filming in a pub. The script required Sir Roger to walk into the crowded saloon – in tuxedo and dickie bow naturally – causing everyone in the place to gawp at him in silence as he approached the bar. "The trouble with being a world-famous celebrity," he explains straight to camera, "is you simply can’t go for a quiet pint of Banks Bitter".

When he arrives at the bar an awestruck local stutters "you’re him, aren't you?" to which Roger silkily replies "yes". Then the fella buys him a pint of the delicious beer. "See what I mean?" smirks Roger.

Nervously I went to see our star in make up and he received me with good grace. I explained the scene to him and walked him though it again on set. "I think I can manage that," he drawled. Buoyed by his relaxed confidence, I decided to shoot the rehearsal.

In walks Roger delivering his lines to total perfection before arriving at the bar. "You're him, aren’t you?" says the fella. "Fuck off!" deadpans Roger.

The whole place fell apart. Roger smiled at me guffawing and in that moment I knew this was going to be fun.

Sure enough, he was non stop hilarious throughout but never to the detriment to the work. In fact he kept deploying his immense experience to help us out whenever we encountered the little snags that are the regular stuff of film shoots.

When we wrapped on the last day I asked him if he would care to join us for a wrap dinner that evening, fully expecting him to politely decline as the biggest names usually do. "I’d love to," he said, "where are we going?"

He met us all an hour later at the Clarence Hotel. The pop group The Corrs, who were hugely successful at the time, were on a table on the other side of the dining room and I pointed them out to Roger, who wasn't acquainted with their music. But a little later when we’d all had a few glasses of wine he suddenly stood up and boomed across the room "you there, give us a song!". The Corrs looked round in absolute astonishment. "Jesus Christ…" exclaimed one of them, "it’s James Bond!".

In the end Roger’s charming wife Kristina was able to drag him away despite his protests: "But darling, I’m just having one more Calvados with the boys!"

When he wasn’t telling outrageous anecdotes, the only thing he wanted to talk about was his work as a Unicef ambassador in which he was totally engrossed.

Afterwards he actually sent me a generous thank you letter. But of course the debt of gratitude was, and remains, entirely mine.

Theo Delaney is a commercial film director and founder of Watchable
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mtm wrote: »

That's the one I was thinking of. Seems to be on all the time at the minute! :)
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 975
    Not exactly Bondian, but it's something Bond.
    A Spanish commercial for the cheese brand "La Paulina", promoting their Danbo cheese for their 100th anniversary.

And if you're wondering why they have cheese heads, well, i don't really know.