The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

That mean Gal Gadot might make a return or she might be pronounce dead. I was wishing she return
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 3,164
    International Trailer
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    They could do a spin-off with Godzilla and Kong in there with the way they're going. Could be fun.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Fast 10 will probably incorporate time travel.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That is a lot of CGI. I dunno, I quite like car stunts to involve impressive driving.

No Rock in this one? It seems a bit light on charisma.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

At this point, it seriously could.
    mtm wrote: »
    That is a lot of CGI. I dunno, I quite like car stunts to involve impressive driving.

I believe he's now a part of the spinoffs and is avoiding the main franchise, thanks to his beef with Diesel on set. I'm guessing the same goes for Statham now, too, but who knows. Doesn't even seem likely that we'll get a Hobbs & Shaw sequel, anyway.
  • I dunno, to me the series peaked at Fast Five. There is still a ton of entertainment in these sequels, I just can't believe how outrageous they are going . :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I believe he's now a part of the spinoffs and is avoiding the main franchise, thanks to his beef with Diesel on set. I'm guessing the same goes for Statham now, too, but who knows. Doesn't even seem likely that we'll get a Hobbs & Shaw sequel, anyway.

Oh really? I thought the plan was to do one. That would be a shame if not, I'd rather see a H&S sequel than this.

Going this big and silly really needs a Roger Moore in the middle of it to wink at the audience and tell you they're finding it as silly and fun as you are, and that's exactly what Dwayne Johnson does- and brilliantly. Without him there's a bit of a hole in it.
    A load of whooping hollering sidekicks who are looking a bit old to be behaving like that(!) doesn't really make up for the heroes taking it too seriously :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I dunno, to me the series peaked at Fast Five. There is still a ton of entertainment in these sequels, I just can't believe how outrageous they are going . :))

Yep. I feel the same way. I enjoyed a good chunk of six and seven but Fast Five was easily the best one since the first film and remains so.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

At this point, it seriously could.

It looks like they are heading into space in that F9 trailer, anything is possible.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2021 Posts: 4,415
    The Fast and the Furious 10: Interseller Time Machiene

Not No Time To Die but Time to go back trow the particle accelerator future.

The follow up of the 9th movie and together playing between the 7th and 8th movie. Don't know or that is possible, but name of 8th movie was The Fate of the Furious. :))

Crossover time..

bttf4-main.jpg?fit=300%2C225
    2015: Marty heard something outside and then wil find a car template from the car of Vin Diesel chacter.

Funny enough then found out i was very close..

• RyanRyan Canada

Oh really? I thought the plan was to do one. That would be a shame if not, I'd rather see a H&S sequel than this.

Going this big and silly really needs a Roger Moore in the middle of it to wink at the audience and tell you they're finding it as silly and fun as you are, and that's exactly what Dwayne Johnson does- and brilliantly. Without him there's a bit of a hole in it.
    A load of whooping hollering sidekicks who are looking a bit old to be behaving like that(!) doesn't really make up for the heroes taking it too seriously :)

I find that about Vin Diesel in general when it comes to these films. Despite all the outlandish nonsense going on around him he still plays it dead serious. Come on Vin, we just want to turn our brains off and enjoy the ridiculous action for a couple of hours. Smile man! ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I love them, yes They're silly over the top nonsense but sometimes that's all
    you want. ;) Also with the discussion on equality for strong female characters,
    The women of The Fast and Furious films, can drive, fight etc as well or better
    than the Men.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ryan wrote: »

I find that about Vin Diesel in general when it comes to these films. Despite all the outlandish nonsense going on around him he still plays it dead serious. Come on Vin, we just want to turn our brains off and enjoy the ridiculous action for a couple of hours. Smile man! ;)

Yeah, Vin isn't really much of a movie star.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,102
    F9 Crazy Car Stunts Trailer

It's good to see there is still practical effects amongst the CGI.

Edited: Just watched it again, some of these stunts are crazy.
    F9 Earns $70 Million and Sets Pandemic Record In Its Opening Weekend Box Office Debut
    https://www.ign.com/articles/f9-fast-and-furious-9-sets-pandemic-era-record-70-million-box-office-domestic
    In the first bit of major casting news, Jason Momoa has joined the 10th installment:

https://deadline.com/2022/01/jason-momoa-f10-1234921917/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's odd how they keep casting people for these car movies who don't fit in cars very well.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 40,368
    The 10th installment begins its first day of production with a title reveal: Fast X:

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The 10th installment begins its first day of production with a title reveal: Fast X:

Darn, really hoping for Fast Ten Your Seatbelts.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,102
    I still have yet to watch Fast 9 despite buying it, I intended to do a full rewatch of the series before watching 9 though I may as well do that for part 10. I suspect I may fast forward a couple of the early films.

Mamoa will be a great addition to the series. I thought I read somewhere Brie Larson is also in part 10?
  • meddlemeddle canada
    horrible franchise that should have stopped when Walker died. he was the franchise, diesel was second fiddle, the rock is a joke.
    Just days into production, Fast X is shutting down production with Justin Lin stepping down as director due to "creative differences." He will stay on as producer.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/justin-lin-fast-x-1235010537/
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Willing to bet Diesel was pushing for something so stupid that Justin Lin wasn’t willing to go there. What exactly, we’ll probably not know for years.

My guess: Vin wants to revive Paul Walker via CGI necromancy.
    Who wants to join me in betting that Diesel pulls a Shatner and directs, and a secondary bet that the results are even worse? :D
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I don’t think he can actually do that because of DGA rules. Actors aren’t allowed to take over as director after production kicked off with a director.

Vin is just gonna have to find a director he can boss around like Stallone and Eastwood do.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,447
    Who wants to join me in betting that Diesel pulls a Shatner and directs, and a secondary bet that the results are even worse? :D

I'm all for that! Make Fast X the series' The Final Frontier.

"Why . does . God . need . a . fast . car??"