NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

Congrats Billie! <:-P =D>
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Yay! Yet again, a Bond theme song wins a big prize!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Congrats!!! Happy for them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just saw this news on my feed, congrats. I had no idea there was going to be a Grammys this year. I don't follow modern music so have no idea who Billie was up against.

So is Billie likely to win the Oscar assuming that's taking place?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2021 Posts: 14,927
    Just saw this news on my feed, congrats. I had no idea there was going to be a Grammys this year. I don't follow modern music so have no idea who Billie was up against.

Looks like it hasn't been nominated. There might be some sort of eligibility thing though: I guess it makes sense for the Oscars to only allow nominations for films which have actually been released! :)
    So maybe next year..?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    It isn't be eligible for this years Oscars, but will be next year, provided it keeps the current release date.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Is that you, @Thunderfinger ? Nice hobby :)>-
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Is that you, @Thunderfinger ? Nice hobby :)>-

Wish I were that good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mtm wrote: »

Looks like it hasn't been nominated. There might be some sort of eligibility thing though: I guess it makes sense for the Oscars to only allow nominations for films which have actually been released! :)
    So maybe next year..?

Good point, I did not think that question through.

Billie may set a new record winning a Oscar several years after winning a Grammy for the same song ;)
  • mtm wrote: »

So maybe next year..?

Billie may set a new record winning a Oscar several years after winning a Grammy for the same song ;)

Not to mention that the song came out prior to the previous (2020) Grammy ceremony!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

So maybe next year..?

Ha! Yes; it's quite funny that her song from a 2021 film(maybe!) was up against a song from a 2019 film (Cats) as it is! :)

So maybe next year..?

Not to mention that the song came out prior to the previous (2020) Grammy ceremony!

I remember buying the single it seems a very long time ago now, I suspect the song will get another re release prior to the film opening.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

So maybe next year..?

I remember buying the single it seems a very long time ago now, I suspect the song will get another re release prior to the film opening.

Yes thats an interesting thought; I wonder if it will? I can kind of imagine them not releasing it again to be honest, but maybe she'll add a B-side or something.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

So maybe next year..?

The film simply coming out would be enough to give it a boost.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Cary posted the video with Billie's and Finneas reaction after they won, and wrote the following:

"So proud of these two. The first time I heard the demo was on a hectic set and despite all the chaos, I felt chills. It was a recording made in the back of a bus in some part of Texas, soon though you’ll hear it in the cinema in all its glory and hope you’ll feel the chills too"

Contraband wrote: »

Hoping this is a good omen for NTTD like Adele was for SF!!! :-bd
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2021 Posts: 4,437
    This one performing Live At Let Die (from 2015) around 0.22-0.23 sound a bit like cue that Hans Zimmer get inspiration from for NTTD.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I don't think I've listened to Billie Eilish sing NTTD since around the time it originally came out. I'm not really a fan of Ms.Eilish, however I really do like this song. As a singer she's certainly growing on me, very good voice. But better still, she has a massive fan base. Easily better than Sam Smith's Writing's On The Wall. Though that's not really an achievement.
    I think this is a clsssic bond theme. And the orchestrated version with the four repeated rising notes is very evocative of Barry
    Good idea to combine the song with images from "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (2005):

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Will they rerelease it in any way? I guess it's hard to do that with streaming- they never go away.
    Best chance for it to reach the charts again is right when the film comes out and interest is increased.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 511
    Best chance for it to reach the charts again is right when the film comes out and interest is increased.

Gotta get that FYC campaign going after the film comes out to get that Original Song Oscar!
    I think the song has a strong chance of winning an Oscar. She’s been on an awards streak much like Adele was a decade ago. Once she has an Oscar under her belt that completes her infinity gauntlet to snap haters out of existence. ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Billie-Eilish-No-Time-To-Die-Record-Store-Day.jpg

‘No Time To Die‘ by Billie Eilish, will be released as a new limited edition 7″ vinyl on Record Store Day’s Black Friday Event on 26 November, 2021.

The new vinyl features the live performance from the BRIT Awards and a never before released demo version.