New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
  • BennyBenny ...OctobennyAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome aboard @SomethingThatAteHim
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    5f19addf1c49d121250807.png

Benny wrote: »
    Welcome aboard @SomethingThatAteHim
  • edited January 3 Posts: 193
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Welcome @SomethingThatAteHim! Hope you won't be disagreeing with too many of us!

As long as nobody slanders OHMSS *before* I’ve eaten you should all be in the clear

Thanks for all the welcomes, looking forward to some quality Bonding with you all.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    No, this is as good as it gets. We'll most likely never interact with you again.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    No, this is as good as it gets. We'll most likely never interact with you again.
    Oof. Just as well he didn't praise Spectre!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Hotel Kali-Yuga
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Welcome @SomethingThatAteHim! Hope you won't be disagreeing with too many of us!

As long as nobody slanders OHMSS *before* I’ve eaten you should all be in the clear

giphy.gif
  • QBranch wrote: »

How did you know I thought Spectre was the pinnacle of the franchise?
    QBranch wrote: »
    How did you know I thought Spectre was the pinnacle of the franchise?
    I could feel it in my waters.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Not been on as much recently as i would be due to family and work commitments, especially in the times that the global community now finds itself in. Just wanted to say a warm welcome to all our recent and newest members!!! :-bd
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    How’s it going everyone? I’ve been a Bond fan since I was a kid, I used to watch them with my folks all the time and became obsessed. My dad took me to see TWINE in the theater when I was 10, and I’ve seen all of them in theaters since then. I’ve been stalking this forum since SP was in production and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to join, but I finally pulled the trigger and did it! 😌
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @fadetoblack7
    Welcome to the party, @fadetoblack7 .
    Welcome to the forum @fadetoblack7
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome, @fadetoblack7! Hang on tight and enjoy the ride!
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    Thanks everyone!
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Wattenscheid
    I have never posted in this thread, even though - as I am shocked to realize - I joined 7 months ago.

I always write way too long, so I try to keep it short here.
    I am nearing my thirties, so my original Bond was Brosnan (I think TWINE was the first one I really actively remember) and I will always love those films. Followed it through Craig which turned the series more serious right when I thougt I was more serious (you know, as a 15-year-old...).

Other then that I wasn't a huge Bond guy for the longest time. Then, NTTD hype got me good and after the delay early last year (which was announced 4 hours after I bought my tickets for the premier weekend) I wanted to get to know the fandom more, so I found the James Bond & Friends podcast and through that, this forum and the watchalong series the podcast did also made me go back and watch the older films, most of which I hadn't seen and the whole Coronavirus situation kind of had me dig deeper and deeper into this to the point where I am here almost daily, have read the books up to currently OHMSS, have read all of the Dynamite comics and seen around 15 Bond films in the last 6 months.

And I will for now leave it at that.
    Belated welcome @ImpertinentGoon
    It wasn't too long to read ;) , even i haven't posted on this thread when i joined
    @ImpertinentGoon . Belated welcome.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Welcome @fadetoblack7 and @ImpertinentGoon hope you enjoy your time here! :)
  • Hi, General_Graves here, longtime lurker. Got the desire to sign up and join in.
    Hope I can contribute a little to the site. Not really sure where to begin. goldeneye is my favorite film and Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan my favorite bond actors.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    edited February 21 Posts: 30,499
    Hello @General_Graves and I hope you enjoy your time here. You will find that there are plenty of GE fans on here, and both Sean and Pierce have their vocal supporters as well. Best way to start, I would say, is find a discussion that you have something to say about and get involved when you're comfortable.
  • DragonpolDragonpol Writer @ http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard @General_Graves. We had a member close to that name years ago. No longer with us here. Make yourself at home and dip into the discussions. There's something for everyone here.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome to the Bond army, @General_Graves!
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    edited February 22 Posts: 11,259
    Welcome @General_Graves. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the great Bond film, Die Another Day!
    Welcome @General_Graves
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Hotel Kali-Yuga
    Congrats on the promotion.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matthaujoes
    Welcome General, we shall obey your orders!