New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Welcome, new friends and old friends in new guises!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome agents, hope you enjoy the forum. Exciting times ahead!

since-youre-new-here-im-gonna-cut-you-a-break-today.jpg
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Welcome!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Welcome, new friends and old friends in new guises!

It's just like spies, this! Excellent! ;)
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Hello all. This is my second account on this wonderful site; my first was @Agent_One. For personal reasons, I changed my email address near the end of August, and had long forgotten the original password. After a month of trying to guess it, I decided to simply make a new one. I hope this isn't breaking any rules, and if it isn't, I look forward to discussing Bond again!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hello all. This is my second account on this wonderful site; my first was @Agent_One. For personal reasons, I changed my email address near the end of August, and had long forgotten the original password. After a month of trying to guess it, I decided to simply make a new one. I hope this isn't breaking any rules, and if it isn't, I look forward to discussing Bond again!

Welcome back, I remember you.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,426
    So, @Agent_Zero_One ... Lots to be done. Are you ready to get back to work? :)
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Welcome, sir.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Welcome back.
    Warm welcome to all new members! :-bd
  • I guess I should have posted here first, oops. Hello all! I’ve been a Bond fan since a kid (I spent many an hour re-enacting the Volcano assault from YOLT with GI Joes and my friends). My parents would only let me watch the Connery and Moore Bond films while I was small since they thought the Brosnan films were too violent for a child or something, which in retrospect is a bit silly considering some of the content of the older Bond’s lol. Die another Day was my first Bond that I saw in theaters and naturally haven’t missed one yet, though who knows how NTTD’s release will be handled. I’ve also read an enjoyed a handful of Fleming’s books and am planning to go through them all sooner or later. I posted my rankings in the that thread as well for anyone to judge my current (and ever changing) taste in Bond films!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome aboard, @SomethingThatAteHim! That's a good username. :)
    Welcome @SomethingThatAteHim! Hope you won't be disagreeing with too many of us!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome aboard @SomethingThatAteHim
    5f19addf1c49d121250807.png

Benny wrote: »
    Welcome aboard @SomethingThatAteHim
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 532
    Welcome @SomethingThatAteHim! Hope you won't be disagreeing with too many of us!

As long as nobody slanders OHMSS *before* I’ve eaten you should all be in the clear

Thanks for all the welcomes, looking forward to some quality Bonding with you all.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    No, this is as good as it gets. We'll most likely never interact with you again.
    Oof. Just as well he didn't praise Spectre!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

As long as nobody slanders OHMSS *before* I’ve eaten you should all be in the clear

giphy.gif
  • QBranch wrote: »
    No, this is as good as it gets. We'll most likely never interact with you again.

How did you know I thought Spectre was the pinnacle of the franchise?
    QBranch wrote: »
    How did you know I thought Spectre was the pinnacle of the franchise?
    I could feel it in my waters.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Not been on as much recently as i would be due to family and work commitments, especially in the times that the global community now finds itself in. Just wanted to say a warm welcome to all our recent and newest members!!! :-bd
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    How’s it going everyone? I’ve been a Bond fan since I was a kid, I used to watch them with my folks all the time and became obsessed. My dad took me to see TWINE in the theater when I was 10, and I’ve seen all of them in theaters since then. I’ve been stalking this forum since SP was in production and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to join, but I finally pulled the trigger and did it! 😌
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Welcome @fadetoblack7
    Welcome to the party, @fadetoblack7 .
    Welcome to the forum @fadetoblack7
    Welcome, @fadetoblack7! Hang on tight and enjoy the ride!
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    Thanks everyone!
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    I have never posted in this thread, even though - as I am shocked to realize - I joined 7 months ago.

I always write way too long, so I try to keep it short here.
    I am nearing my thirties, so my original Bond was Brosnan (I think TWINE was the first one I really actively remember) and I will always love those films. Followed it through Craig which turned the series more serious right when I thougt I was more serious (you know, as a 15-year-old...).

Other then that I wasn't a huge Bond guy for the longest time. Then, NTTD hype got me good and after the delay early last year (which was announced 4 hours after I bought my tickets for the premier weekend) I wanted to get to know the fandom more, so I found the James Bond & Friends podcast and through that, this forum and the watchalong series the podcast did also made me go back and watch the older films, most of which I hadn't seen and the whole Coronavirus situation kind of had me dig deeper and deeper into this to the point where I am here almost daily, have read the books up to currently OHMSS, have read all of the Dynamite comics and seen around 15 Bond films in the last 6 months.

And I will for now leave it at that.