The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    mtm wrote: »
    And of course nowhere else sells authentic ones. 8-|

The thing is these card companies pay license fees to the production companies who make the films.

These cards go up in value because of that. People seem to trust them more than any signed photo.

The autograph photos are a dime a dozen and are sold everywhere. I wouldn't trust any of them. So easy to forge imo.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Bonham's would be out of business if someone proves that the signature was a fake, so they make sure they know where it came from and can prove it, too.
    Besides, anyone bidding 10,000 pounds on a Sean Connery autograph knows what he's getting into.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,353
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Bonham's would be out of business if someone proves that the signature was a fake, so they make sure they know where it came from and can prove it, too.
    Besides, anyone bidding 10,000 pounds on a Sean Connery autograph knows what he's getting into.

It's impossible to prove it's a fake and it's impossible to prove it's real with these signatures.
    Anyone bidding 10,000 pounds on a Sean Connery autograph has money to burn.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,948

Precisely, yes, these aren't amateurs and will know what they're doing.

How's this for a sexy Jag? :)

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/353886/jaguar-vision-gran-turismo-sv-concept-car-uncovered

Jaguar%20Vision%20Gran%20Turismo%20SV%20concept%20car%20-13.jpg
    Funky! Visibility is zero, but looks fast - enough for Le Mans?
    And gone for 356,500 £. Amazing - it was supposed to fetch not more than 150,000.

25023492-1-26.jpg&width=960
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gosh, that's kind of crazy!
    Probably bought by eon ?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

It's impossible to prove it's a fake and it's impossible to prove it's real with these signatures.

It's actually quite easy to prove if it was a fake. There are many ways to do so. If it's from bonhams, I'd stick my hand in the fire for it to be genuine.

It's actually quite easy to prove if it was a fake. There are many ways to do so. If it's from bonhams, I'd stick my hand in the fire for it to be genuine.

About 80-90% of all Sean Connery autographs on the market are fakes or secretarials. Today's Sean Connery is impossible to get trough the mail and even in-person a tough signer. Most trough the mail autographs earlier in his career are scretarials or signed by his brother.

The price for his AUTHENTIC autographs goes up in value all the time. Meanwhile a signed 8x10 shot is at 250-350 US$ and a signed card is at about 180-250 US$. It doesn't matter if you get him on a card or a photo, both is the same hard job! Toughest signer of all five 007's.
    https://bondcollectibles.de/referencelibrary/sean_connery.php

A very good original 1967 book page, clearly signed in ink by both Sean Connery d2020 and his actress wife (1962-73) Diane Cilento d2011

Double mounted for fine display with photographs

A very sought after autograph and sadly commonly forged

https://www.memorabilia-uk.co.uk/p/sean-connery
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

About 80-90% of all Sean Connery autographs on the market are fakes or secretarials. Today's Sean Connery is impossible to get trough the mail and even in-person a tough signer. Most trough the mail autographs earlier in his career are scretarials or signed by his brother.

That's not proof of this one being a fake though.

You do understand? There are lots of fake Rolexes around, but that does not mean that every Rolex is fake. Yes?

I agree that's it's hard to get Connery to sign anything in person right now :))
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,353

You do understand? There are lots of fake Rolexes around, but that does not mean that every Rolex is fake. Yes?

I agree that's it's hard to get Connery to sign anything in person right now :))

Like i said earlier: It's impossible to prove it's a fake and it's impossible to prove it's real with these signatures.

You can buy a connery autograph card by rittenhouse for about 1000 gbp.
    They paid eon for the rights and connery for his signings and the cards have a seal.
    So much more likely to be real. I bought a connery and ursula card.
    I bought the ursula cards for about $200 now they are $800 plus.
    She hasn't signed any cards for a while.

I remember connery saying himself that most of the signed stuff is fake.
    I think it was on a talk show.

Dalton and rigg haven't signed any cards.

Do a search and you will get more info about connery sigs if you like.

Here's a DC auto card.
    s-l1600.jpg
    This looks easier for people to forge.
    zqn3ytwwjmmszqssbud5.jpg
    The European Union's highest court has broadened the definition of illegal emissions-cheating technology on Thursday, laying the groundwork for future lawsuits against Volkswagen Group.

Defeat devices were previously only considered illegal if they manipulated emissions tests after the emissions were produced.

The ruling now includes 'upstream' technology used in order to subvert government emissions tests – even if the claimed intention was to improve engine longevity.

The inclusion of 'upstream' technology potentially exposes Volkswagen Group to further lawsuits.

In September 2020, eight more Volkswagen employees were charged by German prosecutors for their alleged roles in the 'Dieselgate' saga.

It's estimated Volkswagen Group has paid out approximately $46.5 billion in fines, compensation, and vehicle buybacks since its diesel models were found to be cheating emissions tests in 2015.

Many diesel vehicles from Volkswagen, Audi and other manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz were found to meet the government-mandated emissions regulations under test conditions, but far exceeded limits when being driven in normal circumstances.

Bloody german crooks, there as bad as Bonham's..... :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Like i said earlier: It's impossible to prove it's a fake and it's impossible to prove it's real with these signatures.

They're a reputable company.
    I'm sorry to hear you bought a fake autograph.

A bit of fun. Although one of them looks like it's got a dodgy headlamp to me!

A bit of fun. Although one of them looks like it's got a dodgy headlamp to me!

Great stuff.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    NEver grow up ;-)
    Aston should make this next...... :)>-

Living-Daylights-Aston-Martin-Via-Bond-In-Motion-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=555&dpr=1.5
    Citroen SM Land Speed Racer

Eye candy of the finest sort! The Citroen SM on the trailer has been heavily modified to reach a speed of 202 mph (326 km/h) in 1985. When the original trailer was stolen, the people behind the project used another SM to convert it into a pickup and fitted the trailer with a hydropneumatic suspension. In true Citroen style, the trailer can now be lowered at the push of a button.

Citroen_SM_Rekord_2_c_Gooding.jpg

Citroen_SM_Rekord_1_c_Gooding.jpg

The duo can be yours, to be auctioned without reserve.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gorgeous!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This is fun, I just came across this photo of one of(!) Elton John's old Astons:

2001_CKS_06438_0015_000(030239).jpg?mode=max

https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-1984-aston-martin-v8-volante-2068201/

Check out the numberplate; only a few away from Bond's! :)
    Oh, yeah, nice plate, @mtm. I may repeat that elsewhere with credit.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2021 Posts: 14,948
    Surely the Bond car everyone wants to own?

https://mokeamerica.com/products/007-special-edition-moke

minimoke-020-0002.png?v=1606433699968

A snip at $27K

A snip at $27K

If i had money to waste and lived somewhere hot? It would be a purchase!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »

A snip at $27K

A snip at $27K

Somewhere hot ? I have the place for you...

In Wales :-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It was also so Good even Stromberg used one on the Liparus ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Heh! Portmerion? They were quite the rage there.
    Gerard wrote: »

A snip at $27K

A snip at $27K

Somewhere hot ? I have the place for you...

In Wales :-)

Maybe in the summer? :))
    Balls ! ...... Sorry Rover ;)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    If I had that kind of money, I'd construct one of those monorails from the "lairs", instead of buying a Mini Moke.

a couple of vids on the cars used in TMWTGG