Your deathbed film.

2»

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,378
    My favourite films are not peaceful enough for my deathbed (CR, Inglourious Basterds, Gladiator) which is why I would choose my favourite feel-good movie in the original language:
    Intouchables (2011)
  • Blade Runner if it's raining.
    Jurassic Park if it's sunny.
  • Oh and I concur with @QBranch. If it's anytime within the next few decades, No Time to Die. I would like to see it once before I go.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Benny wrote: »
    I'm changing my film. I love 'LOA'
    However my deathbed film would have to be...
    yvoe2yd2g8gc.jpg

You were expecting something else?

Damn good choice there, Benny, can't go wrong with that one (and what a fantastic poster that is too).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,105
    A Matter of Life and Death 1946
    1ccc6e5c21b3f446e8d22ce2db9f925c.jpeg
    a-matter-of-life-and-death-1946-e12667432677541.jpg
    0424cb0351037809d080dc8a62dd8717.jpeg
    e67375688b868ad4110810bbf367f400.jpeg
    Very surreal film an airman (David Niven) wrongly survives a plane crash and must contest against a celestial court for the right to remain on earth. One of the greatest films ever made and definately a consideration as a last film to watch.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Oh yes, A Matter of Life and Death would be a good one, though it makes the afterlife look a bit dull. And, like @Thunderfinger, I'd find Aristocats a comforting watch - probably the first film I saw, so why not make it the last too?
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Oh yes, A Matter of Life and Death would be a good one, though it makes the afterlife look a bit dull. And, like @Thunderfinger, I'd find Aristocats a comforting watch - probably the first film I saw, so why not make it the last too?

If I was picking Disney, then it can only be
    THE JUNGLE BOOK!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    At this time (subject to change within days or even hours) I would choose Giuseppe Tornatore's "The Legend of 1900", originally titled "La leggenda del pianista sull' oceano". For me, one of the most beautiful and moving films ever made, with one of Morricone's greatest scores. I prefer it even over Tornatore's "Cinema Paradiso". I don't think a pure comedy would do justice to the assumed occasion, but if I change my mind, I may just pick Billy Wilder's "One, Two, Three", IMO the funniest comedy he ever made. Which is saying something, considering the competition.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'd probably go for something different like The Neverending Story (1984). From Here to Eternity (1954}. It's a Wonderful Life (1946). No Time To Die (2020-something) would also be right on time.

More seriously: Groundhog Day (1993). Gemma Arterton and myself share that birth date, different year.

tumblr_pqy9jxUeVT1wvbetoo1_400.gifv

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!