No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Have we seen a quad variant of that design before? I can't remember.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 31
    patb wrote: »
    By the time this is released, we will have so many stills, we can stitch them togethr and watch the movie.

this
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    Have we seen a quad variant of that design before? I can't remember.

Only with DC
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited November 2020 Posts: 469
    Contraband wrote: »
    Article with Rami Malek in British GQ, out now.

Update: Stupid me. Interview already published

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/rami-malek-james-bond-no-time-to-die-interview

Huh, there is actually a surprising amount of new detail in here instead of just the usual roundabout.
    Perhaps the most significant is the detail about Safin pushing young Madeleine underwater - likely the thing that knits together with present Madeleine having the flashback at the ocean.
    I wonder now, would Madeleine have a fear of water? Would that become an important point in the movie? We do know at the end she has to sail off with Nomi and Mathilde, so maybe there will be a little about her overcoming the fear...
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Right now in Italy there is the "James Bond Is going to be a black woman" nonsense going on. People can't read, nor understand the basics differences (or english language) between 007 and James Bond. It's annoying. I've commented 4 posts in 10 minutes on an italian Bond fan facebook group all saying "I wOn'T gO tO sEe JaMeS bOnD mOvIe AnYmOrE"
    Oh
    My
    God
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Right now in Italy there is the "James Bond Is going to be a black woman" nonsense going on. People can't read, nor understand the basics differences (or english language) between 007 and James Bond. It's annoying. I've commented 4 posts in 10 minutes on an italian Bond fan facebook group all saying "I wOn'T gO tO sEe JaMeS bOnD mOvIe AnYmOrE"
    Oh
    My
    God

I would guess they will see the films once they've managed to work out what's actually going on. I wouldn't get too worried about it. There are a scary amount of stupid people out there, quite a lot of bigots too. Funny how the two subsets seem to overlap :>
    Oh
    My
    God

I would guess they will see the films once they've managed to work out what's actually going on. I wouldn't get too worried about it. There are a scary amount of stupid people out there, quite a lot of bigots too. Funny how the two subsets seem to overlap :>

Haha.. I thought you wrote quite a lot of bigfoots

:D
    French translation would be perfect in this video: Spectre (and NTTD)
    Olivier Schneider, Supervising stunt coordinator. Talking about Mexico helicopter fight plus cool BTS footage. I have never seen it before

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-magazine/france-2/20h30-le-samedi/video-james-bond-secrets-de-tournage-de-la-bagarre-dans-l-helicoptere-du-film-spectre-choregraphiee-par-un-francais_4172211.html
    Oh
    My
    God

That too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh
    My
    God

Ha! They're out there! :D
    Olivier Schneider, Supervising stunt coordinator. Talking about Mexico helicopter fight plus cool BTS footage. I have never seen it before

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-magazine/france-2/20h30-le-samedi/video-james-bond-secrets-de-tournage-de-la-bagarre-dans-l-helicoptere-du-film-spectre-choregraphiee-par-un-francais_4172211.html

That's terrific, I've not seen that footage before. Must be a lot of BTS stuff we've not seen.

The footage of them in the mockup of the copter is interesting: looks like it's kind of shot as a sort of animatic version of the scene if you know what I mean, with a camera shooting them so they can figure out how the final scene will be shot.
    Oh
    My
    God

Ha! They're out there! :D

That's terrific, I've not seen that footage before. Must be a lot of BTS stuff we've not seen.

The footage of them in the mockup of the copter is interesting: looks like it's kind of shot as a sort of animatic version of the scene if you know what I mean, with a camera shooting them so they can figure out how the final scene will be shot.

Yeah pretty cool BTS. They much effort in staging the fight scenes, that's for sure. If you didn't know, many major production usually have a team using previsualization - visualizing the complex scenes before filming it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's very cool- I don't think I've seen a Bond pre-viz before.

What I'd love to see again was when they were shooting that scene a newspaper had some footage of the doubles hanging off the side of the real helicopter in Mexico and fighting, but what was great was that they fought for ages. In the film it cuts back and forth, but it was actually almost more impressive watching the press footage because you get to see that it's a really long fight on the side of a real helicopter! Those stunt guys are amazing.
    It's very cool- I don't think I've seen a Bond pre-viz before.

What I'd love to see again was when they were shooting that scene a newspaper had some footage of the doubles hanging off the side of the real helicopter in Mexico and fighting, but what was great was that they fought for ages. In the film it cuts back and forth, but it was actually almost more impressive watching the press footage because you get to see that it's a really long fight on the side of a real helicopter! Those stunt guys are amazing.

I have several videos from that day of shooting the fight in Mexico and loads of stills
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The Cuban bar's cocktail/bevvy menu and gala event schedules as discussed earlier:

50578529406_757e5eb8c6_o.png

Another look here:

50578667317_b4f42d0ee6_o.png
    50578667142_aa1ae736ef_o.png

Note that the large yellow one says, 'Speeches in honour of the host'.
    QBranch wrote: »
    The Cuban bar's cocktail/bevvy menu and gala event schedules as discussed earlier:

50578667142_aa1ae736ef_o.png

Note that the large yellow one says, 'Speeches in honour of the host'.

@QBranch This menu is still a mystery. I have two Insta followers that worked on NTTD (and Spectre; Blenheim palace scene) as uncredited tuxedo dressed Spectre-members/guests. Both told me that they didn't see those menus at all on the Havana set in the bar or restaurant area. But then again, they might not had access to the full set during filming.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @QBranch This menu is still a mystery. I have two Insta followers that worked on NTTD (and Spectre; Blenheim palace scene) as uncredited tuxedo dressed Spectre-members/guests. Both told me that they didn't see those menus at all on the Havana set in the bar or restaurant area. But then again, they might not had access to the full set during filming.
    There does look to be menus standing on the bar and table in that 'main unit crew' group shot from October last year, and when Bond lands on the bar with all the bottles. Although, they are indeed a different design to the ones at auction. Sometimes certain props made for production are scrapped in favour of a different design. What we're seeing above could very well be scrapped designs. We shall see.
    QBranch wrote: »
    There does look to be menus standing on the bar and table in that 'main unit crew' group shot from October last year, and when Bond lands on the bar with all the bottles. Although, they are indeed a different design to the ones at auction. Sometimes certain props made for production are scrapped in favour of a different design. What we're seeing above could very well be scrapped designs. We shall see.

Yeah could be. They do look a real prop. Time will tell

edited November 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Brand new Spitting Image episode - Bond music parody with Billie and Adele puppets and Craig. Starts at 16:11

This is pretty sick

Brand new Spitting Image episode - Bond music parody with Billie and Adele puppets and Craig. Starts at 16:11

I'm definitely one of the guys on the couch.
    I wish they would release the screenplay as a treat to fans.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 3,160
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    So much for that secret...................... and the startling reaction of the audience when M asks for 007.

Much like the Eve as MP reveal towards the end of SF.

No surprise there, since it's becoming well-known that the Bond franchise will follow the woke footprints of other popular franchises - Terminator, Star Wars etc where most men are made - or turned into - villains or wimps. Much like Craig's Bond slowly has evolved with all this personal demons/familiy issues/emotional stuff.

At least there will still be Tom Cruise to satisfy my need for pure testosterone entertainment!
    Footage of crew prepping cranes and wires for the stunt jump at Gravina bridge. Not much really but still

https://www.facebook.com/GravinaeilsuoHabitatRupestre/videos/416986998927907/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I may as well mention it here as it's the closest thing to a general news thread (and I can't find the relevant thread due to the search function being useless! :) ) but BBC Radio 4 are repeating their adaptation of Thunderball this weekend, with Moonraker the week after.

If any mods would like to move it to the relevant thread I'd be grateful.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Spoilers if you’re avoiding any plot details or educated speculation .

https://screenrant.com/no-time-die-soundtrack-story-reveals-teases/
    talos7 wrote: »

Not a single spoiler in that article plus he has got many things wrong or in the wrong order at least
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »

Not a single spoiler in that article plus he has got many things wrong or in the wrong order at least
    Geez, spoiler to most familiar with the production? No
    I put a spoiler “ warning” because to someone it may contain something they don’t want to know.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    pattabra wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    By the time this is released, we will have so many stills, we can stitch them togethr and watch the movie.

this

You can already do it.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,548
    I am wondering if DC will make an April appearance on Premier League Live, our NBC studio show that is on before and during matches. It's hosted by Rebecca Lowe. The Saturday before NTTD premieres would seem appropriate, to promote the film. BTW: NBC is owned by Universal.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Mark my words: the film will not release in April.