Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

Donald Trump has just tweeted ... that he & Melania have tested positive for COVID-19.

The plot twists on this show are insane. I hope the writers know where this is going, because so far 2020 feels like the work of a madman. I'm afraid to know what the season finale has in store...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Only a matter of time before Mickey will have to run the house while Donald is away.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,539
    Only a matter of time before Mickey will have to run the house while Donald is away.

:D :D :D

Ah well, COVID-19 is a liberal hoax, so Donald has nothing to fear. ;-)

You know, I don't want the man to die a horrible death, but I'm not sure I want to wish him the very best just like that. Inhumane? Perhaps, but since he wasn't willing to acknowledge the tragedy of tons of families before, maybe he finally might after doing some suffering himself.

Also, he might want to drink some bleach. See if that helps. So no, Donald doesn't have to recover that fast. Let him spend some time thinking about all the nonsense he's been spreading since February and about all those thousands of people who have died because their leader told them that it would all just mysteriously "go away". Let him, for once, do something useful by proving himself wrong.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

:D :D :D

Ah well, COVID-19 is a liberal hoax, so Donald has nothing to fear. ;-)

You know, I don't want the man to die a horrible death, but I'm not sure I want to wish him the very best just like that. Inhumane? Perhaps, but since he wasn't willing to acknowledge the tragedy of tons of families before, maybe he finally might after doing some suffering himself.

Also, he might want to drink some bleach. See if that helps. So no, Donald doesn't have to recover that fast. Let him spend some time thinking about all the nonsense he's been spreading since February and about all those thousands of people who have died because their leader told them that it would all just mysteriously "go away". Let him, for once, do something useful by proving himself wrong.

I'm sure he's been injecting bleach hourly, just like he offered up as a possible suggestion. Then again, there'd be no reason to do such a thing since it's merely a hoax, so I wonder how he has something that couldn't possibly exist. It's quite the mental conundrum.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Don's now at Walter Reed medical center, all my thoughts & prayers.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    They have a lot of bleach there if that's what he wants.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Of course he as president isn't getting bleach, but the (experimental) antibody treatment.

'All animals are equal, but some animals are squieeking lou...' no, wait. It goes differently.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    He will be fine, they got him a new coloring book with crayons. He is also taking Flintstones vitamins.
    Looks like we may be going into total lockdown by weekend here in Ireland!!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Looks like we may be going into total lockdown by weekend here in Ireland!!

I hope not, but we're well under way for the same thing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Italy is reaching April's numbers of new daily cases, but as you can see in the picture below people in IC is far lower. That's encouraging.

rosso%20ok-kdkE-U32101701874828E8G-593x443@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.jpg?v=202010050957
    I'm stunned. They give Trump a completely expirimental trestment and the guy (still under the influence perhaps?) proclaims people shouldn't let it influence their lives. Oh, sorry, 210.000 Americans did just that......

@matt_u that's the difference in testing I guess. Gives you an idea how many people were actually infected in the first wave. In this country we're going the same way, with now 4500 new cases in 24 hours. The hospital-numbers are going up as well, but not as much (yet) as in march.
    I said he still may be under influence, I can now safely say he's utterly reckless. He's pulled the plug on the stimulus bill, he's claimed the flu is deadlier than Covid. People, a dire warning, the president of the USA has gone unhinged, even for his (very low) standards. He's on drugs and those drugs are making him reckless. Might be the stereoids he's been taking to battle covid. Whatever has done this to him, it's made him a danger to everybody, from white-hoyse aides to Kim Jung Un. Next he'll probably sanction China again....
    I said he still may be under influence, I can now safely say he's utterly reckless. He's pulled the plug on the stimulus bill, he's claimed the flu is deadlier than Covid. People, a dire warning, the president of the USA has gone unhinged, even for his (very low) standards. He's on drugs and those drugs are making him reckless. Might be the stereoids he's been taking to battle covid. Whatever has done this to him, it's made him a danger to everybody, from white-hoyse aides to Kim Jung Un. Next he'll probably sanction China again....

They elected an unhinged person without standards. He's just become more unhinged as time as passed – and now with Covid on top of it…

They elected an unhinged person without standards. He's just become more unhinged as time as passed – and now with Covid on top of it…

Ok, maybe I should say it differently: up until now his behaviour has been (limited) predictable, with some definate limits (concious or unconcious). Now, however, he comes over as if he's drunk or on cocaine. He's moving faster in every direction, even more focussed on show. Not caring about the consequences. And if he gets backlash, he'll double down on it. I've refrained up until now to say too much abut it because 1. my opinions of people don't change them and 2. Every country get's the president they deserve. Americans are free to choose whomever they like. But this goes beyond that and I'm genuinly concerned that the biggest economy in the world is now in the hands of someone under the influence of substance.
  • People, a dire warning, the president of the USA has gone unhinged, even for his (very low) standards. He's on drugs and those drugs are making him reckless. Might be the stereoids he's been taking to battle covid.

Ok, maybe I should say it differently: up until now his behaviour has been (limited) predictable, with some definate limits (concious or unconcious). Now, however, he comes over as if he's drunk or on cocaine.

It's definitely the steroids. Reckless is an understatement. If steroids are off-limits for athletes the same should apply to politicians.

Ok, maybe I should say it differently: up until now his behaviour has been (limited) predictable, with some definate limits (concious or unconcious). Now, however, he comes over as if he's drunk or on cocaine. He's moving faster in every direction, even more focussed on show. Not caring about the consequences. And if he gets backlash, he'll double down on it. I've refrained up until now to say too much abut it because 1. my opinions of people don't change them and 2. Every country get's the president they deserve. Americans are free to choose whomever they like. But this goes beyond that and I'm genuinly concerned that the biggest economy in the world is now in the hands of someone under the influence of substance.

Couldn't agree more, @CommanderRoss. It's very worrying to say the least.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    echo wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    There's a deeper more insidious aspect to this delay and other issues currently plaguing the world. I also apologize for my earlier post, but my frustration is aimed at the larger, more systemic problems here.

The people constantly capitulating and being nice about this are part of the problem. Men of the West, what has happened to our spine?!? Are we the same "men" that fought and won two world wars in the last century? Or are we spineless soy-boys?

Obviously we are becoming the latter. See, closing down cinemas and other businesses NEVER should have been allowed. Mask mandates, regardless of their effectiveness, are merely a symptom of a larger totalitarian push towards complete and utter control of every aspect of our lives. It's the slowly boiling frog scenario played out before us.

9/11 was similar. The Patriot Act, supposedly created to protect us from future attacks, merely suspends habeas corpus. In other words, if you are suspected of being a terrorist they can lock you up without a phone call, a lawyer, a trial, or anything, forever and ever. Red flag laws are of a congruent vein. Yet the Patriot Act was a generation ago and few people today understand its devious implications.

Same thing is happening here. They are disrupting society in order to push fear, control, and an agenda of shifting loyalties towards the state; the only thing that can save you so do what you're told! Imagine the level of control they will have 20 years from now, 50, 100! Think of what your children, conditioned along this same line of capitulation, will face in the coming generations. It's beyond Orwell's worst nightmare.

Sorry for being off topic a bit here, but this delay is part of the new normal. If you think things will be better in April and then it's all back to the way things were... I got a bridge to sell you. :))

Um, no to all of this. We are facing a once-in-100-years (we hope) pandemic. Shutting businesses down and telling people to stay home saves lives. Think of your fellow human.

It’s indeed a short sighted thought. The only way the economy will start to recover is AFTER the virus has been neutralized. Trying to reopen during a pandemic only prolongs it and further hurts the economy. Luckily, the US has an election coming up, so voting out the bozos that clearly have no idea what they’re doing will be a step in the right direction.
    Right. To put in another bozo who barely remembers what day of the year this is. And who tells our kids to go home and listen to the phonograph and to turn on the record player. Lol!!! But nope, this guy has it all together and will surely solve our problems.

No thanks. I’ll stick with the current bozo. Who will win anyway, by the by.

Lol, okay @ringfire211 let's see how that works out.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    American counterpart to the Belgian and Dutch letters.

https://gbdeclaration.org/
    American counterpart to the Belgian and Dutch letters.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Good to see the Russians are up to their usual antics.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Coronavirus Australia: Prime Minister Scott Morrison accused of failing on aged care on ABC’s 7.30 program
    Prime Minister Scott Morrison has copped a lashing from veteran reporter Leigh Sales, who savaged his handling of the aged care crisis.

Sales told Mr Morrison that three-quarters of Australia’s COVID-19 fatalities – a total of 673 people – had been linked to aged care facilities, which are the responsibility of the federal government, and demanded to know how the government managed to “fail so comprehensively to prevent this tragedy?”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/coronavirus-australia-prime-minister-scott-morrison-accused-of-failing-on-aged-care-on-abcs-730/news-story/c2bd69ded9c4faca39564a6259ac7453

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    NYT just disclosed that the antibody cocktail that Trump got and promised to give free to everyone affected is based on, or produced from, fetal tissue generated from abortions. I sure hope that at least the mouse-based ingredients will be ok for his Evangelicals. He won't worry abou the Humane Society.
    foul-bishop-of-bath-and-wells.jpg
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Why the one million coronavirus death toll is probably much higher in reality

Professor Alan Lopez from the University of Melbourne — a leading international expert on the burden of disease — said the death toll is probably not accurate, and there were a few reasons for this.

The first is that we don't know how each of those one million deaths was counted, as well as how many deaths have simply not been counted.

Professor Lopez estimates the true number could be somewhere around 1.8 million

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-01/johns-hopkins-coronavirus-covid-death-toll-probably-much-higher/12716740
    Broadway to keep all shows shuttered until May 2021:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/theater/broadway-reopening.html
    Meanwhile, stupid students in my country are mardi gras'ing themselves through the nights, causing one corona disaster after the other. Pubs are overstuffed, youngsters do not maintain any distance. Is it wrong that I want these fools to suffer?
    Meanwhile, stupid students in my country are mardi gras'ing themselves through the nights, causing one corona disaster after the other. Pubs are overstuffed, youngsters do not maintain any distance. Is it wrong that I want these fools to suffer?

Not in the slightest. I get a bit of satisfaction out of it, personally.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Exactly. As I was walking home from work today, I passed a bunch of teens who were sharing beer bottles (at 4.15 PM!), vaping tools and a box of cookies. My look must have said, "wait, whut?" I mean, come the ef on! We're in about the worst state we've ever been in since March, and they're just screwing it up for the rest of us.

Exactly. As I was walking home from work today, I passed a bunch of teens who were sharing beer bottles (at 4.15 PM!), vaping tools and a box of cookies. My look must have said, "wait, whut?" I mean, come the ef on! We're in about the worst state we've ever been in since March, and they're just screwing it up for the rest of us.

They seem like the types who will shout endlessly about how fake the coronavirus is, only to finally take it seriously when they catch it themselves.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

They seem like the types who will shout endlessly about how fake the coronavirus is, only to finally take it seriously when they catch it themselves.

Or like certain national leaders not learn a damn thing at all.