Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    echo wrote: »
    Remember when experts like Dr faucci were saying the same thing once and downplaying the virus like most leaders, funny how it works out
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the

https://mobile.reuters.com/video/watch/idOVC3S6T3Z

Are you saying we shouldn't continue to find out as much as we can about this virus?

Where did i said that?

You seemed to be implying that Faucci made some kind of scientific error by not knowing everything about the pandemic when it was still in its early stages, when in reality his opinion on the virus was evolving along with the virus.

The difference is, scientists learn from evidence and adapt their theories as such, while some others prefer to stick to their original ideas and live in the dark.

That's not what i meant, just like faucci certain leaders like Trump was also adapting and making their opinions on the virus but they still get blamed for it.

Trump has never once changed his opinion on the virus, or evolved in any way regarding anything. Comparing Trump to Faucci is basically why the USA has had the absolute worst response to the virus compared to any other country.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Remember when experts like Dr faucci were saying the same thing once and downplaying the virus like most leaders, funny how it works out
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the

Are you saying we shouldn't continue to find out as much as we can about this virus?

Where did i said that?

You seemed to be implying that Faucci made some kind of scientific error by not knowing everything about the pandemic when it was still in its early stages, when in reality his opinion on the virus was evolving along with the virus.

The difference is, scientists learn from evidence and adapt their theories as such, while some others prefer to stick to their original ideas and live in the dark.

That's not what i meant, just like faucci certain leaders like Trump was also adapting and making their opinions on the virus but they still get blamed for it.

Trump has never once changed his opinion on the virus, or evolved in any way regarding anything. Comparing Trump to Faucci is basically why the USA has had the absolute worst response to the virus compared to any other country.

I respectfully disagree, his words has been taken out of context, most of the times. Also, i was under the impression Trump was the first to act against the spread of C19 with his China travel ban at the end of January while others were calling him racist. He also did the things in this attachment by March 15th even though Fauci and the democrats said the virus was not that serious up to March 15th.
    a comprehensive school in our town has had to close a year and bring in other measures after parents had their kid tested for COVID and then sent the kid to school! Test came back positive a few days later. Should be an offence IMHO (very easy to prove)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Where did i said that?

I respectfully disagree, his words has been taken out of context, most of the times. Also, i was under the impression Trump was the first to act against the spread of C19 with his China travel ban at the end of January while others were calling him racist. He also did the things in this attachment by March 15th even though Fauci and the democrats said the virus was not that serious up to March 15th.

Awesome. So we're actually defending the nitwit who cried "Corona is a liberal hoax!", "Don't wear masks!", "It'll all just go away". What context am I missing? Also, this despot is telling his people they should lock up a politician who's actually trying to keep things under control. So the man compared to whom the village idiot looks like he's got it quite together is just a misunderstood saviour of the people? What's next; Corona is fake news? Build a wall to keep the virus out?

Yes, we all had it wrong up to March 15th. But we're half a year later now and most of us have learned a lot since. So have most if not all of the Democrats. But not America's most famous doofus. Nor his proud followers who are forming armed militias in response to a virus. I'm not sure the meaning of the word is quite clear to them...
    patb wrote: »
    a comprehensive school in our town has had to close a year and bring in other measures after parents had their kid tested for COVID and then sent the kid to school! Test came back positive a few days later. Should be an offence IMHO (very easy to prove)

People do strange things when they are afraid or confused but indeed, this is inexcusable.
    Darth - the context you are missing is that Trump is deranged. Once you consider that, he makes perfect sense.
    Darth - the context you are missing is that Trump is deranged. Once you consider that, he makes perfect sense.

Silly me. You're right. I'm still somehow thinking of him an actual leader with some intelligence. I keep making the same mistake over and over again. That's how hard it is for me to accept that America is now under rulership of Goofy the dog.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 7,500
    It

If it was only that... As big a problem as him being deranged is the fact that he is an evil sociopath (he lacks any of the outward charm that would make him a psycopath).

When he was informed a dangerous pandemic was threatening the country his response was not; "how can I make sure lives are protected?", it was; "how can I make sure this doesn't affect my reelection campaign?" His priority was to save the economy at all costs. (His plan has backfired spectacularly though...) He has proved beyond any doubt that he doesn't give a toss if his actions put hundreds of thousands of lives at risk as long as he thinks it will give him the best chances of reelection.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Where did i said that?

So you're defending Trump based upon his response to the coronavirus?

Please go watch something other than Fox News.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Where did i said that?

Awesome. So we're actually defending the nitwit who cried "Corona is a liberal hoax!", "Don't wear masks!", "It'll all just go away". What context am I missing? Also, this despot is telling his people they should lock up a politician who's actually trying to keep things under control. So the man compared to whom the village idiot looks like he's got it quite together is just a misunderstood saviour of the people? What's next; Corona is fake news? Build a wall to keep the virus out?

Yes, we all had it wrong up to March 15th. But we're half a year later now and most of us have learned a lot since. So have most if not all of the Democrats. But not America's most famous doofus. Nor his proud followers who are forming armed militias in response to a virus. I'm not sure the meaning of the word is quite clear to them...

People do strange things when they are afraid or confused but indeed, this is inexcusable.

Where did he actually said it was hoax? as for taking things out of context, especially his comment on taking bleach, he never actually said that people should drink bleach.
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/11/joe-biden/no-trump-didnt-tell-americans-infected-coronavirus/

But of course blame the orange man for everything, most forget Pelosi in late February encouraging people to ignore Trump’s warnings and come on down to Chinatown! just a few weeks after Trump's China travel ban.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pelosi-encouraged-public-gatherings-in-late-february-weeks-after-trumps-china-travel-ban

Cuomo and de Blasio telling people it’s blown out of proportion and keep going out! Keep your nightlife going! Go see those plays and movies! All the way into March! But blame Trump. Also, Cuomo, Wolf and 3 other Democrat governors FORCING nursing homes to take in Covid positive patients into the highest-risk population! These deaths accounted for about 42% of the fatalities from Covid. But again, blame Trump for it.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2020/05/26/nursing-homes-assisted-living-facilities-0-6-of-the-u-s-population-43-of-u-s-covid-19-deaths/#1aeffeac74cd

Lastly, a few months back most of of the deaths were in three states: New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. Wanna guess which political party those governors represent?
    https://spectator.org/coronavirus-deaths-the-most-predictive-factor/
    Leftists has become beyond ridiculous at this point, well it's no win for orange man anyways.

I didn't wanted to make this debate political, but tired of members bitching about Trump is responsible for everything, this is the first and last time i am stating these facts, people can go on bitching about it for day's if they want.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 1,314
    Ill never understand why people view their own favoured political leaders as infallible.

Politics isnt like supporting a football team. You don't stick with them through thick and thin - you hold each and every decision made, up to some kind of scrutiny.

Trump suggested at a press conference injecting disinfectant into the human body as a cleaning process. He didn't say we should drink bleach. His defence for this is sarcasm.

The simple fact here is, is it appropriate for the President to publicly talk in this manner. The answer is categorically no.

I have been waiting all along to see what the trigger is for him going after Fauci. It was inevitable. Surely even the most unintelligent person can see a pattern - criticise the president, prepare to have your integrity attacked. Its happened over and over.

He has built a narrative that all critical news is fake news, so he has an excuse for everything. There are chilling parallels between this and the worst type of despots and demagogues throughout history.

He consistently lays the blame at the feet of others. Even if this is true, We have to ask why has he surrounded himself by such a band of incompetents.

Lastly, irrespective of his political beliefs, he has the manners of a Sow. He is rude, arrogant, bullying, cruel, vindictive and shows no empathy and compassion.

if that's what you want from your leaders, I dont understand it.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Where did i said that?

Where did he actually said it was hoax? as for taking things out of context, especially his comment on taking bleach, he never actually said that people should drink bleach.
    https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/11/joe-biden/no-trump-didnt-tell-americans-infected-coronavirus/

But of course blame the orange man for everything, most forget Pelosi in late February encouraging people to ignore Trump’s warnings and come on down to Chinatown! just a few weeks after Trump's China travel ban.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pelosi-encouraged-public-gatherings-in-late-february-weeks-after-trumps-china-travel-ban

Cuomo and de Blasio telling people it’s blown out of proportion and keep going out! Keep your nightlife going! Go see those plays and movies! All the way into March! But blame Trump. Also, Cuomo, Wolf and 3 other Democrat governors FORCING nursing homes to take in Covid positive patients into the highest-risk population! These deaths accounted for about 42% of the fatalities from Covid. But again, blame Trump for it.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2020/05/26/nursing-homes-assisted-living-facilities-0-6-of-the-u-s-population-43-of-u-s-covid-19-deaths/#1aeffeac74cd

Lastly, a few months back most of of the deaths were in three states: New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. Wanna guess which political party those governors represent?
    Leftists has become beyond ridiculous at this point, well it's no win for orange man anyways.

I didn't wanted to make this debate political, but tired of members bitching about Trump is responsible for everything, this is the first and last time i am stating these facts, people can go on bitching about it for day's if they want.

Trump's the leader of the free world, hopefully for not much longer. Of COURSE he's responsible.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Trump's the leader of the free world,.
    ...Shudder...
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,449
    Since when is this a political debate? I am not politically affiliated with anyone or anything, and certainly not with something like the binary American system. My anger towards Trump isn't about the Left vs. the Right. I'm neither a "Rightist" nor a "Leftist", and certainly not in this discussion because this virus doesn't care about politics. Attacking Trump in the matter means attacking a policy that enables the virus rather than fights it, that kills people rather than saves them. There's no pro-Joe subtext in these posts. There's only the painful observation that one of the most powerful people in the world laughs the pandemic and mouthemasks off.

So Trump is basically like the Catholic Church telling AIDS patients in Africa not to use condoms. Trump's rhetoric is no better than the Vatican's; in fact, it's worse. His manipulations, demagogy and "fake news" tweets ridicule experts' attempts to get the virus under control. His followers put their trust in him like mindless toddlers in their parents and take risk upon risk upon risk, infecting themselves and others in the process, all because they kiss Trump's feet. They don't think for themselves; they merely absorb a fallacious reasoning and reproduce it like it were a collection of religious verses. I teach 15-year olds who look at data and consider simple facts and understand the gravity of the situation and the importance of wearing masks, keeping their distance, restricting the number of people they hang out with. If teens can do it, why are so many grown-up Bible-belters in America incapable of doing the same? Because they cling to Trump like brainwashed cultists to their deceitful leaders; because they have stopped thinking ages ago.

Meanwhile, people die... People die because the symbol of authority in America downplays the seriousness of the virus, mocks the simple and effective measures we have to stay safe from it, promises vaccines when they won't yet be available and calls Fauci, who actually knows what a virus is, "an idiot" who has been around "for 500 years" and who would have been responsible for "500 000 deaths" if we had listened to him. Trump spits and angers, he insults and lies. But he doesn't do anything constructive. And this is a... what's the word... leader?

In times of a crisis like this, a good leader stops thinking about the next election and starts doing what he can to unite his people in a common war against a common enemy. Trump doesn't do that; he's forgotten the principle duties of a president. He only cares about the soap opera called the next election. Keeping Chinese airplanes off American soil half a year ago... yes, that was his one valuable contribution.

Leaders were decapitated for far less than this in the days of the French Revolution. But that doesn't happen anymore because most of us have evolved... except Trump himself. He and his followers see Corona as a political game. Blame Trump for not doing anything useful and you're accused of being a Leftist, a Liberal, a corona hysteric, a whatever. Only Trump and his followers cannot see past the politics; everyone else understands that this pandemic is neither a game, nor a discriminatory thing. It's not about who's right, it's about who is willing do what's right to protect himself, his family, friends and fellow man from a potentially lethal infection. We don't ask much, just keep the bleep away from each other for a short while. But many don't out of some misplaced loyalty to a man who has proven himself impotent, unwilling and even malevolent during this crisis. And because of that, "a short while" continues to grow longer.

We left politics behind us in February, when it started to become clear that corona wouldn't go out on a whim. Hate him or love him; we were looking at Trump for a good policy. It's America after all, the self-proclaimed superior nation in the world. America has all the answers, no? It has the tech, the know-how, the people and the collective wisdom of its people, no? One nation, people united like good patriots--*insert Goldsmith's theme from Air Force One*--touched by the Stars & Stripes flag, no? Brave, smart, advanced, modern, no? Ask America what it will do for its country during this crisis, and it will do that very thing. No?

_112376306_gettyimages-1212445762.jpg

No.

That America is no more.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Thanks to @DarthDimi for knowing what's in my head somehow but saying it in a much more eloquent way than I ever could.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Where did i said that?

Whilst you are catching up on februari, you might want to check when and where Mr. Trump is keeping his political rallies, yes, that's right, in oktober, whilst the numbers of infected people are going further up.

You know what New York, Massachussett and New Jersey also have in common, next to democrtic leadership? A high population density. Now what do you think is more relevant to the pandemic, the colour of political leadership, or how close people on average live together?

Yes, Cuomo and De Blasio got it wrong at the start, and they backtracked on their words quick enough. Again, we're not living in februari. Do you know who still hasn't backtracked on his words, but said the virus would 'go away' by april? His name starts with a T....

Trump is responsible for the United States, he is, after all, the president. Yes, he closed the borders early to China, but that had more to do with his trade war with them, and he didn't keep it up. On the contrary, he's been effectively pushing back on basic guidelines to keep people safe, like social distancing and face masks.

social distancing Trump-style:

Where did i said that?

When did he say it was a hoax?

No, he didn't say people should drink bleach, but he did suggest injecting it which is even worse:

Since when is this a political debate? I am not politically affiliated with anyone or anything, and certainly not with something like the binary American system. My anger towards Trump isn't about the Left vs. the Right. I'm neither a "Rightist" nor a "Leftist", and certainly not in this discussion because this virus doesn't care about politics. Attacking Trump in the matter means attacking a policy that enables the virus rather than fights it, that kills people rather than saves them. There's no pro-Joe subtext in these posts. There's only the painful observation that one of the most powerful people in the world laughs the pandemic and mouthemasks off.

So Trump is basically like the Catholic Church telling AIDS patients in Africa not to use condoms. Trump's rhetoric is no better than the Vatican's; in fact, it's worse. His manipulations, demagogy and "fake news" tweets ridicule experts' attempts to get the virus under control. His followers put their trust in him like mindless toddlers in their parents and take risk upon risk upon risk, infecting themselves and others in the process, all because they kiss Trump's feet. They don't think for themselves; they merely absorb a fallacious reasoning and reproduce it like it were a collection of religious verses. I teach 15-year olds who look at data and consider simple facts and understand the gravity of the situation and the importance of wearing masks, keeping their distance, restricting the number of people they hang out with. If teens can do it, why are so many grown-up Bible-belters in America incapable of doing the same? Because they cling to Trump like brainwashed cultists to their deceitful leaders; because they have stopped thinking ages ago.

Meanwhile, people die... People die because the symbol of authority in America downplays the seriousness of the virus, mocks the simple and effective measures we have to stay safe from it, promises vaccines when they won't yet be available and calls Fauci, who actually knows what a virus is, "an idiot" who has been around "for 500 years" and who would have been responsible for "500 000 deaths" if we had listened to him. Trump spits and angers, he insults and lies. But he doesn't do anything constructive. And this is a... what's the word... leader?

In times of a crisis like this, a good leader stops thinking about the next election but starts doing what he can to unite his people in a common war against a common enemy. Trump doesn't do that; he's forgotten the principle duties of a president. He only cares about the soap opera called the next election. Keeping Chinese airplanes off American soil half a year ago... yes, that was his one valuable contribution.

Leaders were decapitated for far less than this in the days of the French Revolution. But that doesn't happen anymore because most of us have evolved... except Trump himself. He and his followers see Corona as a political game. Blame Trump for not doing anything useful and you're accused of being a Leftist, a Liberal, a corona hysteric, a whatever. Only Trump and his followers cannot see past the politics; everyone else understands that this pandemic is neither a game, nor a discriminatory thing. It's not about who's right, it's about who is willing do what's right to protect himself, his family, friends and fellow man from a potentially lethal infection. We don't ask much, just keep the bleep away from each other for a short while. But many don't out of some misplaced loyalty to a man who has proven himself impotent, unwilling and even malevolent during this crisis. And because of that, "a short while" continues to grow longer.

We left politics behind us in February, when it started to become clear that corona wouldn't go out on a whim. Hate him or love him; we were looking at Trump for a good policy. It's America after all, the self-proclaimed superior nation in the world. America has all the answers, no? It has the tech, the know-how, the people and the collective wisdom of its people, no? One nation, people united like good patriots--*insert Goldsmith's theme from Air Force One*--touched by the Stars & Stripes flag, no? Brave, smart, advanced, modern, no? Ask America what it will do for its country during this crisis, and it will do that very thing. No?

No.

That America is no more.

Very well written, my friend, and so on point! ^:)^
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Well, unfortunately today I received a positive result from my test the other day. Symptoms are mild thankfully; no serious respiratory issues but a lot of fatigue and pain the last while, along with a lack of sense of taste and smell. Unfortunately, I live with two high-risk people so isolating from them will be priority.
    Best of luck to you and those you live with. I hope the symptoms will stay mild and only decrease from there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well, unfortunately today I received a positive result from my test the other day. Symptoms are mild thankfully; no serious respiratory issues but a lot of fatigue and pain the last while, along with a lack of sense of taste and smell. Unfortunately, I live with two high-risk people so isolating from them will be priority.

Take care of yourself, hopefully you're better sooner rather than later and it doesn't get too serious or unbearable for you.

Take good care, @CraigMooreOHMSS. I hope you'll recover soon and without complications. Please keep us informed, friend.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Hope you and the people close to you come out alright, @CraigMooreOHMSS. My thoughts are with you.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Take care my friend! Keep us informed on your progress!

Where did i said that?

Whilst you are catching up on februari, you might want to check when and where Mr. Trump is keeping his political rallies, yes, that's right, in oktober, whilst the numbers of infected people are going further up.

You know what New York, Massachussett and New Jersey also have in common, next to democrtic leadership? A high population density. Now what do you think is more relevant to the pandemic, the colour of political leadership, or how close people on average live together?

Yes, Cuomo and De Blasio got it wrong at the start, and they backtracked on their words quick enough. Again, we're not living in februari. Do you know who still hasn't backtracked on his words, but said the virus would 'go away' by april? His name starts with a T....

Trump is responsible for the United States, he is, after all, the president. Yes, he closed the borders early to China, but that had more to do with his trade war with them, and he didn't keep it up. On the contrary, he's been effectively pushing back on basic guidelines to keep people safe, like social distancing and face masks.

social distancing Trump-style:

Incase you didn't follow through, those articles that i posted are from May- June as well, also there are elections going on as far as i am aware for those political rallies, still i would agree that it's not right to have them especially at this point of time.

Your point about density, Florida and Texas are also densely populated but have less cases than those Democratic states. Ignoring facts that democrats messed up big time won't prove your point
    jobo wrote: »

Where did i said that?

When did he say it was a hoax?

No, he didn't say people should drink bleach, but he did suggest injecting it which is even worse:

In times of a crisis like this, a good leader stops thinking about the next election but starts doing what he can to unite his people in a common war against a common enemy. Trump doesn't do that; he's forgotten the principle duties of a president. He only cares about the soap opera called the next election. Keeping Chinese airplanes off American soil half a year ago... yes, that was his one valuable contribution.

No.

That America is no more.

Very well written, my friend, and so on point! ^:)^

Yawn, he said "democrats are politicizing the corona virus and this is their new hoax", he didn't said corona is hoax. Although, i wonder why would anyone needs to cut clips like that? Oh gee, is it because they wanted to prove something he didn't said? At least you did try to show some facts even when they aren't, here's an detail article about his comments, https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Ironic, people think i am pro trump while they can't see their anti-trump comments most of the times here, their constant whining on thing's he haven't said, when asked to indulge in actual discussion to back it up with some actual facts they change the goal posts every now and then, making false presumptions that the facts that i posted is either fox news (while nowhere in my comments i posted it from Fox) or i am asking to not learn about this virus more. No, i am not trump fan or follower of any political leaders,apparently stating facts somehow makes me his follower. Anti Trump squad care more about Trump's manners rather than his actions. I won't deny that he sometimes talks shit but that doesn't change facts that i put forth.

It's weird when people praise democrats and says that "they have learned from their mistakes" while most of the death tolls came from their States and the same time wants to blame Trump for it. By that comment it's evidently clear if one is being political or not. Yes virus doesn't care about politics but like it or not politics will play a big part to stop it. But i know orange man will be blamed for it.
    The governor of New York can send Covid infected people into nursing homes and cause loads of deaths but "Trump is the evil one for downplaying da virus, REEEEEEE!".

If he had actually done this they would have just dragged him for "causing a panic" or wherever. The guy can't do anything without the media putting it in the worst possible light. I find it very telling that the MSM lecturing about the President lying about COVID-19, but having been hyping about the "Butcher's Bill" concerning COVID-19. That's the "pot calling the kettle black." My nephew was deathly ill when he was a child. I told him everything was going to be ok, and that before we knew it, everything would be back to normal. Am I lying to him? No, I am sharing my optimism with him so that we will be stronger and to keep up our morale. What good am I doing by panicking, and telling my nephew he's going to die and how things will never be the same without him? Part of the president's job is to keep up the morale of the citizenry, and to try and prevent panic buying of goods, looting and riots, or panic selling of stocks. But of course, for the left, mathematics and understanding how the economy works is like trying to teach a llama French verbs.

Leftists: "Trump did nothing!"
    Me: "He tried to ban travel from China"
    Leftists: "Well that's just because he's racist, also for his trade wars everyone knows it came from Europe anyways, but all right that one his only valuable contribution.
    Me: 😒.

No you aren't a leftists, you just sound identical to one, just like me stating facts somehow makes me a trump follower. When the WHO lied about the virus and masks being inefficient it was fine cause they did not wanna spread a panic. When the head of the state lies about the virus and how bad it can be so that he doesn’t spread panic, you’re downplaying the situation, and it’s wroooong. Neither of them have taken their words back.
    I am done here, would take some time off from the forum, wouldn't want to piss off mods so they would ban me for stating facts.

Also @CraigMooreOHMSS get well soon buddy, i had symptoms last month, so i can understand how you feel.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Thank goodness @CraigMooreOHMSS it's nothing major. You and your loved ones will be alright.

Good luck and take care
    Yawn, he said "democrats are politicizing the corona virus and this is their new hoax", he didn't said corona is hoax.
    He was referring to the severity of the possible problem Corona would pose, and the need for severe precautions. The 'hoax' proved to be true AND warranted.
    Dude, you need to stop sniffing glue.
    :P
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,541
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Yawn, he said "democrats are politicizing the corona virus and this is their new hoax", he didn't said corona is hoax.
    He was referring to the severity of the possible problem Corona would pose, and the need for severe precautions. The 'hoax' proved to be true AND warranted.

You seem to have a lot of experience sniffing glue :D . He said the same thing which was said by any other experts, anyways we are going round in circles. Hope i won't have to respond any further from here on.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For the sake of consistency, Trump did not say the coronavirus was a hoax. There are countless objective things to go after Trump for, we needn't take something like that out of context to attack him.

"During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu."

Of course, even that statement makes absolutely no sense, either.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Take care!
    chrisisall wrote: »

You seem to have a lot of experience sniffing glue :D .
    Well played, sir.
    L-)