Italy
Ireland
Croatia (q)

Groud D
Ukraine
<font color=green>Sweden</font> (q)
France (q)
England

q=my bets who will advance to the quarters.
<font color=green>green</font>=my home team.

Comments

Shouldn't this be in the already open soccer section ?, why the need for a new thread etc

It's some tourney they've got and it's like a soccer version of the European song contest basically

Not really interested, but I'll go with Italy, they are a big world team and do well in these tournaments, they won the World Cup recently, they could be the eventual winners etc
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    apologies in advance to any team France will beat....
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,347
    It's some tourney they've got and it's like a soccer version of the European song contest basically
    Haha yes, spot on.. :-$
    I am sure of one thing? I will watch as many games as i can! :D
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I am sure of one thing? I will watch as many games as i can! :D
    Me too. I don't follow champions league, la liga or any other major league, but when it's WC or EC, I'm totally addicted for some reason. Have many good memories :)
    Group A
    Poland q
    Greece
    Russia q
    Czech Republic
    Group B
    The Netherlands q
    Denmark
    Germany q
    Portugal
    Group C
    Spain q
    Italy q
    Ireland
    Croatia
    Groud D
    Ukraine
    Sweden
    France q
    England q

have concerns with England midfield, though we will be tough to beat and our attackers will do damage to the opposition.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 154
    Group A
    Poland (q)
    Greece (q)
    Russia
    Czech Republic

Group B
    The Netherlands
    Denmark
    Germany (q)
    Portugal ( My home team) (q)

Group C
    Spain (q)
    Italy (q)
    Ireland
    Croatia

Groud D
    Ukraine
    Sweden
    France (q)
    England(q)

My team got the worst group EVER!!!! But I still believe.ALWAYS. PORTUGAL FOREVER. And... I dont know if you know him... but I have one player in my team named Cristiano Ronaldo CR7 CR7!!!
    The best ever!!!
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Same predictions apart from Netherlands/Portugal then @VBM398! Let's hope your Ronaldo and our Ibrahimovic can save their respective teams ;)
    Same predictions apart from Netherlands/Portugal then @VBM398! Let's hope your Ronaldo and our Ibrahimovic can save their respective teams ;)
    I would like that very much... really like it. Much respect for Ibrahimovic. Good luck
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Kerim's Predicted Qualifiers

Group A:

Czechs
    Poland

Group B:

Germany
    Netherlands

Group C:

Italy
    Spain

Group D:

England
    Sweden

• I really do an unfancied team will do it. It'll be a poor tournament, most of the players are tired from season just gone.

So I'd love Steve G to pick up the cup.

I'd go for Portugal, England or France (can't believe I said France the shame of it).
    Group A
    Poland
    Greece (q)
    Russia (q)
    Czech Republic

Group B
    The Netherlands (q)
    Denmark
    Germany (q)
    Portugal

Group C
    Spain (q)
    Italy
    Ireland
    Croatia (q)

Groud D
    Ukraine
    Sweden
    France (q)
    England (q)

Sadly I dont see Sweden (my country) getting anywhere near the playoffs with a group like that.
  • RC7RC7
    My money's on The Netherlands, it's about time they won a major tournament. Spain will be too tired I feel and although you should never look to friendlies as a benchmark, their 1-0 win against China was poor. The German's will be in the mix as they always are. Btw it's Football not Soccer.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:
    Btw it's Football not Soccer.

Well said RC7. It never hurts to remind the yanks. Maybe one day it might sink in.
    RC7 wrote:
    My money's on The Netherlands, it's about time they won a major tournament. Spain will be too tired I feel and although you should never look to friendlies as a benchmark, their 1-0 win against China was poor. The German's will be in the mix as they always are. Btw it's Football not Soccer.

That would be the Netherlands it is about time they won a major tournament again (1988 we did win).
    Being Dutch I would love that but I fear that the Germans do have a better team, as does Spain.

SaintMark wrote:
    That would be the Netherlands it is about time they won a major tournament again (1988 we did win).

'About time' he says!! Very funny. You think youre overdue a tournament after a pathetic 24 years. If you said we will win just one tournament in my lifetime I would bite your hand off.
    SaintMark wrote:

'About time' he says!! Very funny. You think youre overdue a tournament after a pathetic 24 years. If you said we will win just one tournament in my lifetime I would bite your hand off.

I am not sure what you are saying

• RC7RC7
    He's saying as an Englishman 46 years is a long wait for a trophy. I'm not sure many people would argue we are some of, if not the most passionate football fans in the world. We have two of the most revered football clubs ever, in Man Utd and Liverpool and several other clubs who have competed at the top level of world football. Combine that with the fact we are primarily responsible for football's profile in the 21st century (whether you think that's good or bad) and the fact Italy, France, Spain and Germany have all experienced far more international success than we have you'd forgive us for being slightly gutted.

I personally think that refusing England the world cup is the biggest kick in the balls. Forget the Olympics, a world cup in England would be the greatest show on earth. Home to some of the greatest teams and stadia in World football with a heritage Qatar could not buy with a hyper trillion dollars.
    But when the bulk of your team consists of Liverpool players, you can't expect to much can you? ;)
    RC7 wrote:
    He's saying as an Englishman 46 years is a long wait for a trophy. I'm not sure many people would argue we are some of, if not the most passionate football fans in the world. We have two of the most revered football clubs ever, in Man Utd and Liverpool and several other clubs who have competed at the top level of world football. Combine that with the fact we are primarily responsible for football's profile in the 21st century (whether you think that's good or bad) and the fact Italy, France, Spain and Germany have all experienced far more international success than we have you'd forgive us for being slightly gutted.

I personally think that refusing England the world cup is the biggest kick in the balls. Forget the Olympics, a world cup in England would be the greatest show on earth. Home to some of the greatest teams and stadia in World football with a heritage Qatar could not buy with a hyper trillion dollars.

QFT
    Boski wrote:
    But when the bulk of your team consists of Liverpool players, you can't expect to much can you? ;)

Even truer. The best we can hope for is park the bus and do a Greece. It's a pathetic way for the biggest football nation in the world to go about a tournament but the bottom line is we are utter shit.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited June 2012 Posts: 7,973
    Well, I guess one of the main problems is that you might all love football, but you have to play it as well. I mean, how many English players actually play in the Premier Legue? We might not have the best competition in the world, but we have the top scoring strikers from the BundesLiga as well as the Premer Legue.. So it's really not your competition that counts, it's the training and chances young boys get to get there.

That said, I disagree with @SaintMark on the German and Spanish teams. I think we do have the best team 'round. Doesn't mean we'll win, but it improves our chances. The Danes however showed in '92(?) that it's the teamwork that counts, not the stars.

And I bl**dy well hope we'll at least whoop those portugese *rses!
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Indeed if only when they can do the fandango over Ronaldo and his cronies faces I'll be happy enough.

And Commander Ross we do have some of the best players in the world but our couch has some strange ideas of using them. He is still in favor of using his son in law and Hongkong Phoey de Jong (who is in essence anti-football in person) O:-)
    80 hours to!!!!! Not that i am counting or anything! 8-}
    RogueAgent wrote:

80 hours to an opening game to really get the juices flowing - Poland v Greece!
    Good to get the least attractive game out of the way first I suppose. Just praying that Greece dont somehow win as they will easly be able to park the bus in the other games for 2 draws to go through. An awful team to watch and sooner theyre out the better. The problem is England are basing their entire game plan on the Greek model. But if tedious 1-0 smash and grabs deliver then bugger it - I'm in.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Good to get the least attractive game out of the way first I suppose. Just praying that Greece dont somehow win as they will easly be able to park the bus in the other games for 2 draws to go through. An awful team to watch and sooner theyre out the better. The problem is England are basing their entire game plan on the Greek model. But if tedious 1-0 smash and grabs deliver then bugger it - I'm in.

I loved it when greece won .They had a great manager(the german dude)
    My parents are greek so they were the team i followed.
    Is it the greek model that chelsea copied that won them the 2 cups?

• Thanks to DC007 I'm going to be watching this for 80 hours to get me in the mood for the finals. Come on Eng - gurr - land.

RogueAgent wrote:

Lol! I have no idea how we are gonna do this time around? There is no expectation on us to be honest! So no pressure really! But would hope to atleast get out of the group stages?
  • Q. Why won't England fans in Ukraine wear
    Y-fronts?

A. Cos Chernobyl fallout.

Q. Who would win in a fight to the death
    between John Terry and Joey Barton?

A. We all would.

We're supporting Greece in the football...
    just like everyone else.

As Roy Hodgson takes the England squad for a
    boat trip, he finds a huge turd. "Someone's sh*t
    on the deck", he shouts. "Yeah", replies Andy
    Carroll, "but I'm better with two wingers."

The past, present and future walk into a bar.

It was tense.

(not football but i like it)
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837

As Roy Hodgson takes the England squad for a
    boat trip, he finds a huge turd. "Someone's sh*t
    on the deck", he shouts. "Yeah", replies Andy
    Carroll, "but I'm better with two wingers."

=)) =)) =)) =)) Brilliant mate.
    German sense of humor coming up:

The judge against a convicted criminal.
    I have good news and bad news.
    The bad news is that you have received the maximum penalty, the death penalty.
    The good news is...........Robben is doing the shooting. :D