UEFA Euro 2012, June 8th - July 1st

Comments

SaintMark wrote:
    While Ronaldo is something special when it comes to football he acts like he does it alone. He is not a bit of a prick but a rather large tosser.

=)) =D> What an accurate summary! :))
    RogueAgent wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    While Ronaldo is something special when it comes to football he acts like he does it alone. He is not a bit of a prick but a rather large tosser.

=)) =D> What an accurate summary! :))

Yeah, couldn't agree more.
    Well i will assume it will be Germany through tonight then folks? I cannot see Greece beating them? If i am wrong? I win anyway! ;)
  • SaintMark wrote:

Indeed with how he became a farther....I wish gay sportsmen would just come out. The world has changed enough for this not to be an issue surely?
    The Germans are rubbish tonight so far, how many chances do they want? They should be 3-0 up!
  • 2-1 to the bankers of Europe - go on Greece knock them out.
    What a volley for the 4th goal! Quality finish!
    Great goals for the Germans tonight. They look in great shape and will no doubt win the championships now but I'm still deluded in thinking England might go on and win it against the odds!!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    damn you Merkel !!!
  • RC7RC7
    My god the Germans are relentlessly predictable
    bastards. Portugal please.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I think Spain will beat France tomorrow I'm just not sure of the score line.
    I managed to catch the replay of the game today. A well deserved win for Germany; I'd love to see them in the finals. It was nice to see Klose back in the action too.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    2-1 to the bankers of Europe - go on Greece knock them out.

:)) You are a legend, probably the funniest guy on here.

Anyway I was really hoping for Greece to win.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    jackdagger wrote:
    It was nice to see Klose back in the action too.

No it really wasnt. His ratio of goals to talent is already bloated enough as it is. Look at his tournament goal stats and he's one of the all time greats - I think only Ronaldo (I'm talking proper Ronaldo here not the greasy tosser) beats him. For Germany he's only about 3 goals behind Gerd Muller in the all time list FFS.

Fair play to him he always seems to be in the right place at the right time but on stats he's light years ahead of the likes of Puskas, Greaves, Van Basten, Romario, Owen and Shevchenko which is frankly ludicrous for his ability. Not saying he's shocking but there's no way he can go down as one of the greats.

Just look at who he's scored most of his world cup goals against - 3 v Saudi Arabia (the worst team performance I have ever seen at a world cup or anywhere else to be honest) as the Germans thrashed them 8-0, 2 against both Costa Rica and Ecuador, 1 against Ireland, 1 against Cameroon.

Only one goal in the knockouts (against Argentina to be fair) despite in 02 the Germans having the easiest run to the final in history.

God knows I hate how overrated Ibrahimovic is but at least does have the talent buried somewhere under his ego. Klose is an average international striker who statistically being mentioned as a great thanks to playing for a good team whereas if he had played for Poland like he should have done he'd be lucky to even have been to a world cup.
    France V Spain seems a pretty cagey affair? But i expect Spain to progress.
  • Spanish are through...the French didn't do themselves justice and of course the inhouse bickering after the Sweden game has cost them again. Footballer's egos are out of control. Someone should tell them they are just footballers, not doctors, not teachers, not mothers, just footballers. The French reaped what they sowed, idiots.

Spain vs Germany for the final, is my bet.

Still...come on England!
    Dear Christ - is there no translation into French for 'going down with all guns blazing'?

That's a disgraceful effort by all concerned - seems very unfair the frogs had this opportunity in a QF when the Ukraine would have killed for the chance and certainly made a better fist of it.
    Malouda on the first goal was an insult to everyone who plays the game - I'd hang my head in shame if I'd done that on a Saturday morning but in a f**king QF?

On ITV (surprisingly good punditry tonight - better than what the beeb offer) Carra reckons it's a 50/50 match tomorrow and that sums up my feelings. I think we can do it but that Italians are decent and could easily win it 2-0. It's to close to call. 1-1 deep into extra time and then one quality ball onto big Andys head in the last minute will do me.

The fact is though there are now only 5 countries left and we are one of them.

COME ON!!!!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Could Spain top their tag (for me at least) of being the most boring side ever to win the World Cup by being an even more boring side when they win the European Championships? Or will Germany - or more preferably someone else - dump them on their pretentious arses like they surely deserve...?
    Spain have already won the European Championships followed by the World Cup in '08 and '10. Maybe it'll be three in a row, as it were...
    Spain are too classy again and it's a shame david villa isn't playing.
    England have got captain fantastic stevie g which will get them through,penalty shootout after 0-0 final score.
    Been fascinated with the spanish team for a while. Now I just find them boring. So much ball possesion and so few chances. When was the last time they won a game with more than a single goal up?
    Spain's fieldgame is unsurpassed in this tournament, their playing together makes everybody looking like a fool or amateur. However they lack a striker with talent. Too bad for them that they did not get Messi to become spanish.

I fear that the finals will be Germany - Spain.
    The fact is though there are now only 5 countries left and we are one of them.

Rewriting logic are you?

England is one of the last eight (quarterfinals) and after tonight on their way home or one of the last four (the semi-finals).

Both teams have yet to convince me. I think that all three team in the semifinals are better that either of these two. O:-)

Agreed on Spain. Their skill is undeniable, but I'd like to see someone else win this. Considering Spain seems to be content with one goal, all it would really take are the other team to get lucky, or, a penalty in the box (Ramos is such a bully, it really is a matter of time). We'll see.

Looking forward to the game today, too.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Spain's fieldgame is unsurpassed in this tournament, their playing together makes everybody looking like a fool or amateur. However they lack a striker with talent.

Rewriting logic yourself aren't you sir? Because of course Villa, Torres and Llorente are all as shit as Heskey aren't they? For some reason the manager seems to think that playing a 4-6-0 formation is a better bet than fielding a striker and I suppose you can't really argue on current results.

Anyway you're incorrect in your assertion; my statement is perfectly logical - at the current point in time only 5 teams can win it. That's an unarguable fact.

Agree that while Spain are undeniably impressive it makes for pretty dull viewing. If Brazil had that level of talent at their disposal they would be thrashing teams 6-0. Spain just sit there and wait for a 1-0 - something which one day will always come back to haunt you at some point. Croatia should've put Spain out as it is with a gilt edged chance that the striker simply put down Cassilas' throat.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I'd disagree that Spain have been impressive this tournament. They were underwhelming to say the least against both Italy and Croatia (they could easily have lost against the latter and, if other results had conspired against them, gone home) and their other two matches came against two of the tournament's least inspiring teams, Ireland (sadly) and France (predictably).

The impressive team so far is unquestionably Germany. Like it or not...
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 940
    Yep, Germany have been the most...efficient.. and most impressive, for me. They'll be favourites in the semis whoever wins tonight.

There's not been many games that have set the world on fire so far. The England-Sweden game is probably the pick of the bunch in terms of excitement.

COME ON ENGLAND!
  • Engurrland Engurrland Engurrland - we're going to score one more than you...Engurralnd!

One for the boys tonight - not quite the St.George's flag but this is just as good:

Ok chaps this it. See you on the other side.

Remember keep it simple - if in doubt hit it row Z or lump it up to the big man. Dont try and play football because we're not good enough. Let's get stuck into them and see if the greasy Italians have got the bottle to go toe to toe.

LET'S F**KING HAVE IT THEN ENGLAND!!!