No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hope you had a good one.
    It's still my birthday for another 8+ hours, but thanks.

vyyfiy4em1n41.jpg?width=640&height=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c5defef4a5fc67e1d169baf7535b92aec8f8c1dd
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,343
    The way they kept on saying “In Cinemas November” hyping everyone was embarrassing. A joke. On the other hand, to be honest, to me it was obvious that a November release would’ve been a suicide, given the nature of the pandemic. I said many times that I was shocked by the decision of sticking to 2020 so I see this as a reasonable choice, the only plausible one since the beginning. Now F9 will move to the summer.
    It’s not EON’s fault that the UK are entering into localised lockdowns again.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I was thinking about actually changing my location yesterday.
    I don't think I will.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    People seem very certain that the delay was a call made by EON.

Are we sure it wasn't just MGM that decided to press the panic button so urgently? If EON really wanted to delay, they wouldn't have allowed the postponement to be so abrupt. But it's another excuse to bash Mike and Babs again, I suppose.
  • The inevitable has happened; it would have been commercial madness to stick to the November release when the UK is in the grip of a second wave; look at TENET's box office performance, which essentially amounts to [ at its most optimistic] a third of its likely gross, with its biggest market the USA 90% shut down.
    The right decision has been made.
  • What a bunch of amateurs at EON. This decision should have been made weeks ago. Not when promotion is starting up for the 2nd time in a row. Also, absolutely convinced the producers have no plan for Bond 26 what so ever... It's one big mess.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I just wish they’d do like a one night VOD rental or something, and then still release it in theaters on April 2nd. Wishful thinking.
    What a bunch of amateurs at EON. This decision should have been made weeks ago. Not when promotion is starting up for the 2nd time in a row. Also, absolutely convinced the producers have no plan for Bond 26 what so ever... It's one big mess.

You sure it was EON and not MGM that made the call?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Right, I've slept on it and gotten the disappointment out of my system. All good. The countdown is on. I still have a poster that says 'April 2' here somewhere, too.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What a bunch of amateurs at EON. This decision should have been made weeks ago. Not when promotion is starting up for the 2nd time in a row. Also, absolutely convinced the producers have no plan for Bond 26 what so ever... It's one big mess.

You sure it was EON and not MGM that made the call?

Quite right @MakeshiftPython even if it was EONs call as well does it matter.
    I find it laughable how worked up and angry some fans get. Whilst the world is in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, that currently has no vaccination to control it. The likes of which are unprecedented, yet the delay of the next James Bond film is a disaster.
    How dare EON and MGM postpone the release, again and again. What are they thinking?
    Maybe logically I'd say. I don't think some fans appreciate Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson for what they actually do. I see comments of 'this would never happen under Cubby' but they have short memories. The trouble is, nowadays everyone is an expert. Everyone can post an opinion whenever they want. Doesn't mean that they're right.
    @Visitor1982 to call EON a bunch of amateurs is very rude quite frankly. They've consistently given you a Bond film for almost sixty years. The longest running film franchise in history. Yet because of the Corona virus and the delays that have been caused, we should all jump on them.
    Couple of points I'd make, unless you're a film producer of similar status then you have no idea what you're talking about.
    And when in the past have EON ever made comment on the status of the next movie before the current one has been released?
    Right, I've slept on it and gotten the disappointment out of my system. All good. The countdown is on. I still have a poster that says 'April 2' here somewhere, too.

I'm prepared for another push back. No one can predict that things will get better. We can only just hope things work out over time. I honestly won't feel confident until other films not only get released but that they also do well like Wonder Woman 1984.

I'm prepared for another push back. No one can predict that things will get better. We can only just hope things work out over time. I honestly won't feel confident until other films not only get released but that they also do well like Wonder Woman 1984.

Optimism is something I like to maintain, even if it's against my better judgment at this stage.
    TR007 wrote: »
    It’s not EON’s fault that the UK are entering into localised lockdowns again.

Europe is entering into localized lockdowns. The November slot was never realistic. It’s no rocket science that the notion alone of releasing a film during the first full Covid winter, given the nature of the disease, has always been just a HUGE gamble and frankly something dumb.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    edited October 2020 Posts: 198
    I'd just like to offer my opinion.

I'm in Australia so I woke up to the news this morning and when I seen all the notifications I quite stupidly thought a massive spoiler or earlier release date (one can dream). Not going to lie, my heart absolutely sank, it's been a bloody tough year and this film has been a shining beacon of light for me. I was immediately sad and later angry but then I accepted it a few hours later and processed a few things:

-we have an absolute wealth of movies, books, magazines, podcasts to enjoy ourselves and I for one am going to start by rewatching and first time reading some of the flemming novels! Let's enjoy our brand and get excited about what will eventually come.

-we're in a pandemic and people have lost family, jobs and there way of life. We should feel absolutely lucky that we have the capacity to be this sad about a movie and not something more pressing!

-I am not a film producer so I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but it's quite sad to see people get angry at EON, Michael or babs. They have been dealt this hand and they have played it as cool as the situation has allowed them. They've done a bloody good job keeping interest alive this long as it is and considering no one knows or can piece this movie together STILL they will be able to generate excitement again. They have definitely had missteps since they took over but we all learn from our mistakes and I think that's what humanizes the bond franchise. I don't want a marvel or star wars type studio situation churning them out every 6 months. Broccoli and Wilson put their heart into these movies and I think we should be grateful.
    Back in June when I suggested NTTD should just move to 2021 and steal F9’s slot I was trying to find something cool about it and I came up with the thought that Craig’s final outing will come out 50 years later Connery’s final film as EoN’s James Bond.
    Now it’s happening for real but frankly nothing could ever affect my excitement for this film. Seeing it on the big screen next year will feel like something even more special, after all this.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Seeing it on the big screen next year will feel like something even more special, after all this.
    Could not agree more!!
    silva13 wrote: »

I'm in Australia so I woke up to the news this morning and when I seen all the notifications I quite stupidly thought a massive spoiler or earlier release date (one can dream). Not going to lie, my heart absolutely sank, it's been a bloody tough year and this film has been a shining beacon of light for me. I was immediately sad and later angry but then I accepted it a few hours later and processed a few things:

-we have an absolute wealth of movies, books, magazines, podcasts to enjoy ourselves and I for one am going to start by rewatching and first time reading some of the flemming novels! Let's enjoy our brand and get excited about what will eventually come.

-we're in a pandemic and people have lost family, jobs and there way of life. We should feel absolutely lucky that we have the capacity to be this sad about a movie and not something more pressing!

-I am not a film producer so I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but it's quite sad to see people get angry at EON, Michael or babs. They have been dealt this hand and they have played it as cool as the situation has allowed them. They've done a bloody good job keeping interest alive this long as it is and considering no one knows or can piece this movie together STILL they will be able to generate excitement again. They have definitely had missteps since they took over but we all learn from our mistakes and I think that's what humanizes the bond franchise. I don't want a marvel or star wars type studio situation churning them out every 6 months. Broccoli and Wilson put their heart into these movies and I think we should be grateful.

What a great post!
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Univex wrote: »
    silva13 wrote: »

What a great post!

Couldn't agree more
    Thankyou @WillyGalore_Redux and @TripAces

I've decided part of my strategy to cope will no longer just be surfing this page but actually being active! Lol
    Great post @silva13. Hope it was a decent night's sleep, all the same! :)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    No Time To Have Blue Balls This Bad.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I still have a poster that says 'April 2' here somewhere, too.
    Haha! Good point. I have some April promo stuff, but was just checking earlier, and nothing from November. I think the price will skyrocket on the latter.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess the podcast is pausing?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Listening to the latest emergency pod from the MI6 HQ guys

Suggestion seems to be some discord between MGM and Universal. Delay was reportedly already being considered just as the marketing was gonna ramp up again with Trailer 2 on Tenet and Universal wanted to delay it sooner, but MGM forced their hand by greenlighting the new trailer launch.

If anything this entire situation is gonna be most heartbreaking for cinemas in the UK and elsewhere who were counting on this like with Tenet. But maybe it's for the best that the hand is forced this way to come up with a better plan of how get through the pandemic that isn't "status quo, same as before but onus on deciding safety/risk is on the audience" because is it really the right time for them to even be open?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited October 2020 Posts: 732
    I am sad but not angry they had to move again - in fact I was surprised they kept pushing all the stuff out and seemed to stick to the date. I would‘ve gone and see it and so I will when it comes out at a later date ... I personally doubt it will be April 2021 though.

The only thing I really fear is that some products will still come out (like the Taschen book or the soundtrack) and spoil things - let alone an illegal copy of the movie. I am happy so far no copy of the movie leaked - THAT would ruin it for me if people can really spoil the plot etc. I try to keep away from it as much as possible.

I dunno how far they already were to prepare BluRays and such ... because that would lead to a leak most likely. I just thought they likely planned for a BluRay sale as early as Feb. 2021 so it is not unlikely there was something ongoing already. Just saying: I hope it is not leaked in the next months.

If they can keep the movie under wraps that will be good and then I will see it when it comes out.

Btw: My $0.02 would be that the late delay was MGM and Universal‘s call and not EoN‘s.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Maybe that will shut certain people up on here who have done nothing but lay blame on EON and Barbara.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Listening to the latest emergency pod from the MI6 HQ guys

Suggestion seems to be some discord between MGM and Universal. Delay was reportedly already being considered just as the marketing was gonna ramp up again with Trailer 2 on Tenet and Universal wanted to delay it sooner, but MGM forced their hand by greenlighting the new trailer launch.

If anything this entire situation is gonna be most heartbreaking for cinemas in the UK and elsewhere who were counting on this like with Tenet. But maybe it's for the best that the hand is forced this way to come up with a better plan of how get through the pandemic that isn't "status quo, same as before but onus on deciding safety/risk is on the audience" because is it really the right time for them to even be open?

That is utterly daft on MGMs part if true.
  • SeanCraig wrote: »
    I am sad but not angry they had to move again - in fact I was surprised they kept pushing all the stuff out and seemed to stick to the date. I would‘ve gone and see it and so I will when it comes out at a later date ... I personally doubt it will be April 2021 though.

The only thing I really fear is that some products will still come out (like the Taschen book or the soundtrack) and spoil things - let alone an illegal copy of the movie. I am happy so far no copy of the movie leaked - THAT would ruin it for me if people can really spoil the plot etc. I try to keep away from it as much as possible.

I dunno how far they already were to prepare BluRays and such ... because that would lead to a leak most likely. I just thought they likely planned for a BluRay sale as early as Feb. 2021 so it is not unlikely there was something ongoing already. Just saying: I hope it is not leaked in the next months.

If they can keep the movie under wraps that will be good and then I will see it when it comes out.

Btw: My $0.02 would be that the late delay was MGM and Universal‘s call and not EoN‘s.

Soundtrack album and the Taschen book won't come out until the film comes out.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe that will shut certain people up on here who have done nothing but lay blame on EON and Barbara.

Hopefully, I have been trying to say that they don’t actually distribute these films themselves.