NTTD & Corona

Comments

• I'm hopping mad. EON can't keep treating us like this. There's only so manny times you can whip a horse till it neighs no longer and it is one neigh too far. Once again let me stress I will be seeing this opening day, but I am furious at EON, Barbara Broccoli, for how she has treated the 007 family of fans. Just venting.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Flash-forward to a picture from Craig attending the premiere....in 2028:
    mXHdBVT.jpg

Thanks @Zekidk!!! With everything that is happening today I needed a good laugh.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Fan entitlement has gone rampant.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland

Fans are mad that the movie from their favourite franchise got delayed for the 4th time after being fed for few weeks with new material claiming November date is happening, last being released few hours before the delay announcement. You are right, truely despicable behaviour
    RedNine wrote: »

Fans are mad that the movie from their favourite franchise got delayed for the 4th time after being fed for few weeks with new material claiming November date is happening, last being released few hours before the delay announcement. You are right, truely despicable behaviour

Worse things can happen.

You’ll get your movie.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland

Worse things can happen.

You’ll get your movie.
    People can still be disappointed.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland

Worse things can happen.

You’ll get your movie.

Sure, that doesnt change the fact that people have the right to feel disappointed that they have to wait longer for something that is important in their lives, especially after getting their hopes up after all that marketing push. Those are normal human emotions, don't deny people the right to be having them
    I'm hopping mad. EON can't keep treating us like this. There's only so manny times you can whip a horse till it neighs no longer and it is one neigh too far. Once again let me stress I will be seeing this opening day, but I am furious at EON, Barbara Broccoli, for how she has treated the 007 family of fans. Just venting.

No one cares. How’s that vaccine looking buddy?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 1,314

Murder is despicable.

Delaying a film during a once in a century event that has killed a million people is unfortunate.

Get some perspective
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    It's not EON or BB doing this to only the Bond fans, it's the bloody Covid pandemic, that does tthis to everybody in the world. If people everywhere would have behaved rational and disciplined, the infection numbers and the incedience rate (a word I never heard prior to Covid) might be decreasing instead of increasing. I am also very sad about this new delay, but you can't blame EON for this pandemic and its consequences. Blame Trump for taking it not seriously, calling it "fake news", fpr example. In Germany virologists are warning, that, come Christmas, we might have 19.200 infected per day.
    Matt007 wrote: »

Murder is despicable.

Delaying a film during a once in a century event that has killed a million people is unfortunate.

Get some perspective
    The despicable part seems like clear sarcasm to me, no?

Worse things can happen.

You’ll get your movie.

Sure, that doesnt change the fact that people have the right to feel disappointed that they have to wait longer for something that is important in their lives, especially after getting their hopes up after all that marketing push. Those are normal human emotions, don't deny people the right to be having them

Movies aren’t important. Keeping people safe is.

Murder is despicable.

Get some perspective

Murder is despicable.

Get some perspective

My bad. Mis read on my part. Apologies @RedNine
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    A quick question for everyone: what happens to the various “tie-in” products that were to be released in conjunction with NTTD?

For example, the revised edition of Taschen’s “The James Bond Archives” was due for publication in November (It is now showing up as “currently unavailable” on Amazon). What happens to the release of NTTD’s soundtrack and the “Best of Bond” CD set? Also, Daniel Craig and Billie Eilish were scheduled to appear on Jimmy Fallon’s “The Tonight Show” here in the US on Monday (10/5). Do the official James Bond podcasts get delayed?

Personally, I’m ok with the delay of NTTD to April 2021, but I do fear for many smaller and independent theaters here in the New York City area where I live. Without a major tent-pole release, does it even make financial sense for them to re-open until 2021? And how long can they continue to be closed before it becomes untenable to stay in business? I don’t have an answer, but it is something that I’ve thought about over the past few weeks.
    It's not EON or BB doing this to only the Bond fans, it's the bloody Covid pandemic, that does tthis to everybody in the world. If people everywhere would have behaved rational and disciplined, the infection numbers and the incedience rate (a word I never heard prior to Covid) might be decreasing instead of increasing. I am also very sad about this new delay, but you can't blame EON for this pandemic and its consequences. Blame Trump for taking it not seriously, calling it "fake news", fpr example. In Germany virologists are warning, that, come Christmas, we might have 19.200 infected per day.

This is what I call perspective.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    I don't think anyone would be particularly upset if we hadn't been lead on over and over again. That's precisely what's been going on. Now, I know we haven't dealt with a global situation like this since the second decade of the 20th century, but anything can happen nowadays and they should think that way.

We now live in a world in which we're onto the next thing as we exhale. Information is rampant, technology is pushing us further down the rabbit hole, and we continue to part from the idea of any kind of unity.

In regards to 'NTTD,' no fan asked for the film to cost 250 mil. to produce. Barbara Broccoli stated that it's up to the fans on how they want their entertainment, so why is it so damn difficult to find a profitable way to make it VOD? I mean, couldn't they make a subscription based Bond channel where it can be aired? Everybody would love to see the film on a big screen, but since that's clearly not feasible, why is it so difficult to make it work otherwise?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 2,107
    Ok, I'm pretty much done with this movie because Broccoli & company is treating fans like this. Moving the release date every frikkin time it's close the release time. Covid won't have gone away in the next half a year or so. So why can't they release it by rental already and stop jerking us around . By this time I'm starting to hope some disgruntled employee would just leak the whome damn thing.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Ok, I'm pretty much done with this movie because Broccoli & company is treating fans like this. Moving the release date every frikkin time it's close the release time. Covid won't have gone away in the next half a year or so. So why can't they release it by rental already and stop jerking us around . By this time I'm starting to hope some disgruntled employee would just leak the whole damn thing.

I would certainly watch a pirated/leaked copy at this point.
    Ok, I'm pretty much done with this movie because Broccoli & company is treating fans like this. Moving the release date every frikkin time it's close the release time. Covid won't have gone away in the next half a year or so. So why can't they release it by rental already and stop jerking us around . By this time I'm starting to hope some disgruntled employee would just leak the whome damn thing.

This isn't just happening with Bond, it's the entire entertainment industry. A great many Spring/Summer films of 2020 were pushed back at Fall in the most optimistic of hopes that the virus would have been dealt with. That didn't happen, so now many films have been pushed back again.

But go ahead, pretend Broccoli & company are deliberately doing this to screw fans over. In fact they probably hate you. They're probably laughing in their homes over how bummed fandom is.
  • I'm afraid the whole movie industry is being a bit slow on the uptake, the theatre experiance is to all intense and purpose finished, a vaccine could never happen or be years away, W.H.O. says it would take a year or two to roll out even if they had one, overall human resistance could take decades and mean many more deaths.
    I said before that EON missed an opportuntiy during initial lockdown, now their going to fumble the ball again, delaying until April 2021 will change nothing.
    Christmas Day is 12 weeks away, majority of the world with exception of China, regardless of religion will be at home, PVOD could break all records for a single day.
    This disease is pervasive and does not discriminate, so to all, I have perpective, so stay safe and follow the advice.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    They made the only reasonable move. I still don’t get why they waited that much, marketing the November date as an absolute certainty.
    I like the idea how people think that the earth it's safe place to live and breed (like animals).
    Some people are just being silly now. As disappointed as I am, another delay was always on the cards. Nobody wanted to push the film back again. It's just what has to be done.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

This isn't just happening with Bond, it's the entire entertainment industry. A great many Spring/Summer films of 2020 were pushed back at Fall in the most optimistic of hopes that the virus would have been dealt with. That didn't happen, so now many films have been pushed back again.

But go ahead, pretend Broccoli & company are deliberately doing this to screw fans over. In fact they probably hate you. They're probably laughing in their homes over how bummed fandom is.

Dude, i am sad, don't make me laugh like this 😁. But i really want to see Babs reaction for Fan's.
    You don't want to believe it but it true another delay. Very disappointing
    I don't think I will be watching NTTD in movie theaters in April. Not because I am angry at EON, this delay really isn't their fault. It's just that the excitement is all gone.
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    I don't think I will be watching NTTD in movie theaters in April. Not because I am angry at EON, this delay really isn't their fault. It's just that the excitement is all gone.

I’ll go and see it in the cinema, whenever it gets released.
  • Clearly the right decision, though June would have been better. To release a $200 million movie on the edge of Winter with Covid cases high and probably increasing was madness.
  • SharkBait wrote: »

Fan entitlement isn't pleasant
  • I understand the delay but disappointment or anger or annoyance at the decision isn't really 'entitlement' to me, we are paying customers to EON / MGM. We waited patiently for these promised dates and they get moved at the last minute - particularly after so much promotional material has been released so recently and people's hopes were built up - so I think people have a right to be upset. It can feel like moving the goalposts to a degree. I'm more just depressed about it rather than angry now but I can understand people's anger at the decision.
    I just hope the film's good after all this time.