No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @wetnelly, thanks for sharing, that's insanely cool. Bet it's a unique feeling knowing countless stars are filming big productions so close to home.
    Not to mention James Bond himself.

Doesn't get much more monumental than that.
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    jake24 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @wetnelly, thanks for sharing, that's insanely cool. Bet it's a unique feeling knowing countless stars are filming big productions so close to home.
    Not to mention James Bond himself.

Thanks so much. Definitely has its advantages. It was so frustrating too when they were shooting (literally) over the month last August. We had helicopters, engines and gunfire all through the very warm Friday and Saturday night and a load of press with drones trying to get shots. The security team did brilliantly to keep us all out, sadly!
    Life in Ascot is normally hectic with the horse racing through the summer but there were a lot of angry dog walkers last year when they closed the entire forest and Bond came to town.
    I used to work in Iver (the village next to Pinewood) and my boss and I were with clients when they had that monumental explosion at the studio last spring. We honestly thought a plane had blown up as it’s very close to Heathrow!
    Our neighbours have loads of sneaky behind the scenes pics so will post if we see some good things.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    wetnelly wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    FEJpqk9.jpg

Filming location: Swinley Forest, Buttersteep South, UK

erdkTbG.jpg
    KPq8iL9.jpg

Random stills of the area, no prod photos
    https://www.locateproductions.com/locations/3917
    FEJpqk9.jpg

Filming location: Swinley Forest, Buttersteep South, UK

erdkTbG.jpg
    KPq8iL9.jpg

Random stills of the area, no prod photos
    https://www.locateproductions.com/locations/3917

It’s a lovely spot just behind our house! Also used for Harry Potter and a few of our neighbours work as electricians at Pinewood so have plenty of tales and behind the scenes from the forest with the Land Rovers and the V8 was parked in front of the clearing near the Kings Ride for a few days with DC.
    Just in case any movie fans would like to know we currently have Doctor Strange 2 being shot one side and Batman the other!

Still a glorious place for the morning stroll and we loved seeing the footage from the trailer. So cool to know it was done on the doorstep.

Can’t wait for our first Bond film outing with our son and so hoping we get to still get to see in November.

That's a lot of fun. Nice spot to live too!
  • mtm wrote: »
    I still can't get on with that coat, I must admit :)

Hear hear. It's an odd outfit, but I think the coat is the main offender.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Don't know about the green, though it's a fine looking camera. Pity I'll never be able to afford one.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Don't know about the green, though it's a fine looking camera. Pity I'll never be able to afford one.

The price of those Q2 cameras… @-)
    Exclusive:

Friends, I have permission from my source to share this scanned sheet of dialogue between Bond and Q. Enjoy.

50386207622_b29625163e_o.png
  • Wow!!Great scoop @QBranch. This reads like a classic Q scene. Actually a bit like Goldeneye 'that's my lunch!'
    Loving this banter, very playful.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I nearly thought it was real lol
  • edited September 26 Posts: 10,974
    I am getting more and more excited for the film.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 26 Posts: 212
    Exclusive:

Friends, I have permission from my source to share this scanned sheet of dialogue between Bond and Q. Enjoy.

Wow!!Great scoop @QBranch. This reads like a classic Q scene. Actually a bit like Goldeneye 'that's my lunch!'

My first thought as well. Funny how we went from dissing GE to paying homage to it.
    Exclusive:

There’s no way this is real, funny though
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    007007x wrote: »
    Exclusive:

I've got my doubts too, due to the format of the script but we will have to wait and see.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 26 Posts: 3,978
    007007x wrote: »
    Exclusive:

I've got my doubts too, due to the format of the script but we will have to wait and see.
    It's definitely fake. The formatting as you mention. No script has headers for scenes. Also every line is a reference to something we've already seen in the marketing. Not to mention, the lines are very weak anyway.
  • edited September 26 Posts: 528
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Very interesting. Spot the differences!

eb00768c-0249-4e42-8a78-18d0c92f5c54_screenshot.jpg
    New still. Also from David's insta, marketing the new shoes by Crocket and Jones

KStN9DL.jpg

NTTD shoe collection launched today:

https://www.crockettandjones.com/james-bond-no-time-to-die/

I love the contrast in the way both sets are lit. Deakins Softened the light from the outside by pulling down the blinds and used the lights on the side to light the scene.

Sandgren removed the lights and pulled the blinds up to let the outside light in. Giving it a contrasting look.
    I'm worried about M's obsessive need to completely change the decor in his office so often.
  • edited September 26 Posts: 5,198

New still. Also from David's insta, marketing the new shoes by Crocket and Jones

KStN9DL.jpg

I love the contrast in the way both sets are lit. Deakins Softened the light from the outside by pulling down the blinds and used the lights on the side to light the scene.

Sandgren removed the lights and pulled the blinds up to let the outside light in. Giving it a contrasting look.

Makes it looks like two different times of the year. Different seasons. Different weathers.

Also, too bad M lost his lions. Always liked that Plantagenet touch. He had one in his old office as well, I believe, when he first met Judi Dench's M. I thought it a recurring theme with Mallory. And I see there's a new black Chesterfield. For his naps, of course. He looks really worn by the job, doesn't he?

KStN9DL.jpg

The lighting looks great in that second shot to me. I think NTTD is going to look amazing.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    ToTheRight wrote: »

KStN9DL.jpg

The lighting looks great in that second shot to me. I think NTTD is going to look amazing.

+1. Loving the natural lighting and the overall colors in NTTD.
    Exclusive:
    this scanned sheet of dialogue between Bond and Q.
    Fake. There are so many things missing. Watermarked name fx.

A cool one from Lashana:

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I have no idea in what thread this should be posted.

• MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    The amount of branded tie in stuff for this film is starting to get a bit ridiculous (not to mention long and expensive).

No way this movie is being pulled now. Sponsors and partners will have wanted cast in stone agreement from Universal and MGM over the release.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Mallory wrote: »
    The amount of branded tie in stuff for this film is starting to get a bit ridiculous (not to mention long and expensive).

No way this movie is being pulled now. Sponsors and partners will have wanted cast in stone agreement from Universal and MGM over the release.

My thoughts exactly. The marketing has to be ungodly expensive.
  • I think, alas! that you're right.
    WHAT was their thinking process? . . .
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    edited September 27 Posts: 183
    We're also at the end of an era, so I suspect there is the thorny issue of "cast promotion" which is something to factor in here. I'm guessing Bond isn't in a position to keep pushing it back indefinitely like other franchises can, and Daniel presumably wants to move on to other things now...
  • Satorious wrote: »
    We're also at the end of an era, so I suspect there is the thorny issue of "cast promotion" which is something to factor in here. I'm guessing Bond isn't in a position to keep pushing it back indefinitely like other franchises can, and Daniel presumably wants to move on to other things now...

This is true. We're weeks away now. Hopefully tickets become available Oct 5!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

The new best of has been updated and now includes Adele, Sam Smith and Billie Eilish.