"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited September 2020 Posts: 17,272
    Diogo Jota: Liverpool sign forward from Wolves for fee that could rise to £45m
    Does anyone know how good he is ?

He's good, but I expect he'll be a backup.

Expensive backup.

I imagine Liverpool can afford it. The signing of Jota probably suggests that someone is on the way out too.

I read that the ox might be sold.

No Pulisic again.

Saw that rumour mentioned on Twitter earlier. Might be that he sees himself getting limited amount of minutes in that Liverpool team. Origi is rumoured to leave too.

Pulisic being unavailable has a massive impact on Chelsea. They need him to gel, it seems.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The phased reopening of stadiums for sporting events from 1 October has been scrapped
    As well as other new restrictions the PM said this could last up to six months.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen have tested positive for coronavirus.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    Still can’t quite believe Palace beat Man United at the weekend. I’m not getting carried away just yet ;)

Besides, selling Sorloth and (hopefully) Benteke means we’ll get some new blood in.
    Still can’t quite believe Palace beat Man United at the weekend. I’m not getting carried away just yet ;)

Besides, selling Sorloth and (hopefully) Benteke means we’ll get some new blood in.

Everton and Chelsea up next for Palace, but after those two matches there's a great run of fixtures for Palace, @DeathToSpies84!

Re. Sørloth, he is sooo much better than what he got time to show at Palace, before being sent on loan. Top scorer for Trabzonspor in Süper Lig with 24 goals, and now signing for RB Leipzig; things change quickly in football.

Everton and Chelsea up next for Palace, but after those two matches there's a great run of fixtures for Palace, @DeathToSpies84!

Re. Sørloth, he is sooo much better than what he got time to show at Palace, before being sent on loan. Top scorer for Trabzonspor in Süper Lig with 24 goals, and now signing for RB Leipzig; things change quickly in football.

The fact that RB Leipzig chooses him to be the replacement for Werner tells you everything about how good he is.
    jobo wrote: »

The fact that RB Leipzig chooses him to be the replacement for Werner tells you everything about how good he is.

It does, and I really hope RB is a club where he will be able to show his best. Doubt he would have been able to do that playing for Sp*rs!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,352

That's the biggest penalty miss i've seen in terms of distance.

Liverpool vs Arsenal this week should be a ripper.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Lol @Torgeirtrap that is funny.

Yeah @007InAction as an Arsenal, I'm quite confident ahead that game....something I haven't felt for a long time ahead of games like this.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Yeah @007InAction as an Arsenal, I'm quite confident ahead that game....something I haven't felt for a long time ahead of games like this.

AS a Liverpool supporter i'm quietly confident fabinho can stop auba and hopefully win.

AS a Liverpool supporter i'm quietly confident fabinho can stop auba and hopefully win.

Yeah, it's a tough match.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Good team goal from United last night
    Yeah, great goal @Fire_and_Ice_Returns United just need to make a few more signings....just to steady the ship completely.
    Yeah, great goal @Fire_and_Ice_Returns United just need to make a few more signings....just to steady the ship completely.

Our defense is the main concern Maguire is not worth his price tag not even half of it, and Lindelof is error prone. I rate Baily though he gets injured a lot unfortunately.

The goal from last night I am surprised that at least one Luton player did not put a heavier challenge in, good goal though.

Our defense is the main concern Maguire is not worth his price tag not even half of it, and Lindelof is error prone. I rate Baily though he gets injured a lot unfortunately.

The goal from last night I am surprised that at least one Luton player did not put a heavier challenge in, good goal though.

Yeah, good goal.

Yeah, good points about Lindelof and Baily. But truly, Maguire is really not looking good. He opened his account well, with the first few games, but lately he just doesn't have enough stellar performances that's worth his massive price tag.
    Leicester City vs Arsenal. Carabao Cup Round 3 should be interesting how many regulars start.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Due to the new Covid-19 restrictions, all future midweek Premier League games must now finish before 22:00 (UK time).

This means Liverpool vs Arsenal on Monday evening will start 15 minutes earlier than previously planned.
    Leicester City vs Arsenal. Carabao Cup Round 3 should be interesting how many regulars start.

Wow! It went well for Arsenal again! I'm loving this new winning habit and mentality.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,272

That's the biggest penalty miss i've seen in terms of distance.

Liverpool vs Arsenal this week should be a ripper.

It definitely is the biggest miss I've seen as well. Incredible.

I recon Liverpool will win this game comfortably. As much as I love Arsenal looking better, I have no doubt Salah and Mané will be able to bag a few goals on Monday.

Wow! It went well for Arsenal again! I'm loving this new winning habit and mentality.

Arsenal has the winning habit and mentality alright.

Brendan Rodgers made 11 changes to the team that beat Burnley.
    You would think the Carabao Cup was the only trophy Leicester could win and would play some more EPL starters ?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has tested positive for coronavirus.

No, no! Coronavirus tests positive for Zlatan!
    jobo wrote: »

No, no! Coronavirus tests positive for Zlatan!

It's the only reason he agreed to be infected. His demand was granted. ;-)
    Gutted for Bodø/Glimt: a team who's total wage budget for 2020 is 2.7 million pounds, scoring twice at San Siro, almost taking Milan to extra time. What a season they're having.

LOL same old Ibrahimovic....always bullish no matter what.
    Jose: We got goalposts replaced - they were 5cm short!

Jose Mourinho revealed how Tottenham were forced to move the goalposts ahead of their Europa League qualifying win over Shkendija.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12080824/tottenham-boss-jose-mourinho-reveals-goalpost-change-before-europa-league-tie
    Tottenham Hotspur have progressed to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup without kicking a ball after a number of their opponents tested positive for coronavirus.

The tie against Leyton Orient had been due to take place on Tuesday but was called off. Orient, who were due to play at home, tried to reschedule but cup rules meant they had to forfeit the match.

A statement from the EFL said Orient was deemed "unable to fulfil its obligations" due to the local council issuing an order preventing the match from being played.
  • MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK
    Only Utd could get a penalty after the final whistle.

Feel for Brighton, they deserved so much more.