"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Not good enough for Palace, now a target for Sp*rs and Mou:

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sorry for laughing this hard. But that miss, is the miss of the century. What?!!!!

I know, right? It's incredible!

Yeah, truly incredible.

Lucky for us football fans, there are Twitter accounts for these kinds of clips!

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz My Goodness!!!

There are so many great football moments to be found on that Twitter account – you could spend an afternoon watching clips! :))

:)) Yeah
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,295
    Another troll?

Edit: looks like the comment has been deleted.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Spurs were awful against everton.
    Jose Mourinho first manager sacked ?
    Brighton vs Chelsea should be a fun game. Timo Werner to score.

Didn't watch the Sp*rs-Everton match. How bad were they?

Looking forward ti the Brighton-Chelsea match. Werner and Havertz are fantastic signings for Lampard.

Looking forward ti the Brighton-Chelsea match. Werner and Havertz are fantastic signings for Lampard.

This bad....
    Player ratings from https://www.skysports.com/
    Tottenham: Lloris (6), Doherty (6), Alderweireld (5), Dier (5), Davies (6), Hojbjerg (4), Winks (4), Alli (3), Son (5), Kane (5), Moura (4)

Subs: Sissoko (7), Bergwijn (6), Ndombele (NA)

This bad....
    Player ratings from https://www.skysports.com/
    Tottenham: Lloris (6), Doherty (6), Alderweireld (5), Dier (5), Davies (6), Hojbjerg (4), Winks (4), Alli (3), Son (5), Kane (5), Moura (4)

Subs: Sissoko (7), Bergwijn (6), Ndombele (NA)

Ouch!
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 7,500

After Jose had managed the feat of winning the league title in four different nations, his new ambition is to get sacked after horrendous seasons in as many different PL clubs as possible! ;)) >:)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Chelsea get the win over Brighton 3-1.
    A winning start to the campaign. Get in!
    Benny wrote: »
    Chelsea get the win over Brighton 3-1.
    A winning start to the campaign. Get in!

Chelsea look much better this year.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    Chuffed that Palace got off the mark and Wilf scored. Plus, McCarthy keeping Ward-Prowse in his pocket was another reason to get happy. We’re off to Man United next, and I don’t see a repeat performance of the 2-1 scoreline last season.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Nothing or Nothing (Spurs documentary spoof)

:))
    MOTD Everton vs Salford City :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What are the distancing rules in football now? One metre, two metres? No tackling allowed, I suppose. Whoever grabs the ball first wins?
    Wow! It was a massive achievement from the club getting Aubameyang to sign a new contract. The fact that he chose to stay rather than head to Spain, says a lot.

Yeah, @Torgeirtrap. I believe Arteta dynamic style of football and immediate assembly of silverware, is the reason Aubameyang is staying.
    Yeah, @Torgeirtrap. I believe Arteta dynamic style of football and immediate assembly of silverware, is the reason Aubameyang is staying.

Agree. I think the FA Cup might have been more important than just winning it!

Agree. I think the FA Cup might have been more important than just winning it!

Exactly! That's it.
    @Torgeirtrap do you think Arsenal will sign Thomas Partey and Houssem Aouar?
    Tottenham are close to agreeing a deal to sign Gareth Bale on loan from Real Madrid.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Good luck to Spurs with Bale, as a United fan I am glad United are not interested despite media trying to say we were.

He is another potential Sanchez waiting to happen, he has hardly played for two years and at 31 probably past his prime all things considered. Though from Bale's point of view Spurs is probably the best fit for him with regards to motivation. No doubt Jose will ask Bale to track back a lot and defend, we all know how that's going to end.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    Liverpool also allegedly close to signing Bayern Munich’s Thiago Alcantara for 27 million. A certain Wayne Rooney confessed a month or so ago that if Liverpool signed Alcantara, the title race would be a forgone conclusion.

We’ll see what happens, won’t we?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon will fly to London from Spain tomorrow before completing moves to Tottenham from Real Madrid.
    Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon will fly to London from Spain tomorrow before completing moves to Tottenham from Real Madrid.

Wow! Back to Tottenham for Bale.
    Mourinho tells funny Balotelli story

• edited September 2020 Posts: 17,295

@GadgetMan I imagine that they will sign one of them at least? From the rumours I've seen on Twitter and elsewhere in the last few days, Houssem Aouar looks to be mentioned the most.

Goalkeeper Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson looks to be the next transfer Arsenal will make.

@GadgetMan I imagine that they will sign one of them at least? From the rumours I've seen on Twitter and elsewhere in the last few days, Houssem Aouar looks to be mentioned the most.

Goalkeeper Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson looks to be the next transfer Arsenal will make.

Yeah. You're right.

Yeah. You're right.

It will be interesting to see if the can get a deal over line. Either player wold massively improve that midfield, and the club knows they need strengthening in that area.

Yeah. You're right.

It will be interesting to see if the can get a deal over line. Either player wold massively improve that midfield, and the club knows they need strengthening in that area.

Exactly!!!! You really understand. I don't want to get carried away, coz that midfield still needs work and I guess Arteta knows it....which is a good thing. So truly, either player would really help.

Yeah. You're right.

Exactly!!!! You really understand. I don't want to get carried away, coz that midfield still needs work and I guess Arteta knows it....which is a good thing. So truly, either player would really help.

Indeed, there's no reason to get carried away, because Aubameyang has painted more than a few cracks in that team since signing. Arteta should be happy he has a Xhaka in there, who's very different to the player he was just a while ago. But really, they are a bit short of creativity and stability. You got the youngsters that will see game time eventually (Saka most of all), but if you take away that, what have you got? Xhaka, Ceballos (but that's just a loan without a buy out option), Willian (depending on formation), Elneny (who I personally think is a useful, tidy player), and – if he can get in Arteta's good books again, Özil. Other than that, you have Maitland-Niles who you expect won't play there, and Torreira who's on the way out by the looks of it. And what about Guendouzi? There's another question mark.

So, it's not surprising the club is looking at strengthening in that position. And I think bringing in Partey or Aouar will make that midfield look more balanced.