NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,920
    jake24 wrote: »
    Am I the only one in thinking the final version makes far more sense in the context of the scene vs the trailer version? Patrice falling to his death in slow-mo would’ve been pretty jarring.

Yeah I was just about to say that myself- I think it looks less realistic but it doesn't seem likely he'd get into the position we see in the trailer version from Bond's POV. The final version tells the story better: we see him dropping away with his arm raised, just as he was in the shot before. And they've also added some of Deakins' wobbly camera too (I only noticed recently how Skyfall actually has quite a bit of this: have a look at the 'enjoying death' scene in M's house for example).

Interesting to note how primitive the trailer background looks in comparison to the final version.

Is this an actual POV shot? Do many other Craig Bond films have these? I guess the Spectre PTS must have a POV when Bond is listening to Sciarra.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    mtm wrote: »
    Is this an actual POV shot? Do many other Craig Bond films have these? I guess the Spectre PTS must have a POV when Bond is listening to Sciarra.
    There's a 'Bond's POV' thread here somewhere. I've seen it with my own eyes. ;)
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    QBranch wrote: »
    There's a 'Bond's POV' thread here somewhere. I've seen it with my own eyes. ;)

Here it is: https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18494/james-bonds-pov-in-the-films#latest.

Almost every time I put on a Bond film I think about updating the thread but it's a lot of effort noting down each moment so I haven't added to it in ages. And I'm thinking about doing a collage of all the POV shots for each film, which is far easier to digest than 100 links.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,920
    That's a great thread! :)

Can I ask, how do you search for threads here? The search function has no settings that I can find so it seems next to useless.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 12,980
    Best to simply use a browser search like Google with "MI6" plus a key word related to the title or subject.

Works amazingly well, @mtm. No more than a couple tries usually works for me. I also overuse My Bookmarks to remember discussions.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    That's a great thread! :)

Can I ask, how do you search for threads here? The search function has no settings that I can find so it seems next to useless.

Thanks. Yeah the search function isn't the best. I only found it because any thread you create gets put into 'my discussions'.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @mtm I suggest adding

site:https://www.mi6community.com/

at the end of your Google search
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    8 sec. silent teaser, posted by Swedens biggest cinema group

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Somebody is obviously a transportation fan in their PR dept! :D
    Benny wrote: »
    Even a breakfast scene with Bond specifying a boiled egg, cooked for 3 and a 1/3 minutes would be a nice little nod to Fleming. I agree Bonds breakfast regime, or morning routine would be a small, but welcome addition to the cinematic Bond, that would add little screen time, but a lot to the character.

I definitely agree. Why do the films lack this sort of thing? Wouldn’t take up too much time at all. I’d like to see Bond put on a pair of loafers and someone like Madeline laughs and makes a remark about his quirky dislike for shoe laces. I’d like to also see him briefly play golf with Tanner with some dialogue between these two from the beginning of Colonel Sun.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Contraband wrote: »
    8 sec. silent teaser, posted by Swedens biggest cinema group

This is SO HARD to do in After Effects. 😮
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

Just really wanting to go on any kind of long distance transport and get away from everything. It's really hitting a spot for me.

Just really wanting to go on any kind of long distance transport and get away from everything. It's really hitting a spot for me.

Bond films being more important than ever. Escapism as a necessity :) That silent trailer is very well put together, btw.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes, I just kind of wish the film wasn’t selling quite so many cars, feels like a bit of a showroom. And I’m a big car fan! :)
    Is it really less then two months away from the film being released?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Univex wrote: »

Bond films being more important than ever. Escapism as a necessity :) That silent trailer is very well put together, btw.

+1
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I just realized we are two weeks away from James Bond day. And once we get to James Bond day, NTTD's release isn't far anymore.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I just realized we are two weeks away from James Bond day. And once we get to James Bond day, NTTD's release isn't far anymore.

Can't wait for that 10% discount at the 007 Store >_>
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Can't wait for that 10% discount at the 007 Store >_>

Yeah. That's something.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I feel weird because the last James Bond day feels like yesterday. Remember when we were all hoping for a teaser and we got rewarded with the greatest poster in cinematic history.

I would actually have my money on us getting the final theatrical poster this James bond day.
    I feel weird because the last James Bond day feels like yesterday. Remember when we were all hoping for a teaser and we got rewarded with the greatest poster in cinematic history.

I would actually have my money on us getting the final theatrical poster this James bond day.

Yeah, a fantastic final theatrical poster would be cool. But I suspect Zimmer might release a track on James Bond day as well.
    Would love to have a track release.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    yes, or maybe even a small clip. Though whatever we get, I don't think it will be another trailer. I would guess that would be something like Tenet's final trailer, a few days before release.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Don't know if it's been already posted. Variety has an article today with all the post-poned movies and 2020 releases

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/black-widow-west-side-story-eternals-release-date-delay-1234773491/

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yeah, a fantastic final theatrical poster would be cool. But I suspect Zimmer might release a track on James Bond day as well.

Aargh that's a nice idea. I'm going to have my hopes pinned on that now- I shall blame you if it doesn't happen! :D

Aargh that's a nice idea. I'm going to have my hopes pinned on that now- I shall blame you if it doesn't happen! :D

LOL, I don't mind taking the blame....since it involves Zimmer.
  • StarkStark France
    I'm really not a fan of the color grading in the 2nd trailer. The colors have lost a lot in intensity and the blue is sometimes too accentuated.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Stark wrote: »
    I'm really not a fan of the color grading in the 2nd trailer. The colors have lost a lot in intensity and the blue is sometimes too accentuated.
    I actually felt that the blues were less accentuated than in the first trailer, except for the Matera scenes, which were made to look cooler than they were prior.

• StarkStark France
    edited September 2020 Posts: 177
    I just compared with the "Safin" trailer (released after the trailer 2) and the color grading is still different ! Which version will we have in the film ? Personally, I much prefer the colors of the "Safin" trailer.

Trailer 2 : [img][/img]9kro.png

Safin Trailer : [img][/img]3ags.png

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Well spotted @Stark . The Safin Trailer's sky seems to be a different CGI-treatment as well, because the light on the glider comes from its left (afternoon illumination) while in trailer 1 it comes from its right/below (evening illumination).