Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• conradhankersconradhankers Underground

Hello Bond fellows, is it TH or not?

Not. Fake news, that's all.[/quote]

Phew, so the Lord of the Pirates might still have a chance?

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,541
    I am loving those pics of Cavill, Hiddleston 😁😂
    How about this Turner
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ0Ruui6vMd0ZPlUZIb5IX_vuVxwC1Nh3xvNg&usqp=CAU
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQGA20vVPz4e9AsLj_6FVGzEP2vmPK1xOUf5Q&usqp=CAU
    Mind you still support Turner, but these pics are hilarious :))

Nobody can be cool and 100% handsome all the time, after all!

He sure is versatile 😁
    I am loving those pics of Cavill, Hiddleston 😁😂
    How about this Turner
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ0Ruui6vMd0ZPlUZIb5IX_vuVxwC1Nh3xvNg&usqp=CAU
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQGA20vVPz4e9AsLj_6FVGzEP2vmPK1xOUf5Q&usqp=CAU
    Mind you still support Turner, but these pics are hilarious :))

He looks like a waiter at the local Italian restaurant, charming those groups of old ladies.

We are just having fun, he is still my top contender.
  • Hardy, like Fassbender and Elba, could’ve been brilliant, but the timing wasn’t right. If Craig had left after SF then he’d probably have been a shoe in, but I think he’s too old/famous now.

I’m glad Craig has stayed as long as he has but it’s a shame in a way when it comes to replacing him. A few years ago there were a few names who I’d have thought “yeah, I can see it”, but those names are getting fewer and further between lately. O’Connell is the only viable seeming candidate who I really like.

But then having said that, I’d have never suggested the guy from Our Friends in the North to replace Brosnan either, but I was won over as soon as he was announced. I’m sure they’ll surprise me.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think they go back to actor's who impressed they last time. Actor's like Rupert Friend.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Univex wrote: »
    Are we forgetting Hardy is covered in dirty tats?! Turner seems quite camp in interviews. And why did no one listen to me about Cavill signing on for more Supes...

That's all true. Craig only has about three tats, Connery, one. But that wouldn't be a problem. They'd cover them all up. There are more serious problems regarding Hardy, IMO.

Turner is nice in interviews, a good sport.

Cavill is probably out of the running, yeah, you're right about that.
    Hello Bond fellows, is it TH or not?

Not. Fake news, that's all.

+1.

Connery has 2x tattoos I believe.

Not the Bond image, but can be covered.

Hardy’s main issue is his height, or lack of rather.

Great actor, but not a Bond IMO.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    its actually criminal that fassbender could never play bond. I reckon he could have been the best one ever.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    its actually criminal that fassbender could never play bond. I reckon he could have been the best one ever.

Yeah, anytime I watch X-Men: First Class, he just screams JAMES BOND. As if Director Matthew Vaughn was directing his Bond audition, coz obviously, Vaughn is a Bond fan. Even Fassbender's Magneto theme tune by Henry Jackman, has a Bondian feel to it. But it's obviously not possible for Fassbender anymore.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Yeah, anytime I watch X-Men: First Class, he just screams JAMES BOND. As if Director Matthew Vaughn was directing his Bond audition, coz obviously, Vaughn is a Bond fan. Even Fassbender's Magneto theme tune by Henry Jackman, has a Bondian feel to it. But it's obviously not possible for Fassbender anymore.

Check out his scenes in inglourious basterds
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Check out his scenes in inglourious basterds

Exactly! The way he stylishly lights his cigar and switches to an English accent when the German officer finds him out.
    And he was brilliant in the two Prometheus films. That first brilliant one and that crappy one, Covenant. Still, he was the best thing of both.
    And he was brilliant in the two Prometheus films. That first brilliant one and that crappy one, Covenant. Still, he was the best thing of both.

Yeah, he really was the Silver lining in it....he's that good. I really enjoyed his performance in it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He was also quite good in the episode of Poirot I watched the other night :D
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    mtm wrote: »

Wait, what? Which one?

Edit: Oh, After the Funeral (S10E3). Nice one. I'd forgotten about that.

6d51e9045fedba9e44bb651e169fb332.gif

Which they'd cast David Suchet as someone in a Bond film, anyone really. I love him.
  • Just going to leave this here...

(FYI - The Fall is on Netflix now)
    Just going to leave this here...

(FYI - The Fall is on Netflix now)

I see your point: Conan would make for a great Bond!!

Kidding of course. Gonna watch The Fall now. Thank you for recommending it, @Pierce2Daniel.

Wait, what? Which one?

Which they'd cast David Suchet as someone in a Bond film, anyone really. I love him.

He was rumored to be M in 2006
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Wait, what? Which one?

Am I not supposed to be crying my eyes out that you’ve dared reply to me? I really have no idea what the rules are you expect everyone to play by. Is it that you can reply to me but I must never reply to you?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Risico007 wrote: »

Wait, what? Which one?

Must say I don’t remember that. He’d have been rather fine playing M, yes.

Wait, what? Which one?

https://mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2956

Sadly it wasn’t to be if I could pick which role I would say M would be better then Le Chiffre but that is largely due to Dench really shouldn’t of stuck around post reboot
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Wait, what? Which one?

https://mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2956

Sadly it wasn’t to be if I could pick which role I would say M would be better then Le Chiffre but that is largely due to Dench really shouldn’t of stuck around post reboot

Ah, I reckon if either it would probably have been Le Chiffre they were looking to him to do. I guess they just decided to go in a different direction, maybe someone who looked like they could compete with Craig.

He did get to play a Bond villain on the radio opposite Toby Stephens’ Bond of course. Was he Dr No?
  • peterpeter Toronto

Wait, what? Which one?

I have to say: Fassbender looks more like Fleming than Bond in this episode.

Wait, what? Which one?

Am I not supposed to be crying my eyes out that you’ve dared reply to me? I really have no idea what the rules are you expect everyone to play by. Is it that you can reply to me but I must never reply to you?

Don't be passive aggressive. Implied rules between you and me are simple, my friend. We are cordial to each other, as I was, and try our very best not to step on each other's blue suede shoes.

To further explain, we don't bait, we don't criticise one another, and we don't manipulate others to do those things in our place. At least for a while, in order to cool things down. We were escalating, remember? If you don't, well, everyone else does. So, we'll try to keep it civil, ok? And before you say you were, so was I. So let's keep it that way, shall we? Let's not antagonize, so we don't agonize each other and everybody else ;) Ok?

Not that long ago, you were antagonising yet again, and so I made it clear that was a no go for me. That's all. That's what I meant as an agreement: no antagonising. Discussion, yes, antagonising, no. Clear?

To even give further explanation on the matter, this is what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks, to great result: I agree with you, I comment and/or compliment; I don't agree with you, I skip it and go my own way. Seems to be working.

Loved your mention of Fassbender in Poirot. Been liking some of your inputs on some things. I've replied to you in other threads, always positively. Just the other day, a member asked me privately about your artwork and I recommended and praised it.

So, again, let's not antagonise, shall we?

Handshake? Peace pipe? Dare I say a hug? :D

Your call.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »

Wait, what? Which one?

I have to say: Fassbender looks more like Fleming than Bond in this episode.

Good shout.
  • Hiddlestone, Fassbender, and Cavill are all excellent actors who I'm sure would do a fine job but personally, I would rather they went for either an unconventional actor or a relative unknown.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Dylan Jones of GQ is reporting that Hardy has been cast... seems like more than just a rumour from a fairly reputable source. Hopefully the publication provides more info at some point.
    On @britishgq on Instagram
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

James Bond: The 8 actors rumoured to take over from Daniel Craig, from Tom Hardy to Idris Elba
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/tom-hardy-james-bond-new-daniel-crag-idris-elba-actors-film-007-b507062.html?amp

Not keen on Hardy as Bond though none of the candidates on this list jump out. Personally I think they should cast someone in there early 30's as a starting point.
    I'm definitely in favor of casting a younger, more unknown actor in the role - as young as even late 20s, as long as they fit the part. I'd love to have a younger, long-lasting actor in the role.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I'm definitely in favor of casting a younger, more unknown actor in the role - as young as even late 20s, as long as they fit the part. I'd love to have a younger, long-lasting actor in the role.

28 a good age to start for sure and hopefully make a Bond film every two years lol wishfull thinking

28 a good age to start for sure and hopefully make a Bond film every two years lol wishfull thinking

I agree. Lazenby started at 29, right? And I would be okay with even three year gaps. Four and five year ones should be a very occasional thing, though we’ve sadly gotten used to it lately.

I agree. Lazenby started at 29, right? And I would be okay with even three year gaps. Four and five year ones should be a very occasional thing, though we’ve sadly gotten used to it lately.

A less famous actor or an actor with less none Bond projects would help getting back to a film every couple of years.