Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Denbigh wrote: »
    Henry Cavill

c5b5d9e16d97dc5a4159f9c28cb386bd.jpg

Woah...He looks a lot like Timothee Chalamet

7s7set890u931.jpg

Which goes goes further towards proving my point that Chalamet is a contender. He needs to mature a little bit more, which clearly Henry Cavill was able to do before playing Superman. Had they cast Cavill when he was 22 in CR that would inherently have been problematic. However, now he's in his mid-to-late thirty's, he looks like 007. In many respects, had Cavill not been Superman he would now be Bond. There is also the problem that he has a charisma of a block of wood. Unlike Chalamet who is pure charisma.

On those Hardy rumours.....Its so obviously not true. This cycle of 'confirmations' and red herrings will now go on for another 3 years until they announce the new Bond. I don't think the suggestion of a Batman-esque/Joker/DCEU option is on the table.

Eon believe in the 'brand.' Part of that brand involves hiring an actor who becomes the figurehead of the franchise for at least 5-10 years (more if they are good). So, whoever they pick will be someone they have faith enough in to give a 3 picture deal to.

Nevertheless, Hardy is associated with too many franchises (Bane, Mad Max, Venom) and his brand of acting (gurning and grunting to increasingly incomprehensible degrees) is getting a little tired. Though I did really like what he did in Capone - but I'm probably the only one.

I do think there was a period in 2011/12 where Hardy was the heir to the Bond throne. I even re-watched Inception the other day and Hardy steals that film. The final act is his Bond audition. He has a great 'bad boy' vibe. But perhaps a little too similar to Craig....

tom-hardy-this-means-war.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Henry Cavill

c5b5d9e16d97dc5a4159f9c28cb386bd.jpg

James Bond Jr. right there ;)

Bless his cotton socks.
  • QsCat wrote: »
    Hi guys. I had a message from a friend a few days ago, as I'm sure many of you did, saying that Tom Hardy was confirmed as the next Bond. Obviously, looking this up I found that it was unconfirmed BS, which was a RELIEF.
    But you might be interested to know that 2/3 years ago I worked at a cafe/bar in Clerkenwell, London. We often hosted corporate gatherings. At one of these I overheard two guys chatting about the next Bond. One of them announced to his friend that Hardy was going to be the next Bond. He was certain about it. This was not based on an article he'd read (I say this only because of the way he spoke) but because he had inside knowledge. I didn't believe it myself, but as you can imagine it was quite shocking to hear! And he really should have been more careful of who might be listening..

2 to 3 years ago is a long time in the film business. 2 to 3 months is a long time. So whatever you heard 2 men say way back then, I doubt very much it is an accurate picture of what is happening right now. Had you heard this 2 to 3 days ago, it may hold a bit more weight.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 15,801
    John Boyega seems to come with too much baggage. He seems very opinionated. I really don't mind Bond not being white. Idris Elba would have been a great choice 10 years ago. In fact, I'd rather have someone with charisma, acting chops and screen presence than Henry Cavill. Cavill looks the part, but is incredibly wooden and a charisma vacuum. Aidan Turner looks the part, but screams TV actor. He feels lightweight in much the same way as Brosnan.

Have you ever seen anything with Turner in it? Most likely a no.

Let's continue, meet Dopey, I mean Bond
    %2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fbcd4cd22-cd7f-11e9-bfe0-b5ac4ce6ca95.jpg?crop=2410%2C2410%2C700%2C1519

I'd cast this guy as Screech in a re-boot of SAVED BY THE BELL.

Had the actor who played Screech been touted as a possible Dalton replacement in the mid '90's fans would've laughed hysterically. Today that idea would probably be taken seriously on the forums.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Hiddleston is probably the only actor they could choose at this point that would make me not even bother to watch...

Chamalet for me. Totally unsuitable and American.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Hiddleston is probably the only actor they could choose at this point that would make me not even bother to watch...

Right? I'd rather have Hiddleston, as ridiculous as he can be sometimes, specially when he dances.

Still a contender, IMO:

• edited September 2020 Posts: 163
    Hardy?! Why not Tom Cruise or Matt Damon. And let me guess, Hans Zimmer does the music, Nolan directs.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Yeah but I doubt he’ll even be considered to be honest. Unfortunately there’s a chance Hiddleston still could be.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,541
    I am loving those pics of Cavill, Hiddleston 😁😂
    How about this Turner
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ0Ruui6vMd0ZPlUZIb5IX_vuVxwC1Nh3xvNg&usqp=CAU
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQGA20vVPz4e9AsLj_6FVGzEP2vmPK1xOUf5Q&usqp=CAU
    Mind you still support Turner, but these pics are hilarious :))
    How about this Turner

Nobody can be cool and 100% handsome all the time, after all!

Yeah but I doubt he’ll even be considered to be honest. Unfortunately there’s a chance Hiddleston still could be.

Based on the Night Manager, I’m fine with that.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    QsCat wrote: »
    Hi guys. I had a message from a friend a few days ago, as I'm sure many of you did, saying that Tom Hardy was confirmed as the next Bond. Obviously, looking this up I found that it was unconfirmed BS, which was a RELIEF.
    But you might be interested to know that 2/3 years ago I worked at a cafe/bar in Clerkenwell, London. We often hosted corporate gatherings. At one of these I overheard two guys chatting about the next Bond. One of them announced to his friend that Hardy was going to be the next Bond. He was certain about it. This was not based on an article he'd read (I say this only because of the way he spoke) but because he had inside knowledge. I didn't believe it myself, but as you can imagine it was quite shocking to hear! And he really should have been more careful of who might be listening..

2 to 3 years ago is a long time in the film business. 2 to 3 months is a long time. So whatever you heard 2 men say way back then, I doubt very much it is an accurate picture of what is happening right now. Had you heard this 2 to 3 days ago, it may hold a bit more weight.

So the three people who have responded to this have responded with negativity. Why is that? I thought it may be of interest, here on a page where many members go crazy over a simple photograph.
    I dont mention this now because I think it proves the recent 'news'. No, I know three years CAN be a long time in the film industry. All I'm saying is what I heard at the time. If it were true, it would add some validity to Hardy being considered. We know that in the Bond world, actors who are considered at one point can often be offered the job years later. I didn't hear two men talking in a pub, as you imagine, I heard it at a corporate event in London. I can't remember the name of the company, but it was film/PR related. I didn't mention it at the time because I refused to believe it could be true and I also thought it was very unprofessional of the guy to blabber such news so publicly.

To someone else who commented something along the lines of 'those who know don't tell', I would alter that to "some of those who know don't tell". If you knew, would you say? Some would.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    ColonelSun wrote: »

The Evening Standard is reporting Hardy tested for Bond in June and is a lock. Of course, we all have heard this kind of thing before, but there you go.

Well that's a newspaper, who often fabricate things entirely.

So the three people who have responded to this have responded with negativity. Why is that? I thought it may be of interest, here on a page where many members go crazy over a simple photograph.
    I dont mention this now because I think it proves the recent 'news'. No, I know three years CAN be a long time in the film industry. All I'm saying is what I heard at the time. If it were true, it would add some validity to Hardy being considered. We know that in the Bond world, actors who are considered at one point can often be offered the job years later. I didn't hear two men talking in a pub, as you imagine, I heard it at a corporate event in London. I can't remember the name of the company, but it was film/PR related. I didn't mention it at the time because I refused to believe it could be true and I also thought it was very unprofessional of the guy to blabber such news so publicly.

To someone else who commented something along the lines of 'those who know don't tell', I would alter that to "some of those who know don't tell". If you knew, would you say? Some would.

I think you are right in that Hardy may have been considered once upon a time, for sure.
  • I am loving those pics of Cavill, Hiddleston 😁😂
    How about this Turner

He looks like a waiter at the local Italian restaurant, charming those groups of old ladies.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,272
    How about this Turner

Nobody can be cool and 100% handsome all the time, after all!

Well, some Bond actors come to mind…
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    How about this Turner

He looks like a waiter at the local Italian restaurant, charming those groups of old ladies.

Do they always tote guns?
    AID-422908.jpg
    They should. Those old ladies can be nasty ;)

How about this Turner

Do they always tote guns?
    AID-422908.jpg

Great pic. Looks like the cover of a Fleming novel. 👍👌
    For Dr. No, right? 👍👌
    Ludovico wrote: »

People who know don't tell.

Exactly which is why I am not telling that @peter is writing directing and staring in the next bond film I am tasked with casting the leading lady and trust me I am checking them out head to toe it’s quite an ordeal as you can imagine lmao
    To be honest it depends on what they want to do with the character

With my top 5 I can at least point to which previous bond they will be most like

Hardy would be like Connery in my mind a proper snob with a bit of humor and some hard core brutality

Hiddleston will be more like well Moore a proper Englishman more interested in women then violence but can be violent if need be

Fassbender would be more like Dalton or Craig brutal efficient

Cavil will be like Brosnan cool efficient but very much a suit in the part

Evans will be like Lazenby able to be emotional but strong
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Turner is amazing. Looking at those pictures, seems like he hasn't aged much since 2004, not in the face anyway. I think he is another Brosnan in the fact that he will look the most bondian in his 40's.
    For Dr. No, right? 👍👌

Or Moonraker....on the cliffs of Dover!
    For Dr. No, right? 👍👌

Yes, and we need a proper adaptation of that.
    For Dr. No, right? 👍👌

Yes, and we need a proper adaptation of that.

Yep 👍
  • Are we forgetting Hardy is covered in dirty tats?! Turner seems quite camp in interviews. And why did no one listen to me about Cavill signing on for more Supes...
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Hello Bond fellows, is it TH or not?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    "Not" is the general consensus.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Are we forgetting Hardy is covered in dirty tats?! Turner seems quite camp in interviews. And why did no one listen to me about Cavill signing on for more Supes...

That's all true. Craig only has about three tats, Connery, one. But that wouldn't be a problem. They'd cover them all up. There are more serious problems regarding Hardy, IMO.

Turner is nice in interviews, a good sport.

Cavill is probably out of the running, yeah, you're right about that.
    Hello Bond fellows, is it TH or not?

Not. Fake news, that's all.