Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ApolloAARApolloAAR Huntington Beach, CA
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2
    Of all the stand up shots I see on this forum, Tom Hardy stood out as a cool Bond. So I second the motion moving to cast him as next James Bond with Nolan directing. Any objections ? PLMK
    AK ENTERTAINMENT
    kanellakos.com
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Tom Hardy is a hood rat, not Bond.
    mtm wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Frankly, I find it hard to see the similarities with Craig,

I can't see anyone but myself say they see similarities between the two.

Yes.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Hardy is just too old to start now. Why would they want to do a one off? Casting a new Bond is a process and one that I doubt they would want to have to keep doing every couple of years. Just doesn't make sense any way I look at it.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    edited September 2020 Posts: 395
    I think Dan Stevens is a screentest material, 37 and not too unknown or famous.
    MSL49 wrote: »
    I think Dan Stevens is a screentest material, 37 and not too famous.

Weak jawline. Pass.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Weak jawline. Pass.
    Ok you're really digging for problems now.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Weak jawline. Pass.
    Ok you're really digging for problems now.

Frankly, @JeremyBondon, my friend, guy's got a perfectly fine jawline :D ;)
    I find he's a very inconsistent actor, though, but then again, who isn't?

I think It'll all come down to what concept they think off for the next era. It will all depend on the route, theme and script wise, they follow.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm taking this with a huge pinch of salt

Nothing against Hardy, he's just not my choice for Bond, although I'd take him over Elba or Cavill.
    I'm not sure Hardy has the presence, the look nor the voice to be Bond if I'm honest. He's a good actor but he'd be a huge step down from Craig. I doubt the people who still aren't fond of Craig's interpretation would welcome the potential news of Hardy either

I'd feel for Daniel Craig a bit if the general public have a positive reaction if Hardy were cast, if you think back to 2005 and the rough ride he was given when he was cast. Hardy is shorter than Craig, in my mind not as manly and Hardy has quite an odd voice

Weak jawline. Pass.

Aidan Turner's jawline isn't much better.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,665
    You're right on all accounts, @Jordo007. This is just faux news, and we're all feeding from it. Hardy's old news, if he ever was really considered. Let's throw a load of salt into it and move on. Personally, I'd rather have Craig do two more films than have a single film with Hardy as Bond.

Besides, Luke Evans is younger, better looking, and more suitable for the part. And even I am refraining from throwing him into the discussion ring, because of his age.
    Yeah, no.

114631-12.jpg
    Dunno, if he refrains from highlighting his hair, keeps his weight on check, which has been difficult for him throughout the years, and learns to dress properly, I'd say maybe ;)

@JeremyBondon, old pal, you know I'm a Turner supporter, but even him can look like this or that ;)

tumblr_o2kr9gGnYg1u3ohl3o2_1280.jpg
    bf067f3131710d61fca741015bd0d5ec.jpg

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Bond films are good at copying film trends at a particular time. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that they saw joker and went, omg let’s make a direct adaptation of a Fleming novel set in the 60s rated R for a one off film. Though even then I don’t think hardy would fit the part.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Found this new images from one of Callum Turner's upcoming films.

He really is shaping into a stronger candidate in my opinion :)
    The-Big-Other_Matilda-De-Angelis-Callum-Turner_9E0A3138.jpeg
    a260d5806f4da105f97f0d4646b38c06a4124600.jpg
    Bond films are good at copying film trends at a particular time. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that they saw joker and went, omg let’s make a direct adaptation of a Fleming novel set in the 60s rated R for a one off film. Though even then I don’t think hardy would fit the part.

He wouldn't. But that idea would be a marvellous one off. Just set it in the late 50s rather than the 60s. And have Turner play the part. That'd be Aidan, @Denbigh, btw ;) And bring back Fukunaga or bring along Villeneuve for it.

For the record, I think they'll never do it. Their golden geese works just fine the way it is. And I say, good for them and for us. Just take the flair and panache from those eras and use them now, and we'll be fine.

Now, on a streaming service, they could have a 10 episodes series, full blown straight adaptation of some Fleming's novels. That'd be marvellous in these pandemic times.

BTW, @Denbigh, I think you're right about Callum. Really.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks mate :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Thanks mate :)

No, really, give him some more years and pain lines around his eyes (to quote Quarrel and not because I wish him harm, poor lad), and he'll be fit for it, with that Fleminguesque look and that old English air. Granted, he's a bit too tall and still very young. But... Maybe.
    Dunno, if he refrains from highlighting his hair, keeps his weight on check, which has been difficult for him throughout the years, and learns to dress properly, I'd say maybe ;)

@JeremyBondon, old pal, you know I'm a Turner supporter, but even him can look like this or that ;)

Still a handsome bastard in the second pic and @Torgeirtrap Yeah, good joke.
    Still a handsome bastard in the second pic

True ;) Well, I tried to find a worse picture, and that says a lot, I think.

Pass
    Well, yes, as a Hardy man yourself I'd know you would, @Risico007 ;)

There's a proposal for every fan, right? That is very interesting. We all have very different readings on the character. As long as they're not on the absurd side of things :) Which none of ours is.
    peter wrote: »

Yes, I'd seen that one. lol Good one. Even so, they're not as bad as, say, this:

00567285-9C35-FD91-161C19A7C3861A60.jpg

eheh, some people really are a surprise. Even though, seeing those pictures, the one from Craig and the one from Aidan, I wouldn't call either absurd. I can see the potential in both, even if well hidden. Well, more so than, say, in a picture of an American skinny actor in a suit made of purple sequins.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'd be quite happy if either Turner got it

I'm must admit though, as much as I'm excited about NTTD I'm dreading it a little bit. One because Daniel is my favourite Bond and I feel for the guy that has to fill his shoes, and two because it's seems like such an uncertain future after NTTD, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see Bond 26 in the next 4 years
    Jordo007 wrote: »

I'm must admit though, as much as I'm excited about NTTD I'm dreading it a little bit. One because Daniel is my favourite Bond and I feel for the guy that has to fill his shoes, and two because it's seems like such an uncertain future after NTTD, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see Bond 26 in the next 4 years

I feel the same, @Jordo007. Alas, I just can't see them doing another one in the next decade.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 15,785
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Hate to say it, but I agree. I think we're probably in for a HUGE hiatus after NTTD.
  • Is that new tagline official: "The mission that changes everything", and does it mean something for the future?

Also, Cavill is rumoured to be signed up for more Superman movies.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think Luke Evans is better supporter actor than leading man.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Maybe there were talks with Nolan prior to Craig returning for Bond 25. Maybe Nolan had a great pitch for Bond that included Hardy as a package deal. In this downtime EoN could have reflected on things and decided to go with it, thus keeping momentum. It could be ready to roll.
    Maybe the entire Hardy thing could just be bulls#@t. It's certainly got folk talking.