Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

It's certainly got folk talking.

Anything does these days, doesn't it? 8-|

But I guess that was always the case, though, not only these days.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    One-off film with Hardy as Covid-19 Bond wearing a mask the entire time.

Fully shot via Zoom. Faithful adaption of one of the many Fleming chapters in which Bond basically just sits in a Hotel room remembering something. Only we never see his memories.

Who says no?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Four years ago, the rumor went around that Theo James was cast as the next Bond. Just like then, this is bullshit until EON actually announces the seventh actor officially, and that will definitely be some time after NTTD is out of theaters, if not already on blu-ray and streaming.

Who the heck is Theo James???
    Univex wrote: »
    Well, yes, as a Hardy man yourself I'd know you would, @Risico007 ;)

There's a proposal for every fan, right? That is very interesting. We all have very different readings on the character. As long as they're not on the absurd side of things :) Which none of ours is.

How would Hardy propose to grow taller than 5ft 8in with the Bond girls towering over him at the promotion tours though.

Even Fleming had Bond at 6ft. Craig just about squeezes in at average UK height.

But Hardy is pretty short.

Brilliant actor, but far too short IMO.
    One-off film with Hardy as Covid-19 Bond wearing a mask the entire time.

Fully shot via Zoom. Faithful adaption of one of the many Fleming chapters in which Bond basically just sits in a Hotel room remembering something. Only we never see his memories.

Who says no?

No.

Kidding. That's actually the only way I'd have Hardy as Bond ;) Well done.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Can we have some fun and try find the worst photo of each candidate proposed so far? I need a good laugh.
    Can we have some fun and try find the worst photo of each candidate proposed so far? I need a good laugh.

That'd be grand :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Three from Aidan Turner
    eyekiylociaj.jpg
    tx0z9da9cgtp.jpg

30ck4uniqjlc.jpg
    Univex wrote: »
    Well, yes, as a Hardy man yourself I'd know you would, @Risico007 ;)

There's a proposal for every fan, right? That is very interesting. We all have very different readings on the character. As long as they're not on the absurd side of things :) Which none of ours is.
    True like I said if Turner is the next Bond 007 I will give him a shot
    peter wrote: »
    Yikes

I think a John Boyega is growing into a Bond like visage.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,131
    I think a John Boyega is growing into a Bond like visage.

As we are back to this....

It is implicit in the books (and since 1962 in film) that James Bond is a white British secret agent. When you start to read some Bond novels and watch the films, you can quickly ascertain that he was never intended to be portrayed as anything other than a much-improved version of Ian Fleming himself.

With this explicit ‘visage’’ in mind, personally I say ‘no’ to Boyega.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    John Boyega seems to come with too much baggage. He seems very opinionated. I really don't mind Bond not being white. Idris Elba would have been a great choice 10 years ago. In fact, I'd rather have someone with charisma, acting chops and screen presence than Henry Cavill. Cavill looks the part, but is incredibly wooden and a charisma vacuum. Aidan Turner looks the part, but screams TV actor. He feels lightweight in much the same way as Brosnan.
    John Boyega seems to come with too much baggage. He seems very opinionated. I really don't mind Bond not being white. Idris Elba would have been a great choice 10 years ago. In fact, I'd rather have someone with charisma, acting chops and screen presence than Henry Cavill. Cavill looks the part, but is incredibly wooden and a charisma vacuum. Aidan Turner looks the part, but screams TV actor. He feels lightweight in much the same way as Brosnan.

Cavill looks the part, but he’s not the best actor ever. However, in everything I’ve seen him in he cruises through on charisma and screen presence, rather than acting prowess.

I don’t want him as Bond, but Hollywood execs certainly see him as a ‘star.’ That’s a fact. Also, his success speaks for itself IMO.

I thought he was decent in ‘The Man From Uncle.’
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I'd be quite happy if either Turner got it

I'm must admit though, as much as I'm excited about NTTD I'm dreading it a little bit. One because Daniel is my favourite Bond and I feel for the guy that has to fill his shoes, and two because it's seems like such an uncertain future after NTTD, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see Bond 26 in the next 4 years

Hate to say it, but I agree. I think we're probably in for a HUGE hiatus after NTTD.

I think so too and that's why whoever has been mentioned here have now very small chances of becoming Bond. When they had any at all to begin with.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

Have you ever seen anything with Turner in it? Most likely a no.

Let's continue, meet Dopey, I mean Bond
    %2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fbcd4cd22-cd7f-11e9-bfe0-b5ac4ce6ca95.jpg?crop=2410%2C2410%2C700%2C1519
    edited September 2020 Posts: 8,037
    Benny wrote: »

Three from Aidan Turner
    eyekiylociaj.jpg
    tx0z9da9cgtp.jpg

30ck4uniqjlc.jpg

It's actually quite difficult to find dodgy photos of some of these guys!

Richard Madden:

image.jpg

The second of the two Turners:
    c26b265f110499a1f162325b800e84e0.jpg
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I'd be quite happy if either Turner got it

I'm must admit though, as much as I'm excited about NTTD I'm dreading it a little bit. One because Daniel is my favourite Bond and I feel for the guy that has to fill his shoes, and two because it's seems like such an uncertain future after NTTD, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see Bond 26 in the next 4 years

Hate to say it, but I agree. I think we're probably in for a HUGE hiatus after NTTD.

I think so too and that's why whoever has been mentioned here have now very small chances of becoming Bond. When they had any at all to begin with.

Yes, none of the actors mentioned will be the next Bond. It will be an unknown name, someone we haven't thought of but EON have their eyes on.

Cavil, Turner, Hardy, Elba, Fassbender, blah blah. It won't be any of these - 100% guaranteed.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Hi guys. I had a message from a friend a few days ago, as I'm sure many of you did, saying that Tom Hardy was confirmed as the next Bond. Obviously, looking this up I found that it was unconfirmed BS, which was a RELIEF.
    But you might be interested to know that 2/3 years ago I worked at a cafe/bar in Clerkenwell, London. We often hosted corporate gatherings. At one of these I overheard two guys chatting about the next Bond. One of them announced to his friend that Hardy was going to be the next Bond. He was certain about it. This was not based on an article he'd read (I say this only because of the way he spoke) but because he had inside knowledge. I didn't believe it myself, but as you can imagine it was quite shocking to hear! And he really should have been more careful of who might be listening..
    QsCat wrote: »
    Hi guys. I had a message from a friend a few days ago, as I'm sure many of you did, saying that Tom Hardy was confirmed as the next Bond. Obviously, looking this up I found that it was unconfirmed BS, which was a RELIEF.
    But you might be interested to know that 2/3 years ago I worked at a cafe/bar in Clerkenwell, London. We often hosted corporate gatherings. At one of these I overheard two guys chatting about the next Bond. One of them announced to his friend that Hardy was going to be the next Bond. He was certain about it. This was not based on an article he'd read (I say this only because of the way he spoke) but because he had inside knowledge. I didn't believe it myself, but as you can imagine it was quite shocking to hear! And he really should have been more careful of who might be listening..

The Evening Standard is reporting Hardy tested for Bond in June and is a lock. Of course, we all have heard this kind of thing before, but there you go.

People who know don't tell.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,983
    ColonelSun wrote: »

The Evening Standard is reporting Hardy tested for Bond in June and is a lock. Of course, we all have heard this kind of thing before, but there you go.

Really? That's new isn't it? Did they say they had a different source to this web news site?

EDIT: No, just had a look and they're just reporting what the Vulture article said.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Benny wrote: »
    eyekiylociaj.jpg

That's Bond right there ;) But on a very windy day.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Henry Cavill

c5b5d9e16d97dc5a4159f9c28cb386bd.jpg
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Henry Cavill

c5b5d9e16d97dc5a4159f9c28cb386bd.jpg

James Bond Jr. right there ;)
    I just couldn't resist
    76532_original.jpg
    That man lost me as a fan that day.
    Indeed. Loki went loco, that day.
    I just couldn't resist
    76532_original.jpg

That's a winner, there. Pretty cringeworthy.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Hiddleston is probably the only actor they could choose at this point that would make me not even bother to watch...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Hiddleston is probably the only actor they could choose at this point that would make me not even bother to watch...

😂😂😂