NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,635
    Has there been a confirmed time for the trailer tomorrow? Or will it be the standard 6pm in England and 1pm East Coast USA
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Has there been a confirmed time for the trailer tomorrow? Or will it be the standard 6pm in England and 1pm East Coast USA

I'd guess it'll line up with the same release time as yesterday's poster and today's teaser, so most likely, yes. I won't complain if it arrives sooner, however.
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    Every single shot in that ten second clip looks perfect. I bet Sandgren has knocked it outta the park.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    Mallory wrote: »
    Every single shot in that ten second clip looks perfect. I bet Sandgren has knocked it outta the park.

Yeah, I think right from that first Jamaican BTS, we knew it was going to be a visually impressive Bond film. And what I like about Cary & Linus is that, they seem to understand that first of all, Bond is all about style before even adding the narrative.
    Brilliant!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So that’s 1pm for us in the U.K.?
    Noon, Marketto's source is meaning BST here.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,180
    Yep, thanks @antovolk, sorry for the confusion fellas.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yep, thanks @antovolk, sorry for the confusion fellas.
    Thanks for all the info @marketto007, you're too good to us haha :D
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 2,878
    The navy boat launching missiles really resembles the ending of TND :-?

Or TSWLM
    The palette and overall look Fukunaga and Sandgren put together for this is great.

Not loving the tealgrade in many scenes. I prefer proper white balance.
    w8bAUbm.jpg

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hey guys I noticed something and wasn't sure if it had been mentioned before. Look at the shot of Bond running to jump off the bridge in the Oscars tv spot and the Super Bowl tv spot. Oscar tv spot at about 9 seconds and Super Bowl one at about 8 seconds. And pay attention to the background...
    And as for the length of the trailer? Shorter, like the other??
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hey guys I noticed something and wasn't sure if it had been mentioned before. Look at the shot of Bond running to jump off the bridge in the Oscars tv spot and the Super Bowl tv spot. Oscar tv spot at about 9 seconds and Super Bowl one at about 8 seconds. And pay attention to the background...
    The bridge sequence was shot in a different location in Puglia Italy. They added the bridge to the Matera backdrop using CGI.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    This...

bC5XxPW.jpg
  • Matt519007Matt519007 Proud defender of Spectre, QoS, TND & LTK
    Hi everyone, new to the forum but a proud bond fanatic since January of 1999 when I first saw Tomorrow Never Dies, these clips look amazing! I have a feeling Blofeld is going to have a very pivotal role in this film. He wouldn’t have been brought back for a few throwaway lines.
    Just a heads up - someone on the Bond subreddit saw it ahead of Tenet last night and is claiming there's 'one big spoiler'...
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,434
    As short as the trailer is, being an avid film score fan, I couldn't help myself to listen to the trailer's music again. It has the usual Zimmer's BWAARHHHMMMM. But then again, almost every Composer does BWAARHHMMMM these days because Zimmer's music is so good. I really feel for Zimmer, as his imitators have made his sound a bit difficult to detect at times. Even with today's full trailer, it would still be difficult to detect if it's Zimmer's music. And it's not as if Zimmer haven't been updating his style, but whenever he does, they copy it. The innovative Inception score has been copied. Funny enough, Newman's 1917 score has Dunkirk written all over it, coz now every war film wants to use a ticking watch because Zimmer did it. But all in all, I know Zimmer's score for NTTD would be unique again.
    Matt519007 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, new to the forum but a proud bond fanatic since January of 1999 when I first saw Tomorrow Never Dies, these clips look amazing! I have a feeling Blofeld is going to have a very pivotal role in this film. He wouldn’t have been brought back for a few throwaway lines.

Welcome @Matt519007. Good to have you.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ggl007 wrote: »
    This...

bC5XxPW.jpg

Good spot; interesting how even the wall changed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    As short as the trailer is, being an avid film score fan, I couldn't help myself to listen to the trailer's music again. It has the usual Zimmer's BWAARHHHMMMM. But then again, almost every Composer does BWAARHHMMMM these days because Zimmer's music is so good. I really feel for Zimmer, as his imitators have made his sound a bit difficult to detect at times. Even with today's full trailer, it would still be difficult to detect if it's Zimmer's music. And it's not as if Zimmer haven't been updating his style, but whenever he does, they copy it. The innovative Inception score has been copied. Funny enough, Newman's 1917 score has Dunkirk written all over it, coz now every war film wants to use a ticking watch because Zimmer did it. But all in all, I know Zimmer's score for NTTD would be unique again.

I don't think the 10 sec teaser was Zimmer, because it's the same arrangement of the Bond theme as in the previous trailer, just with slightly different orchestration.
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    90 mins peeps!

(Dances around living room)
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I don't think the 10 sec teaser was Zimmer, because it's the same arrangement of the Bond theme as in the previous trailer, just with slightly different orchestration.

Yeah, I don't think it's Zimmer too.
    Mallory wrote: »
    90 mins peeps!

(Dances around living room)

Lol, No dance beats a Bondian one. I never imagined we'll be seeing anything from NTTD this year....not even a poster, let alone two trailers.

Tempus Fugit :)
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
  • Is that whispers of Zimmer I hear, perhaps?
  • So much great new footage and the cinematography is excellent all around. Not very spoiler-heavy either, which is nice.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    WOW! This movie looks insanely good.