NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Hey guys I noticed something and wasn't sure if it had been mentioned before. Look at the shot of Bond running to jump off the bridge in the Oscars tv spot and the Super Bowl tv spot. Oscar tv spot at about 9 seconds and Super Bowl one at about 8 seconds. And pay attention to the background...
    The bridge sequence was shot in a different location in Puglia Italy. They added the bridge to the Matera backdrop using CGI.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    This...

bC5XxPW.jpg
  • Hi everyone, new to the forum but a proud bond fanatic since January of 1999 when I first saw Tomorrow Never Dies, these clips look amazing! I have a feeling Blofeld is going to have a very pivotal role in this film. He wouldn’t have been brought back for a few throwaway lines.
    Just a heads up - someone on the Bond subreddit saw it ahead of Tenet last night and is claiming there's 'one big spoiler'...
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    As short as the trailer is, being an avid film score fan, I couldn't help myself to listen to the trailer's music again. It has the usual Zimmer's BWAARHHHMMMM. But then again, almost every Composer does BWAARHHMMMM these days because Zimmer's music is so good. I really feel for Zimmer, as his imitators have made his sound a bit difficult to detect at times. Even with today's full trailer, it would still be difficult to detect if it's Zimmer's music. And it's not as if Zimmer haven't been updating his style, but whenever he does, they copy it. The innovative Inception score has been copied. Funny enough, Newman's 1917 score has Dunkirk written all over it, coz now every war film wants to use a ticking watch because Zimmer did it. But all in all, I know Zimmer's score for NTTD would be unique again.
    Matt519007 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, new to the forum but a proud bond fanatic since January of 1999 when I first saw Tomorrow Never Dies, these clips look amazing! I have a feeling Blofeld is going to have a very pivotal role in this film. He wouldn’t have been brought back for a few throwaway lines.

Welcome @Matt519007. Good to have you.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ggl007 wrote: »
    This...

bC5XxPW.jpg

Good spot; interesting how even the wall changed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    As short as the trailer is, being an avid film score fan, I couldn't help myself to listen to the trailer's music again. It has the usual Zimmer's BWAARHHHMMMM. But then again, almost every Composer does BWAARHHMMMM these days because Zimmer's music is so good. I really feel for Zimmer, as his imitators have made his sound a bit difficult to detect at times. Even with today's full trailer, it would still be difficult to detect if it's Zimmer's music. And it's not as if Zimmer haven't been updating his style, but whenever he does, they copy it. The innovative Inception score has been copied. Funny enough, Newman's 1917 score has Dunkirk written all over it, coz now every war film wants to use a ticking watch because Zimmer did it. But all in all, I know Zimmer's score for NTTD would be unique again.

I don't think the 10 sec teaser was Zimmer, because it's the same arrangement of the Bond theme as in the previous trailer, just with slightly different orchestration.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    90 mins peeps!

(Dances around living room)
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I don't think the 10 sec teaser was Zimmer, because it's the same arrangement of the Bond theme as in the previous trailer, just with slightly different orchestration.

Yeah, I don't think it's Zimmer too.
    Mallory wrote: »
    90 mins peeps!

(Dances around living room)

Lol, No dance beats a Bondian one. I never imagined we'll be seeing anything from NTTD this year....not even a poster, let alone two trailers.

Tempus Fugit :)
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Is that whispers of Zimmer I hear, perhaps?
  • So much great new footage and the cinematography is excellent all around. Not very spoiler-heavy either, which is nice.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    WOW! This movie looks insanely good.
    Is that whispers of Zimmer I hear, perhaps?

That new Bond theme at the beginning? God I hope so.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Very impressed. Roll on November.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looks absolutely fantastic.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    antovolk wrote: »

Just got goosebumps. Pumped!
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 440
    The forest sequence looks like it's going to be a standout. Bond on his own versus an army of men, trapped in a misty wood, with better-armed enemies in heavy-duty vehicles popping out nowhere to attack him. Could almost be a scene from a horror film, the lighting certainly suggests it.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    This trailer was definitely worth the wait. Bring on November! :D
  • It's even better than I imagined or hoped for.
    “If we dont do this... there’ll be nothing left to save”.

End of the world stakes!

Love it!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I'm shacking.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Do we feel like we've heard anything of Zimmer's score?
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Looks like a lot of vehicular action in this, car, bike, chopper, jet and even what appeared to be a battleship..
  • The new shots of Safin's lair are excellent, and it's pretty clear that they took at least a little bit of inspiration from the Garden of Death in YOLT.

nodGS3Y.png
    MiDC18g.png
    YXwCZJ5.png

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The trailer score was reminiscent of the TB score. At least too me, it had a slight TB vibe.
    NTTD is looking to be very action heavy.