Your Bond Collection

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Looking through my album collection and I have the following on LP. I believe they are original pressings. :)

James Bond Greatest Hits EMTV 007 (also states OC 062-83 029 released on EMI records. Contains 20 tracks. From DN to FYEO. Includes Kingston Calypso, Under the Mango Tree, 007 (TB version), We Have all the Time in the World, Just a Closer Walk with Thee New Second Line (LALD), Bond Meets Solitaire (LALD), Bond 77 (TSWLM)

FYEO Liberty records LOO-1109
    AVTAK Capitol Records SJ-12413
    TLD WB Records 9256161
    LTK MCA Records MCA-6307

May have to give them a listen. I am not a huge audiophile so I can't tell you if they are superior in sound to the CD's or not. :)
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    A very talented friend of mine made for me custom steekbooks for the first six Bond films. They were made according to my specifications and artwork choices.
    They are by far my most prized steelbooks in my collection (I collect steels and Premium editions btw).
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    They sound amazing @R1s1ngs0n, I’m not a collector of steel books but I do have a few (non-Bond) steels of favourite films I’ve bought and they do look really good - would be great to see some photos of yours if you’re happy to post them!
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    A very talented friend of mine made for me custom steekbooks for the first six Bond films. They were made according to my specifications and artwork choices.
    They are by far my most prized steelbooks in my collection (I collect steels and Premium editions btw).

Would love to see some photographs of them.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,002
    z23fQVY.jpg
    2ybR7ES.jpg
    VwkurHb.jpg
    CqCZItp.jpg
    4PCfbgA.jpg
    2iU9PZ0.jpg
    yQzXC31.jpg
    MyLFrWD.jpg
    fztohm3.jpg
    uYnOG7L.jpg
    f9cxSa3.jpg
    AZ0jU8i.jpg
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Wow @R1s1ngs0n those steel books are amazing, how great that you chose your own designs/images to create bespoke cases. I particularly love the Dr No and YOLT ones. I can see why they take pride of place in your collection, thanks for sharing!

PS not sure about formats, but I use postimages.org to upload images for the forum, then add the generated URLs into the post from the ‘image’ button on the toolbar.
    Wow @R1s1ngs0n those steel books are amazing, how great that you chose your own designs/images to create bespoke cases. I particularly love the Dr No and YOLT ones. I can see why they take pride of place in your collection, thanks for sharing!

PS not sure about formats, but I use postimages.org to upload images for the forum, then add the generated URLs into the post from the ‘image’ button on the toolbar.

Thanks!
    Dr. No is probably my favorite although I wasn't quite satisfied with the back as the black area was added in order for the full artwork to fit the template.
    I recently asked my friend to re-create the steelbook but with different inside art and major improvement to the back (using the same artwork).
    The artwork for Dr. No, OHMSS and the front cover of YOLT was created by an artist called Jeff Marshall - he's a huge Bong fan and his illustrations/lithos/posters are gorgeous. He also made stunning art for FRWL, Goldfinger and Thunderball but unfortunately these could only fit an horizontal steelbook, which I didn't want.
    For these 3 films and YOLT's back I used well known illustrations and promo shots.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Much obliged !
    I wonder if the AM outfits fit SS figures , some might be too baggy for them to wear i pressume ?
    Qba007 wrote: »
    @hegottheboot_ Have received Thunderball UAL 4132 B mono, sealed - most likely never played, my first James Bond and John Barry LP! :)
    As I see some sellers collect LPs in the hope that in the future they will sell with higher price but I opened to listen to this marvelous music, not just to have.

Have also ordered La-La Land Records 2CD expanded TWINE and DAD plus Dances with Wolves. Hope they will release older expanded Bonds in the near future.

I am hunting for others Bond LPs ...
    I'm missing the 2003 CDs of DN and GE, and original US mono DN, YOLT. I need to get a replacement stereo TB as mine is pretty trashed but most copies I find are no better.
    Have founded brand new CDs:
    DN:
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Dr.+No&_sacat=176984&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=1000
    GE:
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/176984/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=goldeneye&LH_ItemCondition=3

Awesome! I hope you enjoy them. The LLL expansions of TWINE and DAD are releases I thought would never happen and wipe the floor with the old CDs. Particularly DAD which had a lot of loudness compression on the original 2002 CD.
    thedove wrote: »
    Looking through my album collection and I have the following on LP. I believe they are original pressings. :)

James Bond Greatest Hits EMTV 007 (also states OC 062-83 029 released on EMI records. Contains 20 tracks. From DN to FYEO. Includes Kingston Calypso, Under the Mango Tree, 007 (TB version), We Have all the Time in the World, Just a Closer Walk with Thee New Second Line (LALD), Bond Meets Solitaire (LALD), Bond 77 (TSWLM)

FYEO Liberty records LOO-1109
    AVTAK Capitol Records SJ-12413
    TLD WB Records 9256161
    LTK MCA Records MCA-6307

May have to give them a listen. I am not a huge audiophile so I can't tell you if they are superior in sound to the CD's or not. :)
    That sounds like original copies of FYEO-LTK. They swapped record companies throughout the 80's. The Dalton films are the hardest to find on LP with LTK being extraordinarily difficult and generally fetching prices well above $20-$40 USD. Comparing to the CDs the mostly sounds the same with some different EQ choices here and there and Ryko expanded FYEO and TLD. AVTAK is night and day as the 2003 CD sounds pretty bad and muffled and the LP is warm and exceptionally well mastered. I'd love to find the original 1991 Japanese AVTAK CD one day which sounds great as well.

That is the JB compilation LP I recommended above. Absolutely incredible LP that sounds great with brilliant mastering.
    z23fQVY.jpg
    2ybR7ES.jpg
    VwkurHb.jpg
    CqCZItp.jpg
    4PCfbgA.jpg
    2iU9PZ0.jpg
    yQzXC31.jpg
    MyLFrWD.jpg
    fztohm3.jpg
    uYnOG7L.jpg
    f9cxSa3.jpg
    AZ0jU8i.jpg

Wow, I never knew one could make custom steelbooks. Those look very nice!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The custom steelbooks are unbelievable. I want him to make me some!
    z23fQVY.jpg
    2ybR7ES.jpg
    VwkurHb.jpg
    CqCZItp.jpg
    4PCfbgA.jpg
    2iU9PZ0.jpg
    yQzXC31.jpg
    MyLFrWD.jpg
    fztohm3.jpg
    uYnOG7L.jpg
    f9cxSa3.jpg
    AZ0jU8i.jpg

That THUNDERBALL one is stunning!!
    How many times is somebody going to repost these covers in this thread?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    z23fQVY.jpg
    2ybR7ES.jpg
    VwkurHb.jpg
    CqCZItp.jpg
    4PCfbgA.jpg
    2iU9PZ0.jpg
    yQzXC31.jpg
    MyLFrWD.jpg
    fztohm3.jpg
    uYnOG7L.jpg
    f9cxSa3.jpg
    AZ0jU8i.jpg

That THUNDERBALL one is stunning!!

These are great. Although I do prefer the ones that use artworks as opposed to the 1996 'baby hands' covers. Really like the OHMSS one with just Bond and Tracy.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,002
    These are great. Although I do prefer the ones that use artworks as opposed to the 1996 'baby hands' covers. Really like the OHMSS one with just Bond and Tracy.[/quote]

Thanks for all the kind feedbacks.
    I chose this less ‘Bondian’ art for OHMSS as it is a much more character driven movie whose focus is the love story between Bond and Tracy. The white background also complements perfectly the film’s main setting.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 1,637

AVTAK 35 today
    Very happy with Doody autograph , she no longer signe thru mail and very seldom seen in public
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    All the way from Florida to my doorstep:

50043433828_f6e17e9662_o.png
    Nice!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »

Did you get a package price for Dalton, the book and the cat??
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,682

You look a lot like Tim Dalton, I must say.

So does that man.

(Cool buy!)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

Very nice! Wonder what word they censored after 'The'?
    105277680_269896390926706_3810475965144907579_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=wwTIOKXNDZUAX87jOmn&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=127041647454d48b6613697d9d676e61&oe=5F1C4026

Thank you for the brilliant poster, @mtm! Legendary addition to my Bond workstation! :P
    Did you get a package price for Dalton, the book and the cat??
    It did indeed come with a cat, and they even threw in a few extra toes. No Dalton to be seen though. I fear he's been kidnapped by someone. (clue below)
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Wonder what word they censored after 'The'?
    'black'.
    It did indeed come with a cat, and they even threw in a few extra toes. No Dalton to be seen though. I fear he's been kidnapped by someone. (clue below)

These are baseless accusations and furthermore I'm not letting you in without a search warrant.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,002
    Almost forgot 😅
    This Mondo beauty by American artist Todd Slater hangs proudly in my living room 😍
    TIVz9RV.jpg
    Today I completed a lockdown project I've been on since the end of May: 1/24 scale model 2CV, with an aftermarket 007 Edition decal set. I'm really pleased with how this has turned out!

820059-72075-33-1440.jpg

820058-72075-36-1440.jpg

820057-72075-45-1440.jpg

820055-72075-89-1440.jpg

Kit: https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/89654citroen/index.htm
    Decals: https://www.hiroboy.com/124_Citroen_2CV_007_1981_Decals_and_Resin--product--4523.html
    Lots of WIP pics:
    That's fantastic, @Agent_99. Paint and decals look very professional. Congrats!