How Much for NTTD to have it now?

Hi All,

i did look to see if this matter has been asked and could not find anything so apologies if i have duplicated.

Like most i expected to of already been to the Cinema at least 5 times by now to watch NTTD if the original release date had stayed the same. obviously in these uncertain times i understand and agree with the change in release date however without being too dramatic and without a vaccine and the terrible loss of life i ask myself how confident will i be going in a cinema when the time comes.

I love the premier .. the cast and huge stars taking selfies and interacting with the thousands of fans who are packed in having waited hours for a glimpse of the actors as they attend the Royal Premier, but what was once expected, the world has changed and things that would once of been considered normal like shaking hands and being close together will not return for a long time even after lock down is lifted. Potentially it could well be another 12 months if not longer before any type of event like this would be considered.

So the question i have been asking myself and now asking you all is would you pay to get the film now and if so how much ... Sky Box Office? 4K Ultra Blue Ray release? Amazon Prime or through the official website? I am fully aware of how reliant Cinema's are on such a huge event and i would still go and watch on a big screen even if i had seen it.

I also feel it would be a positive move and for a change some good news to share.

I know that you will all have your own take on this and look forward to discussing.

Stay Safe and Be Well.

Regards

Tony James

Comments

• edited May 2020 Posts: 17,241
    So the question i have been asking myself and now asking you all is would you pay to get the film now and if so how much ... Sky Box Office? 4K Ultra Blue Ray release? Amazon Prime or through the official website? I am fully aware of how reliant Cinema's are on such a huge event and i would still go and watch on a big screen even if i had seen it.

I'd happily pay to see NTTD now. Going to the cinema is low on my priorities even when things turn for the better.

However, it would depend on the price and if it was a VOD rental or a purchase (digital or DVD/Blu-ray). I see some recent releases are available to rent these days, such as The Invisible Man, which I can rent for 189 Norwegian kroner (£14,60/$18,30). That's too much for a rental, IMO – even for a Bond film. I wouldn't pay more than the cost of a cinema ticket to see a (rental) film at home. If I could purchase the film for the same price, then I'd definitely do that.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    I would pay $100 USD — over that I’d start considering waiting for DVD release.
  • With a "captive" at-home audience, I would think they would do a one-time pre-announced sneak peak Pay-Per-View event, with a theatrical release for a later date to play off the reviews. Even at $30, it would be an event equating to $15pp for a couple and $7.50pp for a family of four. (You get it, do the math.)
    With a "captive" at-home audience, I would think they would do a one-time pre-announced sneak peak Pay-Per-View event, with a theatrical release for a later date to play off the reviews. Even at $30, it would be an event equating to $15pp for a couple and $7.50pp for a family of four. (You get it, do the math.)

VOD works for family films....but not on this fare. I think a large amount of the population who would pay to see this film - namely teenage, 20/30-something men - will find a way to pirate it.

Plus older people who grew up with Bond and in their 60, 70, or 80's don't even know what iTunes is...
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    I'll be honest, if it leaked online right now I would seriously consider pirating it.
    Agent_One wrote: »
    I'll be honest, if it leaked online right now I would seriously consider pirating it.

I know I would admitting anything else would be a lie, but upon release in the cinema I would still go and see it again.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I definitely want to see it in the cinema. If necessary, I would wait another year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wouldn t pay much to see it on a streaming service, but could pay double the usual price to see it in the cinema right now.
    I would pay 1 gold bullion to watch it now at home. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2020 Posts: 17,728
    I'd given them £1. Take it or leave it. If they're gonna leave it: Thank you. Good night. Much love.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2020 Posts: 16,328
    They can have my pocket change then I'll go to my friends house and watch it on his huge tv. It's like going to a theater but better. :D
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    After a point, maybe they'd pay me to see it. Just being positive, here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    After a point, maybe they'd pay me to see it. Just being positive, here.

Yes, negative interest rates have come into play here and there, so why not?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,541
    This thread title is a bit funny but i like it, how much ?
    50,000 baht
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The first show I’d see in the cinema would cost me five tickets for my wife and kids, plus refreshments and parking.... thats $100 at least.

I’d buy this for 48 hour rental at a $100.
    I would pay the equivalent of a cinema ticket to rent it on Itunes.I wouldnt do that for every new release.I dont particularly like cinemas anymore and much prefer to watch films at home where i have full control of the conditions and company.

I always cringe when i hear stories of people clapping and cheering in the theater at certain movies.I mean seriously! Thats embarassing.
    peter wrote: »
    Me too.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Univex wrote: »
    Me too.

Same here.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 6,665
    Univex wrote: »
    Me too.

Same here.

So they'd get 10 times more the price of a single cinema ticket per person. Assuming everyone would be willing to pay that price, of course.
    And I’d happily pay again to see it again in theatres once it comes out. But obviously the general audiences aren’t quite as obsessed.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And I’d happily pay again to see it again in theatres once it comes out. But obviously the general audiences aren’t quite as obsessed.

as I would.
    Why can't they just cater to us? ;)
    I will not pay for it unless it is shown in cinema.
    How much for NTTD to have it now?
    No.
    I wonder how long it will be until we can get back to anything like a normal cinema experience. Probably a year off, and even then unappealing.

I’ll pay 100£ for a weeks rental.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    mattjoes wrote: »
    How much for NTTD to have it now?
    No.

All right 20,000 baht
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,416
    I wil pay the 21 euro Rijksmuseum asking to get in if there play the film in filmroom there with atleast audio in FULL DTS 5.1 (1509) and can use ticket also for a visit of the rest of museum on that day or another day.

There should searchs of alternate ways to show the movie on the big screen.

2-3 months the movie normaly get is by far not long enough, also there need now two rooms for each movie. 6 rooms for three movies. NTTD, Soul and another movie. If there delay Top Gun 2 to second weak of January then there can give NTTD 4 rooms. There should take a look or there can show the movie three times a day. Example for 12.30 - 15.30 / 16.00 - 19.00/ 19.30 - 22.30. That's 163 minutes for the movie, 20minutes of cinema comercials and 27 minutes for cleaning/set up the next screening. Cinemas wil possible whant to close the doors before 23.00.

as I would.

And I.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Even if it's 2021, there are now virtually no films going into production. So there will be a deficit. And a Bond film will always be an event.
    I would pay more than the usual to see it at home instead of the cinema. Be no different to spending that money on concessions.