How Much for NTTD to have it now?

Comments

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    I’m not sure where to post this, but the movie version of “Hamilton” (due in 2021) is bypassing a theatrical release and going directly to streaming.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/05/12/854437197/hamilton-coming-to-disney-on-july-3-bypassing-2021-theatrical-release?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

While not the “tent pole” movie that NTTD is, if more movies go this route things could get very interesting. Especially since some states are delaying mass gatherings until the fall.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    There's no way NTTD will ever bypass cinemas. They'd never make back their budget.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    peter wrote: »
    The first show I’d see in the cinema would cost me five tickets for my wife and kids, plus refreshments and parking.... thats $100 at least.

I’d buy this for 48 hour rental at a $100.

I would happily pay the same. Especially now for premium content
    Agent_One wrote: »
    There's no way NTTD will ever bypass cinemas. They'd never make back their budget.

I would not expect so but with the current WHO predictions I expect NTTD not to appear in cinema perhaps the second half of 2021
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 199
    They will release it theatrically first. I hope November will be safe, but it all depends on whether there's a second outbreak. Sorry, rephrase that, what the severity / rate of Fall infections will be (and there will be!). The massive problem for EON is that the movie will NOT make a billion dollars. Nothing even close to that in reality. It can't. No way. Covid-19 will be with us at least until 2021, even if there's a vaccine. It means cinemas will not enjoy the same level of audience numbers for many, many months. Social distancing (and public unease) will keep people away. I think the best EON can hope for is a November theatrical release followed by a quick home release, perhaps end January?
    The only other option is to delay the film again until Spring 2021, meaning it would have been held back for over 12 months! But then your up against a possible 3rd wave, resulting in yet another lock-down situation. There is no easy solution.
    Unless they cut their loses and look for a direct-to-tv / streaming services and charge a premium for it?
    But my money is on them sticking to November.
  • This thread title is a bit funny but i like it, how much ?
    50,000 baht
    Why can't they just cater to us? ;)
    mattjoes wrote: »
    How much for NTTD to have it now?
    No.

All right 20,000 baht

How much to have it NOW? I'll sacrifice your grandparents (mine are already dead) and someone else's first-born.

Only kidding, of course. Dark humor perhaps, but that's about the only kind I can muster these days. This is a moot conversation even before we've started it. EON would lose money by the bucketful if they were to release it initially through the internet or in any other way than through the theaters. So that's just not going to happen. As things stand, the film industry is going to be on shaky legs for a year at least once the theaters DO re-open, and a tent-pole film like the newest Bond release will probably be crucial to getting folks back into the theaters. I suppose I'm just an odd duck: there's plenty of other stuff available to watch & read & listen to right now. I'll catch up on that stuff now & be patient enough to see NTTD when it is theatrically released. I'll pay the going rate at that time & pick up on the home disc at the cheapest rate available when that comes around. It's what I consider getting back to normal. I'm not expecting it to happen soon, but I do intend to be here when it does happen.
    Tenet is still on course to open in July.WB seem pretty confident it will get people back in theaters.If it does well,id say NTTD will open in November barring another outbreak.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited May 2020 Posts: 1,006
    I wonder how much traction a Kick Starter campaign to release NTTD digitally would get? Maybe pledge $30-$100 (ish) that will only be charged if released early... anyone wanna try? 😂
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2020 Posts: 7,526
    I wonder how much traction a Kick Starter campaign to release NTTD digitally would get? Maybe pledge $30-$100 (ish) that will only be charged if released early... anyone wanna try? 😂

It would be an interesting idea, but it would have to generate something like 20x more than the largest Kickstarter ever for EON to even pay attention to it I'd think. :P
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’ve thought about this. I think the most I would pay to see it today in my home instead of November would be 200$.
    I’ve thought about this. I think the most I would pay to see it today in my home instead of November would be 200$.

I’d like to say the same but I know, if they released it now for more I’d probably pay it. I’d never be able to justify it to anyone I know, but yeah, I’d pay a lot to see it now.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    This thread title is a bit funny but i like it, how much ?
    50,000 baht
    Why can't they just cater to us? ;)
    No.

All right 20,000 baht

How much to have it NOW? I'll sacrifice your grandparents (mine are already dead) and someone else's first-born.

Only kidding, of course. Dark humor perhaps, but that's about the only kind I can muster these days. This is a moot conversation even before we've started it. EON would lose money by the bucketful if they were to release it initially through the internet or in any other way than through the theaters. So that's just not going to happen. As things stand, the film industry is going to be on shaky legs for a year at least once the theaters DO re-open, and a tent-pole film like the newest Bond release will probably be crucial to getting folks back into the theaters. I suppose I'm just an odd duck: there's plenty of other stuff available to watch & read & listen to right now. I'll catch up on that stuff now & be patient enough to see NTTD when it is theatrically released. I'll pay the going rate at that time & pick up on the home disc at the cheapest rate available when that comes around. It's what I consider getting back to normal. I'm not expecting it to happen soon, but I do intend to be here when it does happen.

My grandparents were already dead before i was born and i am not married yet so no kids :P

Although, i am in the same camp, even if they release it for 60th anniversary i would be fine with it. EON won't release this film on vod or in theatre anytime soon, even if thing's start going back to normal near November, it's better to wait for people to get out more before they are sure to release it. Another big thing they might be considering, is how winter is going to play out, imagine if they release it in November and we have a 2nd wave at that point, sorry to say this but by now i am sure this film is not coming out in 2020. The best we can hope is April 2021.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

I’d like to say the same but I know, if they released it now for more I’d probably pay it. I’d never be able to justify it to anyone I know, but yeah, I’d pay a lot to see it now.

Hahaha- nice. At least you are honest with yourself
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    B. Broccoli was asked about releasing Bond on VOD in the future. Her response was that it's all about what the fans want. First of all, the fans never asked for a Bond film to have a 250 mil budget, only that it's about the execution of a good story. Second, I guarantee that many of us would have taken a recasting after 'Spectre' than waiting over 2 years for Daniel Craig to make up his mind. Everyone on the film has been paid, and if EON care about their audience, they'll find a way to release the film sooner than later. Taken the situation, they wouldn't be happy with breaking even by doing a VOD release, yet they're starting to hopefully realize that the 1 billion mark may be a dream in this very uncertain time.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    OOWolf wrote: »
    B. Broccoli was asked about releasing Bond on VOD in the future. Her response was that it's all about what the fans want. First of all, the fans never asked for a Bond film to have a 250 mil budget, only that it's about the execution of a good story. Second, I guarantee that many of us would have taken a recasting after 'Spectre' than waiting over 2 years for Daniel Craig to make up his mind. Everyone on the film has been paid, and if EON care about their audience, they'll find a way to release the film sooner than later. Taken the situation, they wouldn't be happy with breaking even by doing a VOD release, yet they're starting to hopefully realize that the 1 billion mark may be a dream in this very uncertain time.

I wouldn't.
    echo wrote: »

I wouldn't.

Me neither.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    echo wrote: »

I wouldn't.

Me neither.

Nor I.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    edited May 2020 Posts: 140
    If I had the choice, hands down, I'd always choose the cinema. I just think the November release is very, very tentative right now and the loyal fans who have been funding the releases have waited a very long time, as it is.
    I would wait for a cinema release as well and start in the mean time with a new 007 and the preparations for a new movie.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'd give my third nipple to see it today.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I would wait for a cinema release as well and start in the mean time with a new 007 and the preparations for a new movie.

Problem is, all production has been halted. Even if they had everything crackin' and ready to go, they couldn't start many pre-production steps. I have friends in the film business, and they say that even if everything went back to normal, the industry wouldn't open back up immediately for insurance reasons.
    For social distancing in the UK they are talking about only 20% capacity on public transport. If cinema follows that sort of trend then the money making opportunities when they restart will be very low.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    I just don't think the distributors could get anywhere near their desired numbers at this point. I have a feeling that 'NTTD' will take the VOD route if it can't be released in November -at least that's what I'm hoping.

Problem is, all production has been halted. Even if they had everything crackin' and ready to go, they couldn't start many pre-production steps. I have friends in the film business, and they say that even if everything went back to normal, the industry wouldn't open back up immediately for insurance reasons.

They can write a script and look at possible actors and venues to film so that they know what they want and when.

They can write a script and look at possible actors and venues to film so that they know what they want and when.

Definitely the least they could do is start working on a new script I would think.

Definitely the least they could do is start working on a new script I would think.

That would be great. I wish Eon had a team writing Bond scripts for future movies like they used to.
    However I think they'll give it a couple years after NTTD is released before contemplating what to do with Bond next.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

That would be great. I wish Eon had a team writing Bond scripts for future movies like they used to.
    However I think they'll give it a couple years after NTTD is released before contemplating what to do with Bond next.

That would not very professional by EON, they can develop various script in various directions in these times, it would offer them less time when they decide to go forward with the next 007.

One can only hope that the next actor will be able to do 1 movie each 2/3 years.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    I assume that EON aren't really sure how to proceed. I believe they haven't for a while, and this situation we find ourselves in does not help, by any means.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What have the Roman’s ever done for us?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    No.

All right 20,000 baht
    It's just that I've watched most of the Bond films for the first time in home video. I want to see this one on a big screen.