How Much for NTTD to have it now?

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I suppose my question would be: does it cost money for them to keep the completed film on the shelves? What happens to the rights of the finished film if MGM go bankrupt in the meantime?

My point is, when November comes around, they might just have to release it and accept trying to make 600 mil and break even rather than any 1 billion pipe dream. Just make back the investment and move on
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    I suppose my question would be: does it cost money for them to keep the completed film on the shelves? What happens to the rights of the finished film if MGM go bankrupt in the meantime?

My point is, when November comes around, they might just have to release it and accept trying to make 600 mil and break even rather than any 1 billion pipe dream. Just make back the investment and move on

I couldn't agree more. If the issue is piracy, I can't believe they don't have the technology to do some mega encryption of it so it can't leak. I think that's the biggest concern regarding the film on 'VOD.' I think at this point, it's very difficult for the distributors to set a firm re-release date, so who knows if the November dates mean diddly squat. I mean, even if every distancing measure were to be lifted, are they that confident that people will just swarm back to the theaters?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    mattjoes wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    How much for NTTD to have it now?
    No.

All right 20,000 baht
    It's just that I've watched most of the Bond films for the first time in home video. I want to see this one on a big screen.

Me too buddy, i have been a fan since 2009 (10 yrs), so only able to watched SF and SP in theatre. I am fine either way but would prefer in theatre's. If they release on vod now and in cinema a few months later, i would watch on both.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Do you think there are any conversations being had with streaming services to buy the rights to Bond including No Time To Die to generate the most return on investment. Perhaps a company like Apple or Amazon who would benefit both from the catalogue of Bond films as well as a premiere release could swoop in should a second wave hit.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Do you think there are any conversations being had with streaming services to buy the rights to Bond including No Time To Die to generate the most return on investment. Perhaps a company like Apple or Amazon who would benefit both from the catalogue of Bond films as well as a premiere release could swoop in should a second wave hit.

Now that Bezos is a Trillionaire, acquiring the rights to stream 'NTTD' would be pennies to him and he could cover any difference without a problem.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    OOWolf wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Now that Bezos is a Trillionaire, acquiring the rights to stream 'NTTD' would be pennies to him and he could cover any difference without a problem.

I mean thats what I would spend the money on!!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    vzok wrote: »

Surreal. Watching a new Bond in an environment like that would be strange. Maybe a good opportunity to check out the VIP theatres, which I understand has seating spaced like that anyways.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 615
    They'll likely try something like this... but most American cinemas simply won't make enough money to stay open.

Unless they charge $40 a ticket, that is.
    They generally earn most of their money due to the selling of food and drinks.
    SaintMark wrote: »

Indeed. Now, correlate the amount of drinks/snacks sold with the number of people allowed into each screening...

With only 50% occupancy (or less) allowed, there will be a direct, corresponding drop in concession stand sales.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    CraterGuns wrote: »

Indeed. Now, correlate the amount of drinks/snacks sold with the number of people allowed into each screening...

With only 50% occupancy (or less) allowed, there will be a direct, corresponding drop in concession stand sales.

And somehow, I don't think popcorn that's pretty exposed, is going to be a very popular snack item when the "smoke clears."
    And looking at that picture you can now easily walk towards that idiot who keeps talking or using his phone during the cinema and break social distancing by smacking him one.
    And looking at that picture you can now easily walk towards that idiot who keeps talking or using his phone during the cinema and break social distancing by smacking him one.

:))
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    edited June 2020 Posts: 538
    I can wait. I want this debut to be an event - not just a bootleg.

I hope some asshole doesn't leak it early.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    They probably have it locked up in some very high security location and only Barbara and Michael know the key code.
    Id imagine the director has that code as well.At least now he has more time to play Red Dead Redemption 2!
  • My advice, as a businessman with 35 years experience across multiple industries?

Stream it immediately.

Sometimes you'll make a loss - whether due to seasonal fluctuations, exchanges rates, or simply bad decisions. Eon need to wear this one. It will not make its budget back any time this decade - not even close.

Audiences will know everything about it by 2028 when theatres reopen - if they're still alive by then. We are already seeing spoiler headlines in the tabloids.

Stream it, scrape back some cash, lick your wounds, and start thinking about Bond 26. Now.

"Know when to hold em, know when to fold em." Bond is a gambler - follow his lead and cut the losses.
    My advice, as a businessman with 35 years experience across multiple industries?

Stream it immediately.

Sometimes you'll make a loss - whether due to seasonal fluctuations, exchanges rates, or simply bad decisions. Eon need to wear this one. It will not make its budget back any time this decade - not even close.

Audiences will know everything about it by 2028 when theatres reopen - if they're still alive by then. We are already seeing spoiler headlines in the tabloids.

Stream it, scrape back some cash, lick your wounds, and start thinking about Bond 26. Now.

"Know when to hold em, know when to fold em." Bond is a gambler - follow his lead and cut the losses.

There's gambling... and then there's pushing all in with 7 2 off. They'll keep it unreleased until there's a vaccine, and then after that, when theatres are seating people again.
  • They're also being charged interest on the loans taken out to make the film.

The longer it sits on a shelf, the deeper the fiscal hole. Time to stem the bleeding now.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 348
    They'll keep it unreleased until there's a vaccine, and then after that, when theatres are seating people again.

Hope you're happy to wait at least another year or two for it then at this rate.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,526
    They're also being charged interest on the loans taken out to make the film.

The longer it sits on a shelf, the deeper the fiscal hole. Time to stem the bleeding now.

Fair point.

There are smart people doing the calculations, as hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line. It'll be released when it makes fiscal sense.

I get it, I'd love the film to be available for streaming/download now, but we have to be patient.
  • We have been patient for far too long. I have made a conscious decision to twist the knife... and brother... it feels good!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What s all this about waiting for a vaccine before releasing a film? Makes no sense.
    What s all this about waiting for a vaccine before releasing a film? Makes no sense.

Why?

Why?

Why what? Are you seriously advocating for mass vaccinations before people can go to the theatre now? Sounds like Bill Gates.
  • What s all this about waiting for a vaccine before releasing a film? Makes no sense.

Why?

Why what? Are you seriously advocating for mass vaccinations before people can go to the theatre now? Sounds like Bill Gates.

Are you seriously advocating for people to risk their lives so that they can go to the theatre now? Sounds like DJT.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,526

Why?

Are you an anti vaxxer?
    Regardless of your opinions on vaccinations or even if they do anything or not, theatres won’t reopen until there is one, and NTTD won’t release until theatres are open. Ergo, NTTD won’t release until there’s a vaccine.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 3,164

Why?

Are you an anti vaxxer?
    Regardless of your opinions on vaccinations or even if they do anything or not, theatres won’t reopen until there is one, and NTTD won’t release until theatres are open. Ergo, NTTD won’t release until there’s a vaccine.

Cinemas are already open in many parts of the world, as well as reopening next month in the US and the UK, and Tenet is still dead set to launch on July 17. Will people go, and will studios be willing to leave money on the table - like Warners/Nolan has - by not waiting until audience confidence fully returns (which is will when the world returns to normal with a vaccine/treatment), and is it even right that a cultural event film like this is in such a position where it's either you miss out by waiting 16 weeks for it to hit the home or you risk catching the damn thing, are different questions
    The cinema has been open here for a while, too. People didn t die.