Skyfall - Teaser Trailer - Discussion Thread

Comments

Glad to see that Eve was as keen to see Bond clean-shaven as the rest of us!
    I'm at work right now and I've still got it on repeat :D
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Everytime I watch the trailer, I keep remembering what Mendes said in the first videoblog:

It is still possible to make a big, fabulous, glamorous, escapist movie and yet at the same time to say something about the world that we're living in.

Amazing trailer. Just, amazing.
    ha ha just watched it 4th time. love the feel and tone. safe to say we won't have another DAD
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2012 Posts: 8,048
    skyfall-bond-ppk.gif
    Great shot. Just had to make a GIF for it!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    But i still being a bit scared of having a good trailer but a bad movie. I Really Hope SF is not a bad movie with a lot of espectations and so few of them were worth in it.
    i trust my gut this will be a good if not great movie. one word to describe the trailer 'cinematic' some great wide angle shots.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2012 Posts: 8,048
    skyfall-logo.gif

And the logo for anyone who wants it. ;)
    skyfall-bond-ppk.gif

bond looking matter of fact . love it want it as my wall paper :-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love how he either goes to eject his magazine or hit the safety during the score in the teaser. Great GIF!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    skyfall-bond-ppk.gif

bond looking matter of fact . love it want it as my wall paper :-)

The best I can do for a wallpaper as Bond fires his first shot... 1280x528

Screenshot2012-05-22atAM085928.png
  • Great stuff. Impressed with most of it. Some parts seem a little "tired"...can't wait for this. I feel excited about this move they way I did about CR.
    Superb.
    @danslittlefinger, what seems "tired" to you? Can't say I've ever really known what the expression means.
    That feeling ....when you know this trailer kicks A^&
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 660
    did anyone notice?
    the building glass that Servene(Sp?) is in is broken? my bet that Patrice eliminate her to get rid of loose ends that ties her back to Silva and she may have too much info that could be threat to Silva operation
    Created an account just to say how freaking awesome the teaser was! Really excited!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags I will not click the spoiler tags... :|
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,551
    excelk wrote:
    Created an account just to say how freaking awesome the teaser was! Really excited!

Nice of you to join us, and I'm glad you liked it!

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, same. I've learned too much by clicking them. I really need to stop.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    excelk wrote:

Nice of you to join us, and I'm glad you liked it!
    Hah, thanks. Really hoping they knock this one out of the park, for all our sake.

@excelk, you're quite welcome. Like I've been saying here for months, this film just looks and sounds much, much different than anything we've had in quite some time, and the teaser trailer certainly backs that up. Some of those shots are totally Oscar-worthy, and I now wait in anticipation for the next trailer. Bring on the rest of the year.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh yeah, I understand you perfectly well. At least we know that the cinematography will be top tier stuff, so that's one worry out of the way, for certain,
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love the scenes of Bond riding the chinese raft and all the lights in Shanghai with that shot of Berenice. Then the haunting silhouette at the end. CHILLS. Beautiful cinematography, some of the best I've seen. And Dan in a tux again! I can't wait to see this.
    excelk wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh yeah, I understand you perfectly well. At least we know that the cinematography will be top tier stuff, so that's one worry out of the way, for certain,

Is this something you said? It appears you've quoted me, and I don't recall writing that, haha.
    Apparently so, eh? I apologize, still getting used to the forum it seems.:P But anyway, no biggie, just hope the movie delivers in the end.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    did anyone notice?
    the building glass that Servene(Sp?) is in is broken? my bet that Patrice eliminate her to get rid of loose ends that ties her back to Silva and she may have too much info that could be threat to Silva operation

Nope...
    If you noticed in the Bérénice Marlohe's Videoblog, Sévérine is working WITH Patrice, since she delivers a briefcase to him in the escalator, probably the Sniper Rifle his using in the scene.

In the Trailer, you can clearly see a hole in the glass where Patrice is aiming. He kills a valuable asset that Sévérine was meeting in her room, with her two bodyguards. We can all see this by the Trailer, Videoblogs, etc.

xxx

@excelk, I'm sure it will. It's definitely shaping up to be truly phenomenal.
    I love how a lot of people upon seeing the trailer thought the ending line was "some men are coming to kill us, but they're going to kill M first" turns into "some are coming to kill us. We're going to kill us first". Man the music in the teaser is epic!
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    edited May 2012 Posts: 175
    actonsteve wrote:
    The tube train crash impressed me most. I dont think that has been done in any film yet.

I warmly recommend watching "Silver Streak", a comedy from the 70s, it has an almost identical scene, it even features Richard Kiels as "Jaws"! I think it's the only non-Bond where Kiels is "Jaws"!
    But that was a train in a train station....such as in the recent "Hugo Cabret"...no tube.
    I always thought Jaws was created after seeing "Silver Streak", Richard Kiel is really doing same character there a couple of years prior TSWLM
  • Cool. Coolcoolcoolcoolcool.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 3,169
    Muddyw wrote:
    What really attracts me seeing the images from this teaser is the "not moving or no shaky camera".. everything looks like they filmed it like the camera stood still, so it must be a great experience in cinema instead of the wildly en loose filmed Quantum Of Solace.
    There weren't any shakycam in the QoS-trailer.