No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Anybody saying this is "just a bad flu" is dangerously ignorant and spreading harm
    Walecs wrote: »
    Although I believe the media are all about media creating hysteria.

That's the problem. This is just a flu. People die everyday and no one bats an eye. Then a new virus comes around and everybody panics. Let's say that the media just started the new "panic trend" and everyone has to follow it. It's really annoying that Bond fans have to pay for this fooolishness.

I really really need you to realize that you're wrong about this. I work in a company that puts out the most prestigious academic journals in the world and am surrounded on daily basis by hundreds of doctors and scientists, all with MDs and PhDs, who spend every day reviewing the latest research and news coming in from all over the world and when this is the thing that they *all* talk about constantly, that means it's not foolishness or a "panic trend". This is not "just a flu"; the reported death rate from the WHO is 3.4% compared to a standard seasonal flu whose death rate is under 1%, and senior global health experts, including those in the US, are predicting that this will not be contained and could likely infect 40-70% of the population, and all of that is on top of those who are suffering from the flu, which typically takes most national medical systems to their breaking point. As stated before on these boards, I'm as gutted as anybody else that this movie has been postponed, but there is no way at this moment to properly release a movie whose title is, ahem, 'No Time To Die', whose plot is about biowarfare, and whose entire image rests on the glitz and glamour of star-studded celebrity premieres that now can't happen.

Thank you for saying this.

Anybody saying it "just a flu" is dangerously ignorant and is spreading deeply harmful misinformation. This is potentially the most widespread severe illness the world has seen since the 1918 Spanish Flu.

People living in first world countries today simply have no prior experience they can map this onto, so dismissive "it's just a flu, bro" attitudes and normalcy bias reign supreme.

Eon / Universal chose November likely because it's the first date that they could potentially make work for a host of logistical reasons.

I deeply fear that normalcy will not have returned by then and we will be facing another significant delay.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I'd rather risk getting the virus and seeing the film tbh.

You’re happy to pass it to any family members over 60 or young children and risk them dying then? So you can watch a movie?

Human beings are virus themselves. They've been destroying the planet, keep killing and torturing other people or animals, children are subject to child labour, wars and slavery are still a thing etc. Not OP here but yes, I'd be happy to pass the coronavirus to as many people as possible, even more so if a Bond movie was my reward for that.

And you're happy to pass a virus to as many people as possible for the reward of watching a film...
    I am assuming you have a family and have some rationale feelings too sometimes? Just asking.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    triumphscandinavia
    Launches today! The new Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition has been inspired by the magnificent Scrambler 1200 custom stunt bike that features in NO TIME TO DIE. Limited to only 250 models worldwide #NoTimeToDie #JamesBond #ForTheRide #TriumphOfficial

Universal were notified of EON's decision to delay the film on Tuesday, ahead of announcement Wednesday
    https://www.screendaily.com/news/studios-ponder-next-moves-after-coronavirus-james-bond-delay/5147859.article
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    In other, lighter news: the fun hashtag emojis on #JamesBond, #NoTimeToDie, #Bond25 and #BondJamesBond on Twitter have all disappeared.

The marketing roll out has begun to roll itself back in until summer, it seems.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I am assuming you have a family and have some rationale feelings too sometimes? Just asking.

I do. My relatives are homophobes, specists and racists. I couldn't care less if they died.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I just spoke to a friend of mine who works for a cinema company (let's call them Bue) and he said there was a notice from Eon and Universal issued about the delay and it says "it's due to insensitive content within the runtime of the film given the current climate"
    He did say it doesn't mention the coronavirus by name but it seems to be content based

Interesting: we did think that was likely part of it.

You’re happy to pass it to any family members over 60 or young children and risk them dying then? So you can watch a movie?

No. And the only reason EON are delaying release is maximum box office in Asia not purely for humanitarian reasons.

No one said it was.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I just spoke to a friend of mine who works for a cinema company (let's call them Bue) and he said there was a notice from Eon and Universal issued about the delay and it says "it's due to insensitive content within the runtime of the film given the current climate"
    He did say it doesn't mention the coronavirus by name but it seems to be content based

That makes sence.

But how do you delay a £250m investment? Your at a loss until the money comes in? Plus sponsorship commitments and contracts? These studios must have obscene cash flow to allow this.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861

That's the problem. This is just a flu. People die everyday and no one bats an eye. Then a new virus comes around and everybody panics. Let's say that the media just started the new "panic trend" and everyone has to follow it. It's really annoying that Bond fans have to pay for this fooolishness.

I really don't get this 'loads of people die from influenza' argument. The idea that these folk find more people dying on top of that fine is ridiculous.

I didn't say this. I'm just saying that other matters are more dangerous (e.g. global warming) and no one bats an eye.

Yes you did say that. Your attitude to people dying is rather disgusting. I don't go in for 'ignore' functions on forums but I'm currently wishing this forum had one.
    suavejmf wrote: »

That makes sence.

But how do you delay a £250m investment? Your at a loss until the money comes in? Plus sponsorship commitments and contracts? These studios must have obscene cash flow to allow this.

God i really hope they don't change the plot cause of this. I doubt Cary would take that lightly at all.
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    It‘s just a movie. Health and safety first I say.

I disagree. My movie is more important, especially after a five year wait. I honestly couldn't care less about the virus.
    Say what??? Weren’t you the guy panicking that the world was coming to an end because of global warming and sending me pics of dead seals or whales or what have you? And now all of a sudden a movie is the most important thing in the world? Please, gimme a break.... Typical liberal hypocrisy. Practice what you preach!

Said the guy who
    1. Believes in God even though he never saw him
    2. Always uses fallacies to win arguments.

lmao
  • Jordo007 wrote: »

There it is. Makes sense now. No other Hollywood film is changing release dates.
    “Insensitive content.” I cannot understand why people would get offended over this. If anything it would be a good thing to see Bond and the good guys fighting against viruses!

I really don't get this 'loads of people die from influenza' argument. The idea that these folk find more people dying on top of that fine is ridiculous.

I didn't say this. I'm just saying that other matters are more dangerous (e.g. global warming) and no one bats an eye.

Yes you did say that. Your attitude to people dying is rather disgusting. I don't go in for 'ignore' functions on forums but I'm currently wishing this forum had one.

I didn't use the "loads of people die from influenza" argument. I said that dangerous matters exist and no one cares. My attitude is only a result to all the disgusting things people do. Wars, slavery, child labour etc. The fact you think my own opinion is worse than those things - the fact you believe hatred towards injustice is worse than the injustice itself - is quite telling.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    FoxRox wrote: »
    “Insensitive content.” I cannot understand why people would get offended over this. If anything it would be a good thing to see Bond and the good guys fighting against viruses!

Sure, but folks on twitter get offended by anything! :) You can bet the Daily Mail would report 'Massive Fan Backlash Outrage!!' the moment a single person on social media said 'seems slightly insensitive to bring this film about people dying from a deadly virus right now, doesn't it?'
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Take any arguments to PM's or better still away from the forum.
    This is not Bond related. The postponement has happened, and I don't think anyone is happy about it. But it's happened.
    Getting angry, picking arguments with each other as too why or how this could happen, or that it's unfair, or a mistake aren't going to change it.
    Deal with it.
    Get over it.
    And move on.
  • I work for the NHS, I know how bad it is with seasonal flu regarding capacity. Add on this virus and we are in unchartered territory. I love James Bond films. After a shift trying to help and sometimes trying to save people, I come onto this site to read and get the latest gossip because it helps me de-stress as does watching the films.

I too was waiting on getting my hands on Zimmers soundtrack and going to see the movie - yes it's disappointing. And that's it - it's disappointing . But I still have my family and my friends, my job and my health (fingers crossed for the next few months) etc etc- the important things in life. Bond is up there but he isn't the be all and end all of my life. Now I was going to be smart to a certain member and quote John Mason to General Hummel - you know the one "Personally,......"

But if the only thing a person has in their life is hanging onto is the release of a movie (be it James Bond or otherwise) and they would be prepared to spread a potentially lethal virus to get their bum on a cinema seat, then all I can do is pity them.
    Rant over.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »
    But again it's not just insensitive content. The actual real life threat of the virus that has a lot of people concerned and the numbers that are rising internationally is just as much a part to play.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

My attitude is only a result to all the disgusting things people do. Wars, slavery, child labour etc. The fact you think my own opinion is worse than those things

Yawn. As you would say: straw man. I never said that your thoughts are worse than death; that would be tasteless.
    - the fact you believe hatred towards injustice is worse than the injustice itself - is quite telling.

Hatred towards the 'injustice' of a film you wanted to see coming out on time? Hahaha!

I won't be responding to you again on this: I don't think anyone else is interested. Juts take note that more than several people have reacted with disgust to your comments and work out for yourself if they're welcome.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,157
    Hatred towards the 'injustice' of a film you wanted to see coming out on time? Hahaha!

I was talking about wars etc. and you know it. Again, straw man.

People are outraged because they're prigs. Nothing weird about that.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 642

Haha!!! Global warming again!! Dude you’re an idiot. Just shut up and check yourself into an insane asylum!

The fact that the only thing you have going on in your life is a Bond movie is quite telling. Maybe if you engaged with this “species” called humans that you hate so much you wouldn’t be in such a sad predicament that you’re in right now.

That...makes a lot of sense
  • Walecs wrote: »

I was talking about wars etc. and you know it. Again, straw man.

People are outraged because they're prigs. Nothing weird about that.

Please don't e mail me and call me a "moron".
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited March 2020 Posts: 524
    New article from the Hollywood Reporter.
    Currently NTTD is the only film to move. Disney, Universal (for F9) and Paramount are sticking to their release dates for now. Craig has reportedly told EON and MGM he will keep his agenda free to promote the movie in November.

https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/no-time-die-moves-but-hollywood-tentpoles-staying-put-1282395
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Benny wrote: »
    Take any arguments to PM's or better still away from the forum.
    This is not Bond related. The postponement has happened, and I don't think anyone is happy about it. But it's happened.
    Getting angry, picking arguments with each other as too why or how this could happen, or that it's unfair, or a mistake aren't going to change it.
    Deal with it.
    Get over it.
    And move on.

Just providing an echo to this comment. Thank you, God bless.
    New article from the Hollywood Reporter.
    Currently NTTD is the only film to move. Disney, Universal (for F9) and Paramount are sticking to their release dates for now. Craig has reportedly told EON and MGM he will keep his agenda free to promote the movie in November.

https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/no-time-die-moves-but-hollywood-tentpoles-staying-put-1282395

This makes it even more frustrating.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    webmagcover.jpg

Curzon magazine March-April 2020 issue #79

Read it online (no new NTTD info though):

https://www.curzoncinemas.com/pdf/5265/curzon-magazine-issue-79-no-time-to-die.pdf/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It sure does makes it frustrating, but we'll see how those titles perform before calling Eon out on blinking first. I can't imagine Mulan earning anything close to what it originally was expected to.

F9 will probably do fine, but likewise will lose a sizeable chunk of its theatrical earnings. Asian audiences love Fast & Furious more than they love Star Wars.

Six months from now we could very easily be praising EON for their foresight, which would be nice considering that many here have damned them for their lack of it in the last while.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    It sure does makes it frustrating, but we'll see how those titles perform before calling Eon out on blinking first. I can't imagine Mulan earning anything close to what it originally was expected to.

F9 will probably do fine, but likewise will lose a sizeable chunk of its theatrical earnings. Asian audiences love Fast & Furious more than they love Star Wars.

Six months from now we could very easily be praising EON for their foresight, which would be nice considering that many here have damned them for their lack of it in the last while.

Well said
    bondsum wrote: »

Over 60? Hell yes. All of world's problems would be solved if Boomers disappeared.
    You've heard of karma @Benjamin_Weekly69? What happens if there's a second wave of coronavirus just like there was the Spanish Flu that targets only the young next? You're probably aware that Spanish Flu started out by only targeting the elderly first, before the second wave killed just the young with their own immune system working against them. Not all Boomers are over 60, by the way, as it goes to mid-1964.

Yes. Great song. My favourite of Lloyd Banks'.